• Why did Sherlock show an obvious disinterest in women during his first minute of screen time
• Why did Sherlock wink at John when he first met him
• Why did Mrs Hudson assume that John was Sherlock’s new boyfriend
• Why did Sherlock not correct her
• Why did John say ‘oh god yes’ the way he did
• Why does John call Sherlock brilliant and fantastic all the time
• Why did Angelo assume John and Sherlock were on a date
• Why did Sherlock not correct him
• Why did John ask if Sherlock had a girlfriend
• Why did Sherlock say that girlfriends aren’t his area
• Why did John ask Sherlock if he had a boyfriend
• Why did John smile and lick his lips when he discovered that Sherlock was single
• Why did Sherlock assume that John was asking him out
• Why was the scene where they are laughing in the hallway filmed like a post-sex bed scene
• Why did Sherlock cure John’s psychosomatic limp
• Why did Mycroft say ‘may we expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?’
• Why did John instantly trust Sherlock and is loyal to him when he has trust issues
• Why did Lestrade say that John knows Sherlock better than he does even though Lestrade has known him for years and John had known him for a day
• Why the prolonged eye contact
• Why did John shoot a man to save Sherlock even though he had known him for a day
• Why did Sherlock look at John the way he did in the car park
• Why did they get dinner together afterwards
• Why did Sherlock suggest that they go on a date
• Why did Sherlock crash John’s date
• Why did he spin John around by his shoulders in order to ‘maximise his visual memory’
• Why was Sherlock so arsey to Sarah
• Why did Sherlock watch John walk away from Baker Street through the window
• Why did Mrs Hudson ask if they’d had a ‘little domestic’
• Why did Sherlock not correct her
• Why did John sleep on Sarah’s sofa
• Why did Sherlock know that Jim from IT was gay because he is well groomed and uses product in his hair when Sherlock is very well groomed and uses product in his hair
• Why does Sherlock know gay underwear trends
• Why did John say ‘I hope you will be very happy together’ when Sherlock talked about Moriarty
• Why did Donovan say to John ‘opposites attract, I suppose’
• Why did Sherlock look at John after Moriarty said ‘I’ll burn the heart out of you’
• Why did Moriarty say ‘we both know that’s not quite true’ when Sherlock said that he’s ‘been reliably informed that he doesn’t have [a heart]’
• Why did Sherlock freak out so much when he removed the Semtex from John
• Why does that scene look and sound sexual
• Why was John’s first thought ‘I hope nobody saw you ripping off my clothes they might talk’
• Why do they agree to die together
• Why does Sherlock always talk to John even when he’s not there
• Why did Sherlock say that sex doesn’t alarm him
• Why did Sherlock steal an ashtray for John
• Why did Sherlock only look at Irene’s face when she was fully naked
• Why did Irene say ‘somebody loves you, if I had to punch that face, I’d avoid your nose and teeth too’ and look at John
• Why did John get annoyed and say ‘I had a tea at the palace too, if anyone’s interested’
• Why could Sherlock deduce John perfectly but not deduce Irene at all
• Why did Irene say that she wasn’t sure that Sherlock knew ‘where to look’
• Why did Sherlock stutter when John flirted with Irene
• Why was Sherlock’s first thought John when he woke up
• Why did John cancel his date to look after Sherlock
• Why did John get annoyed at Sherlock’s erotic moan text alert
• Why did John count the texts that Sherlock got from Irene
• Why did Sherlock ignore all of these texts
• Why did John’s girlfriend say that John is 'a great boyfriend and Sherlock Holmes is a very lucky man’ and that she didn’t want to 'compete with Sherlock Holmes’
• Why was she dressed like Sherlock
• Why can’t John tell his girlfriends apart
• Why did John say that Sherlock acts heartbroken all the time
• Why did John get so angry at Irene when she came back
• Why did he shout 'you’ve texted him a lot!’
