Baritones, like their female counterpart, the mezzos, come in all shapes and sizes. They are common for leading men, villains and character parts. There are even a few ingenues or at least roles for young men in the baritone range. Because it is a range shared by many singers, there are many subtypes of baritone roles. Villains and leading men in heavier pieces are frequently dramatic baritones, whereas character types are comic baritones and younger characters or characters in lighter shows are lyric baritones. Because it is the most common male vocal register, the voice can also have an “everyman” implication and such roles are frequently baritones.
Cryptozoology A to Z - A wonderful book for those that are just starting to learn about Cryptozoology to people like me that prefer short blurbs per creature rather than chapters and chapters on the same thing. This book has just enough info on each cryptid that it reports on.
Globsters - A personal interest to me, this book dives into the subject of Globsters. Of course, most Globsters are whale blubber, decaying basking sharks, etc, but this book introduced me to a number of unknown Globsters that I had never heard of.
In most movies and TV shows, if two people date, they’re both
very attractive. I love how Queenie and Jacob date and love each
other, even though Jacob isn’t your stereotypical hot guy. Queenie
still loves Jacob, and Jacob still loves Queenie; neither are “out of
each other’s league”. I wish more television programs and people could
remember this: it’s the PERSON that counts, not how hot they are.
Queenie and Jacob are a beautiful example of that!
just popping in to let y'all know there’s a live action beauty & the beast tv show from 1987-1990 starring ron perlman as the beast (above) and george r.r. martin was an executive producer and it’s CATS meets Phantom of the Opera meets 1980s cocaine binge and is very real and this is a very real picture from it ok have a nice weekend
Not unlike its magically cursed protagonist, Beauty and the Beast has taken on several forms since its creation. Originally written as a novel in 1740 by the French writer Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, the tale of a beautiful young woman who falls in love with a literally monstrous prince has since been adapted into cartoons, TV shows, plays, and pretty much every genre imaginable. Next month, the story enters a new genre: manga.
On April 26, Tokyopop and Disney will publish a two-volume manga adaptation of Beauty and the Beast, written by Mallory Reeves, that showcases each main character’s perspective. Belle’s Tale will show the story from her point of view, as she learns to see true beauty beyond outward appearances, while The Beast’s Tale will show him learning to move beyond his curse and love again.
In the previews below, readers can see the Beast’s visceral transformation, as well as Belle’s struggles in her sleepy town. Both volumes of Beauty and the Beast go on sale April 26.
Who knew a show about Archie, Betty and Veronica could be so delicious? The CW show all about teens and murder is one of the best they’ve had in awhile. Filled with, drama, romance, and abs what more do you need?
2. Big Little Lies (HBO)
If you aren’t watching Big Little Lies what the fuck are you even watching? The show about a seaside town in california with crazy parents and you guessed it, a murder is the best limited series I’ve ever seen. Not only does it feature some bad ass women but the kid actors hold their own here too. Also Reese Witherspoon should start writing her globes speech cause she’s got it in the bag.
3. Chewing Gum (Netflix)
Tracey is a prude girl who wants to learn more about the world and sex. This show is one of the best that Netflix has to offer. Any show that compares Beyonce to Jesus gets five stars in my book.
4. Legion (FX)
Im not a big Marvel fan but man say anything is connected to the X-Men and I am game. Legion is a show that you have to give all your attention too. You can not watch this and be on your phone folks. Did I mention the main character is played by Dan Stevens a.k.a our new beloved beast from Beauty and the Beast.
5. BIG LITTLE MOTHER FUCKING LIES (HBO)
ADDING THIS HERE AGAIN CAUSE THE FINALE WAS SUNDAY AND IT WAS EVERYTHING I DREAMED OF AND THIS IS THE BEST SHOW IVE EVER SEEN ON TELEVISION GOOD FUCKING DAY Y’ALL GIVE THEM ALL THE GLOBES.
MTV Not Neutral on Offering Gender Neutral Acting Award
They might not have the glitz and glamor of the Oscars, but that doesn’t let the MTV Movie & TV Awards stop them from being trailblazers. In a large number of categories, many well deserving, talented minorities were recognized, including people of color and LGBTQ people – something larger scale awards shows have been criticized for lacking.
And for the first time ever, a gender-neutral acting award was given – received by Emma Watson for her performance in Beauty and the Beast.
This year, the iconic Best Kiss award was given to Ashton Sanders & Jharrel Jerome, the two male actors who portray Chiron and Kevin in Moonlight’s second act. Their kiss acts as the culmination of prolonged repression and desire, as poetic as it is passionate.
Additionally, RuPaul’s Drag Race received the award for Best Reality Competition.
- Mal likes to draw but will sometimes get upset and tears them up. The ones that she does keep are mostly portraits of her friends.
- Evie has a YouTube channel where she does makeup tutorials, diys and some skits. She’s pretty popular- 3 mill subscribers.
- Jay has played pretty much every sport you could possibly imagine. Soccer, basketball, tennis, football, etc.
- Carlos is a legit dancer. He competes in competitions and has made a bunch of tv appearances. Not to mention his adorable sporty boyfriend who insists on showing up at event.
- Ben loves Disney movies. He’s watched every single one. Mal even jokes that he practically deemed himself an official prince himself. (His least favorite was Beauty and the Beast. He doesn’t get how a woman could fall in love with a man with such anger issues.)
- Audrey loves Instagram. She is surprisingly good with angles and lighting. She also helps Evie work the camera and adjusts the lights for the *proper* aesthetic.
- Doug secretly loves playing Pokémon Go even though it’s lost a ton of its popularity. He doesn’t know that Evie, his girlfriend, already knows and she finds it totally adorable.
- Jane is a fierce pansexual who attends as many pride parades as she can fit into her schedule. She pretty much has a large stash of glitter, markers, and cardboards.
- Lonnie is prank master af, and has a YouTube channel where she posts all her pranks. One of her favorites was when she swapped
Mal’s Watercolor paint for Acrylic paint. (Mal freaked out when she found that the paint was drying up fast) She’s not that popular- 250,000 subscribers- but she has fun and she’s still growing.