• Pushed herself so far she has actually experienced extreme exhaustion during filming
• Has embodied her characters in everyday life to make sure she got them absolutely perfect
• Has literally bled for her character and her performance
• Has trained herself to execute half a dozen different accents
• Can play up to 3 different characters a day
• Can play opposite herself using her own audio cues
• Can effortlessly jump between roles and often plays roles playing roles
• Has proactively engaged in the development of her characters; for example, designing tattoos for Cosima and suggesting scarification for Helena
• Works on average, four/five months straight (and unimaginable hours) with a recorded ONE day off during season 1
• Insisted on embodying a transgender clone with only the utmost respect for the community when it came to her physical appearance and moral projection; actually engaging actively with that community, listening to stories and asking advice in order to make her performance as politically correct as possible
• Has to date, personified over a dozen individual characters
• Has improvised many of her scenes based off of what she’d imagine the character she was playing at the time would have said, believed, felt
• And has actively studied for her roles in order to make her performance as authentic as possible…
AND SHE STILL DOESN’T GET HALF THE RECOGNITION SHE DESERVES!
Awards aren’t everything but they’re something and when you have as much talent, passion and dedication as Tatiana Maslany…you deserve a bloody award here and there!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ORPHAN BLACK’s TATIANA MASLANY ON HER EMMY NOMINATION FOR LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES OH MY GOSH SORRY FOR SCREAMING BUT WE CAN’T HELP IT OH MY GOSH HOLY DOODLE HOLY FRIKKIN CHRISTMAS CAKE.
…there is NO REASON why Tatiana Maslany should have been ignored this year. Not only has the actress’ performances remained as solid and complex as they were last year, she actually further developed one character, Rachel, while also introducing two new ones, the terminally ill Jennifer and the transgender clone Tony. And all of her distinctively portrayed main characters are vitally important to the plot itself, so Maslany could feasibly take over the Best Performance category all by her lonesome.
Golden Globes 2015: Why Don’t Tatiana Maslany And Orphan Black Get More Credit? (x)