• Why did he say 'you… Flirted… With Sherlock Holmes?’ in that tone of voice
• Why did Irene ask if he’s jealous
• Why did Irene (who knows what people like) say that they are a couple
• Why did John not deny this
• Why did John not reply when Irene said 'well I… Am [gay]. Look at us both’
• Why did Sherlock look so emotional after hearing this
• Why did John ask Sherlock how he felt about Irene being alive
• Why did John playfully say 'what, in your bedroom?’ When Sherlock said that they had a client while standing in his room
• Why did Sherlock start talking to John even though he wasn’t present and Irene was
• Why did he say to Irene 'why would I want to have dinner if I wasn’t hungry?’ Even though he always goes to dinner with John and doesn’t eat anything
• Why did John say 'John Hamish Watson, just if you were looking for baby names’
• Why did Irene tell Sherlock to 'impress a girl’ and then he looked at John while deducing
• Why does Sherlock say 'don’t feel obliged to tell that that was amazing or wonderful; John’s already expressed that in every variant available to the English language’
• Why did Sherlock say 'don’t be absurd’ when Mycroft assumed that he loved Irene
• Why did Sherlock randomly say 'I suppose John Watson thinks love’s a mystery to me’ in the middle of a conversation that had nothing to do with John and was about love and sentiment
• Why does Mycroft consult John on matters of Sherlock’s heart
• Why did John look relieved and smile when Sherlock said 'why would I want to see her again?’
• Why did the gay couple that own the inn in Dartmoor assume that Sherlock and John were a couple
• Why did John not correct them
• Why did Sherlock smirk at John when he pulled rank
• Why did John say 'you with your… Cheekbones and turning your collar up so you look cool’
• Why did Dr Frankland refer to John as Sherlocks’s 'live in PA’
• Why did Sherlock defensively ask 'what about us?’ When Henry said 'look at you and John’
• Why did the papers assume that John is a 'confirmed bachelor’ (euphemism for a gay man)
• Why did John say that they 'need to be more careful’
• Why did John not reply when Sherlock asked why other people’s options of Sherlock upset him
• Why did Sherlock and John stare at each other in the mirror while getting ready for the trail
• Why did Sherlock say 'you repel me’ with such poison after Kitty Reilly said that there’s 'all sorts of gossip in the press’ about him and that she can 'settle the record straight’
• Why does Molly say to Sherlock 'you look sad, when you think he can’t see you’
• Why did Sherlock only lose his shit when he thought that John was starting to doubt him
• Why did John chin the chief superintendent for calling Sherlock a weirdo
• Why did John trust Sherlock with holding a loaded gun to his head
• Why was John’s first thought 'people will definitely talk’ after Sherlock held his hand and they ran together down the street
• Why was Sherlock’s first thought 'John’ when Moriarty said that the people he cares about will die
• Why did Sherlock cry on the roof
• Why was Sherlock’s 'last’ words 'goodbye, John’
• Why did John look so heartbroken
• Why did John’s therapist say 'the things you meant to say… But never did. Say them now’
• Why did John refuse
• What were the things he never said
• Why did John say at Sherlock’s grave 'one more miracle, Sherlock, for me. Don’t… Be… Dead’
• Why did John mourn Sherlock more like a lover than a friend
• Why were the S*erl0lololo and S***i4rty ship fan theories dismissed as 'bollocks’ when Johnlock, the main ship in fandom, wasn’t mentioned
• Why did Sherlock look so happy to be returning to London
• Why did Mrs Hudson assume that John was about to tell her he was ill when he was actually about to inform her of his engagement to 'Mary’
• Why did John say that he was 'moving on’ from Sherlock
• Why did Mrs Hudson assume that he was engaged to a man
• Why did Mrs Hudson think that Sherlock was John’s boyfriend after years of knowing them both very well
• Why did Sherlock keep asking about John while Mycroft gave him important information about the terrorists
• Why did Sherlock suggest that he jump out of a cake (which is an action which is usually sexualised)
• Why did Sherlock interrupt John’s proposal to 'Mary’
• Why did John not whisper when proposing to 'Mary’, like he normally does when he is emotional
• Why did John say 'one word, that’s all I would have needed. One word to let me know that you were alive’
