Why don’t we talk about Ugly Betty more? It’s a show with a woc protagonist, a large focus on her Mexican family, with a diverse cast including a gay guy, a successful morally ambiguous African American lady, and a trans woman (albeit played by a cis actress), which critiques high fashion and the media for holding up unfair standards for female appearance.
Like seriously sometimes I wonder how this show even exists
1. It’s hilarious
2. The main character and her family are Latin@s
3. Mark, her coworker, is gay
4. Her nephew is also gay or bisexual as is Amanda
5. There’s a main character who’s trans. Not gonna spoil it.
6. Addresses sizeism, racism, and sexism in the beauty industry
7. One of the highest-ups at the company, Wilhemina, is a black woman
8. Addresses immigration
9. Seriously, it’s fucking hilarious
10. Just go watch it, it’s on Netflix