Hi! I want to draw people with a lot of emotion captured, but I don't really know how to do it so that the viewer feels something. I want to show more emotion, I guess? (This was really unclear, I know :0) Thank you so much!
What a great question, @everchangingotps!
I think studying anatomy helps a lot. Facial muscles are a bit complex, and they move in different ways to make the frowns and smiles happen!
Here’s a few great resources I found:
- Human Anatomy Fundamentals, Mastering facial Expressions - super comprehensive. Definitely worth the read!
- Muscles of Facial Expression - Anatomyzone
- Drawing facial expressions - Xia Taptara on Youtube
- Folder of Facial Expression Tutorials! Super useful
- Expression tutorial by shingworks - cartoon style
If you liked this post, please consider reblogging this post so more artists can see it!
Also it would mean the world to me if you checked out my art at @astrikos!
Thank you for your continued support!