• What did he need the one word for
• Why did Sherlock say 'you have missed this… Admit it… just the two of us against the rest of the world’ right in front of 'Mary’
• Why did Sherlock look so hurt as he watched John and 'Mary’ drive away
• Why was solving crimes and going on a date linked together via Molly
• Why did Sherlock keep hearing John’s voice in his head
• Why did he call Molly 'John’
• Why did John shave off his mustache because Sherlock didn’t like it
• Why did John not want 'Mary’ to read his blog
• Why does 'Mary’ always tease John about Sherlock
• Why did John look delighted at the prospect of Sherlock coming to the clinic in disguise
• Why was Sherlock so panicked when he realised that John was in danger
• Why was he more panicked than 'Mary’
• Why did Sherlock run straight into the fire to drag John out while 'Mary’ just kind of… Stood there
• Why did Sherlock cup John’s face
• Why is Sherlock in focus and 'Mary’ isn’t when the camera shows John’s POV
• Why did Sherlock want to get rid of his parents when John arrived
• Why did Sherlock say that he likes his 'doctors clean shaven’
• Why did Sherlock tell John to go and save himself when the bomb switched on
• Why did they have an intense discussion about feelings when John thought that they were about to die
• Why did John say that Sherlock is the 'best and wisest man’ that he has even known
• Why did Sherlock pretend to not care/ forget about the wedding
• Why did he try and get Mrs Hudson to leave when she talked about her maid of honour and the end of eras
• Why did Sherlock sadly stare at John’s chair
• Why did he say 'into battle’ before putting his wedding suit on
• Why do we not see any of the actual wedding
• Why did Sherlock not move when the photographer said 'just the bride and groom, please’
• Why did Sherlock look so weirded out when Janine said 'no sex, okay’
• Why is Sherlock so skilled at gauging the attractiveness of men
• Why did John not care about 'Mary’’s ex coming to their wedding
• Why did Sherlock get obviously jealous of Sholto
• Why did 'Mary’ notice this and say 'neither of us were the first, you know’
• Why did Mycroft tell Sherlock to 'not get involved’
• Why did Sherlock compare his love for John to 'Mary’’s love for John multiple times in his best man speech
• Why did Sherlock go catatonic when John asked him to be best man
• Why was that scene so similar to a marriage proposal
• Why did Sherlock call John 'the bravest and kindest and wisest man’ that he has 'ever had the good fortune of knowing’
• Why the elephant in the room
• Why was John looking for cases to go on with Sherlock instead of planning his wedding
• Why was Sherlock scared of John and 'Mary’ getting married
• Why did John make a weird face when he called Sherlock 'mate’
• Why did Sherlock imply that he was John’s 'current commander’ and that Sholto was John’s 'ex’
• Why did Sherlock get up and leave when John started talking about 'Mary’ changing his life
• Why did John compare his relationship with 'Mary’ to his relationship with Sherlock
• Why did Sherlock look so weirded out when Molly said that she’s having a lot of sex with Tom
• Why does Sherlock have a file on John
• What is in the file
• Why did he print out and glue a picture of John’s face onto a picture of the Vitruvian man (the ideal man)
• Why did John and Sherlock go to a gay bar during the stag night
• Why did the lights look like the bisexual flag
• Why did they lie together on the stairs at Baker Street
• Why did John grope Sherlock’s knee
and say 'I don’t mind’
• Why did their feet keep touching
• Why did Sherlock look so upset at Tessa’s story of unrequited love
• Why did he take his arm away from John’s shoulders when Tessa said 'I would of liked to have gone further’
• Why did Sherlock lie on the floor with his arse in the air
• Why did Sherlock refer to the night as a 'wasted opportunity’
• Why did Sherlock ramble about John’s cooking and jumpers in the middle of the speech
• Why did Sherlock tell a room full of women in his mind palace 'not you’ one by one but then pointed at John and said 'it’s always you. John Watson, you keep me right’
• Why did John touch Sherlock on the back when he saw him with Janine
• Why do we see Sherlock give a vow to always be there for John but not see John and 'Mary’ give their wedding vows
• Why did Sherlock teach John how to dance
• Why did Sherlock and John look at each other… The way they did on the dance floor
