How do u design the robot forms of the homestuck characters like where do u get ur inspiration
basically i simplify the muscles of a normal human for the bod and design the faces with the …. shape vibe i get from the characters. as long as everything looks like it interlocks your robot will look nice and good. as for the shape vibe, dave has round glasses so he is a round boy and dirk is pointy and curvy. its kind of difficult to explain i think i might do my first proper real tutorial on how i design robots because theyre a lot of fun
I like how you drawing eyes and noses.. can you do some tutorial? Please senpai ✨
Oh man Ive never done a tutorial before…lol idk how to really do one but I’ll try anon!! Also long post is long rip.
so I guess I’ll explain by number?
1) I think the most important thing to remember is that the eye itself is a sphere and eyelids come in all sorts of shapes (even more when you’re stylizing as heavily as I do..). So make sure to keep that in mind before you even start. Also proportions, if that’s something you care about, do wonders for making a face believable (this applies less to not-at-all for more anime styles). A general rule of thumb is the eyebrows are even with the tips of the ears when faced straight on and the eyes are about an eye-width apart.
2) This is I guess the most broken down process? I typically done just draw eyes, I start from the face itself and then I put in eyes once I figure out my perspective, but I guess this is a process you should try if you’re having trouble understanding eyes themselves?
3) Eyes are super good for conveying expression and head perspective I think (doubly so when combined with eyebrows). So, when I draw eyes I do the face first, figure out what the perspective of the eyes should be, what shape/expression I want for them, and then I draw them in~
4) My actual physical process for drawing eyes is: first line of eyelid that goes from the corner to the upper eye lid, 2nd line that goes across the entire top of the eyes, 3rd line for the bottom eyelid, and 4th line for the outer waterlines (which I stylize quite heavily, as most real eyes don’t have such prominent waterlines). Then I draw in the iris and pupil to fit the expression and perspective. There are a bunch of examples of how I do eyes there, so hopefully those are good enough examples??
Yeah okay nose time i guess.As with the eyes chart:
1) keeping the shapes of the nose and head proportions is important. I always think about what parts of the nose would be visible and most prominent in whatever position I’m drawing the face in (what will the nostrils look like irl, etc). As a general rule, the nose is equal in length to ears and is about 1/3 of the length of the face from chin to hairline. The bridge of the nose is connected to the brow and lips are connected to the lips via the philtrum (that weird kinda teardrop shaped valley thing above the lip).
2) this is my actual nose drawing process. As always, start with a face and figure out your perspective. I then draw in where the brow is and fill in the eyebrows and part of the eye. Then I draw the line of the nose (if applicable) and the nostrils. I add lines where some noses turn slightly up, as its a style that I enjoy and I think it helps convey perspective in a low maintenance way.
3) is some examples of what noses do in different head positions and angles..I don’t really have a good way of explaining this, as I just try to logically picture what it should look like.
4) is just different types of noses. I will say this: there are many artists far more adept at drawing different ethnicities’ and race’s noses than me. From my head, I’d recommend joannathemad (i believe this is the correct spelling), but again, there are MANY artists who do this well. I’d say look for what you like and try to learn from it and adapt what you like of their’s into your own style!
I hope this was helpful anon, I feel that I probably didn’t organize it in the best way…also I hope you can understand this longass post I wrote..orz Thanks for liking my art!!
hOW DO YOU DO THE SHAKY EFFECT WHEN YOU DO MEME ART LIKE IT'S KINDA BLURRY BUT NOT UHM SORRY IF I'M NOT MAKING ANY SENSE I JUST LIVE OFF YOUR ART ALSO IT'S SUPER LATE AND NOW IM CURIOUS PLEASE QUENCH MY KNOWLEDGE
I got you
filter > blur > radial blur > spin
keep the amount at about 4-10 unless you want to be extremely SHOOK
also works with nyoom !!! filter > blur > radial blur > zoom (you can put the amount at 10+ for this, it’s hella)
and also filter > blur > motion blur (I used this one a lot for the laugh in that one video)