• Why did John and 'Mary’ act worried, annoyed, angry and panicked to the news of Mary being pregnant
• Why did Sherlock leave the wedding early
• Why did John’s war nightmares come back after not seeing Sherlock in a month
• Why did Sherlock go back to drugs after not seeing John in a month
• Why did John dream about Sherlock
• Why did John dress like and act like Sherlock
• Why are the first glimpses of John and 'Mary’’s married life of them arguing
• Why did Sherlock move John’s chair
• Why did John act… They way he did when he saw Janine come out of Sherlock’s bedroom
• Why did his jaw clench when he heard her getting into the bath
• Why was John so focused on Sherlock and Janine’s 'relationship’ when Sherlock was giving him important case info
• Why did he look so disgusted when they kissed
• Why did Sherlock kiss Janine so… Badly
• Why did John look so heartbroken when Sherlock 'proposed’ to Janine
• Why did 'Mary’ shoot Sherlock
• Why did Sherlock try to go to the John section of his mind palace when mind palace!Mycroft told him to find something to calm him down
• Why did mind palace!'Mary’ shoot Sherlock in her wedding dress when Sherlock went to the John section of his mind palace
• Why did Sherlock restart his own heart when mind palace!Moriarty said 'John Watson is definitely in danger’
• Why did Sherlock never sleep with Janine
• Why did Janine say 'I know what kind of man you are’
• What kind of man is Sherlock
• Why did Sherlock escape hospital while bleeding internally in order to move John’s chair back
• Why did Sherlock and 'Mary’ keep linking John’s romantic preferences to danger to both of them
• Why did Sherlock say 'because you chose her’
• Why did John say 'always your way’
• Why did John’s 'forgiveness’ speech to 'Mary’ seem so stoic
• Why did John leave his unconscious drugged pregnant wife to go off with Sherlock
• Why did Magnussen say 'but look how you care about John Watson’
• Why did Sherlock look so hurt when he was forced to watch Magnussen flicking John’s face and threatening him
• Why did Sherlock shoot Magnussen
• Why did Sherlock get everyone else to leave the Tarmac
• Why did Sherlock say 'there’s something I’ve meant to say always but then never have’
• What did he actually mean to say (Because it clearly wasn’t 'Sherlock is actually a girls name’)
• Why did he say that he thinks the name 'Sherlock Watson’ could work
• Why was the first image in Sherlock’s drug induced Victorian case solving mind palace simulation John’s eyes
• Why was Sherlock so angry at a woman being in his sitting room
• Why did he refer to himself as John’s 'unsavoury companion of dubious morals’
• Why did he play John and 'Mary’’s waltz in his violin while they argued
• Why did Molly call Sherlock John’s daddy
• Why did he talk to John when John had moved out of Baker Street months ago
• Why did the maid point out the problems in John and 'Mary’’s marriage
• Why did Sherlock say that he and John were 'together’ in sign language
• Why did John say 'two old friends chewing the fat… Man to man’ so awkwardly
• Why did Sherlock say that the fairer sex was John’s department
• Why did mind palace!John question Sherlock about his sexual experience
• Why did he show jealousy of Irene Adler
• Why did he ask him why Sherlock needs to be alone
• Why did Sherlock keep referring to ghosts and the ghosts of his past etc
• Why was mind palace!Moriarty so… sexual
• Why did Sherlock deliberately overdose before the tarmac
• Why was he reading the story of how they met on John’s blog
• Why did Mycroft say 'do you really think anyone’s believing you?’ After Sherlock said he was reading it because he’s 'so much cleverer’ through John’s eyes
• Why was real John and mind palace!John so angry at Sherlock about the drugs
• Why did he say that he’s 'happy to play the fool’ for Sherlock and 'make him look clever’
• Why did 'I thought that I was losing you. I thought perhaps we were neglecting each other’ 'well you were the one who moved out’ 'I was talking to Mary’ happen
• Why were phrases such as 'the heart of the conspiracy’ and 'they are right, and we are wrong’ and 'the women we have disparaged and ignored’ used
• Why did Sherlock say that John’s 'always right’
• Why did John save Sherlock from Moriarty at the Reichenbach Falls
• Why did Sherlock say that John is 'pretty damn smart’
• Why did Moriarty say 'why don’t you two just elope for god’s sake?’
• Why did 'actually, would you mind?’ 'Not at all’ happen straight after this
• Why did John kick Moriarty (Sherlock’s weakness) off the top of the waterfall
• Why did Sherlock throw his deerstalker (which represents his heterosexual public image) off the top of the waterfall
• Why did Sherlock look so happy falling this time
• Why did he smile so softly at John when he woke up
• Why did Victorian!Sherlock say 'perhaps such things could come to pass’
• Why did Victorian!Sherlock say that he’s 'a man out of his time’
Well I will approach this in two ways. ACD Canon quotes and BBC Sherlock quotes.
ACD Canon :
“It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but that you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it.”
“You have a grand gift for silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion.”
“I know, my dear Watson, that you share my love of all that is bizarre and outside the conventions and humdrum routine of daily life.”
“You’re not hurt, Watson? For God’s sake, say that you are not hurt!“ It was worth a wound – it was worth many wounds – to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.”
“I have never loved, Watson, but if I did and if the woman I loved had met such an end, I might act even as our lawless lion-hunter has done. Who knows?” – The Devil’s Foot. “By the Lord, it is as well for you. If you had killed Watson, you would not have got out of this room alive. Now, sir, what have you to say for yourself?” – The Three Garridebs.
“The relations between us in those latter days were peculiar. He was a man of habits, narrow and concentrated habits, and I had become one of them…..I was a whetstone for his mind. I stimulated him.
“I am lost without my Boswell.”
“…If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city…. ”
“You’ve got a boyfriend then? Which is fine by the way.” “I know it’s fine.”
“I am happy to play the fool. For you.”
“You, it’s always you John Watson. You keep me right.”
“I don’t mind.” “Anytime.”
“I’m glad no one saw that.” “What?” “You, ripping my clothes off in a darkened swimming pool. People might talk.”
“Take my hand.” “Now people will definitely talk.”
“You look sad, when you think he can’t see you.”
“I have a date” “that’s what I was suggesting”
“It(Sherlock Watson) could work.”
“You are a great boyfriend. Sherlock Holmes is a very lucky man…Don’t make me compete with Sherlock Holmes.”
“I’m his doctor.” “And only a fool argues with his doctor”
“The stuff you wanted to say but never did. Say it now” “No. I can't”
“There’s something I’ve always wanted to say but never have”
“You being all mysterious with your–cheekbones. And turning your coat collar up so you look cool.”
“I’d be lost without my blogger.”
“I was so alone. And I owe you so much.”
“But look how you care about John Watson. Your damsel in distress.”
There are many. But I have a tendency to forget quotes when someone asks for it. Feel free to add more.
It’s endlessly fascinating, isn’t it?” The noise of the city nearly drowned out her words as she turned up her collar against the wind, reaching for his outstretched hand.
“What is?” he asked, linking his fingers with hers. Her eyes followed the people crossing the road, latching onto passing cars every now and then, bottom lip caught between her teeth.
“I just can’t help wondering about all of these people.”
“About all of them?” Laughter laced his voice. It died when he saw the serious look on her face.
“All of them,” she confirmed solemnly, nodding, “every single one. Have you ever thought about how many different stories they have to tell? Look at that man over there-” she pulled her hand free to point at a man carrying a bouquet of flowers further down the street, “what if he just bought flowers for the love of his life, ready to surprise her? What if he takes them to his sick mother to cheer her up? Maybe he was having a bad day and bought them for himself? There are billions of people and they all have a favourite colour and a favourite song they sing along to in the shower. They all have a person that makes their heart beat faster and some of them wake up to an empty bed and wish they wouldn’t. Some of them have their life figured out at the age of sixteen, and others are in their forties and regret all the things they didn’t do when they were young. They worry and they argue and they love and they cry themselves to sleep. They’re all so separate, yet all so connected.” She paused, looking at him with her big round eyes.
“They all have their stories to tell. I sometimes wonder how many stories I’m part of. What impressions I left behind on someone else’s life. If they even remember meeting me.” He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she smiled and rested his forehead against hers.
“I don’t know about any of these other faceless people,” he said, “but I know about me. I have many stories to tell, but the ones with you in it are my favourite. You have not only left impressions on my life - you made my story ours.
Hi my name is Kaz Brekker and I have short ebony black hair in a gangster-looking undercut and dark brown eyes like bitter coffee and a lot of people tell me I look like Rami Malek (AN: if u don’t know who he is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a dangerous criminal but I look like an angry high schooler. I have a cane with a crow head on the end. I’m also a thief, and I work for a gang called The Dregs in Ketterdam where I don’t have to go to school (I’m seventeen). I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly black. I steal most of my clothes from an unsuspecting theater. For example today I was wearing a black coat with a turned up collar a dark gray waistcoat and a black shirt and black slacks and shoes. I was wearing a pair of black gloves especially designed for crime. I was walking outside The Barrel. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. Pekka Rollins stared at me. I put up my middle finger at him.
I get a lot of asks about this so here’s some tips for my fellow amis, on how to get that 1832 look.
1. TURN UP…the collar of your shirt. Whether it’s a cheap white button up from H&M or a fancy historically accurate one, make use of the collar and have it stick up, not fold down! Then apply cravat. It’s the key to getting that high-collar 19th century look you see in Pride and Prejudice. Can be done with any shirt. Just think popped collar 1800’s frat boy, not neatly folded over a tie.
2. Short waistcoats. The time called for waistcoats that were actually stupidly short - hence why you see everyone’s high waisted trousers. Long waistcoats that go down to your crotch can be cut and hemmed!
3. No cravat? No problem. Proper fancy cravats go for like $30 on Etsy and a lot of us don’t have that money. No issue! Thrift stores and charity shops usually have a cheap bin of scarves. Go cravat fishing! You can find anything from a pretty silk one to something you can cut up and modify.
4. Shake it up! You don’t have to look exactly like 2012 movie Joly or stage version Enjolras. You can mix and match. For my Enjolras cosplay I take influence from the 2012 movie, the West End AND throw in my own take from the book (sometimes a change up with a blue cravat really goes a long way!) - means you can get away with a little more!
5. Have fun. Honestly, none of it matters. It’s all for fun. Enjoy yourself and be kind to people, whether they’re in the very early stages of their cosplay or an old master at it. This goes for ANY cosplay.
(I have a lot of feelings about the fact that Captain Hook gave Snow and Charming safe passage aboard the Jolly Roger before Emma was born in 6x20 and they were all still under the singing enchantment at the time)
The princess was with child.
It hadn’t been obvious at first, her garments loose enough to conceal the swell of her belly beneath the folds of leather as snowy white as her famed complexion. He’d heard the tales, he knew them on sight from the moment they stepped into the tavern while he watched unseen from the shadows. Captain Hook had no time for anything but his vengeance, but he was an observant man and he noted the way she rested her hand on the babe within when the bargain was struck between them. He’d had an urge to hold a knife to her throat and demand the Dark One be delivered to him at once, deal be damned, their quarrel with the Evil Queen was none of his concern and he’d waited so long (too long) to skin himself a crocodile…but even he was not so far gone as to threaten a pregnant woman and risk her miscarrying on the deck of his ship.
There was blood enough on his hand already.
The moon was bright over the wine-dark sea and the stars were like the diamonds he’d spurned as payment. He held their course steady, sailing the Jolly through the treacherous waters that led to the queen’s castle. It was a journey of only one night, but the nights were long when his bed was empty and the space in his chest where his heart should be ached for what was lost so long (too long) ago. The refrain echoed on the wind as the song refused to fade, whatever enchantment had befallen the land followed them out to sea and with the crash of the waves on the hull he kept singing low under his breath, “Revenge, revenge, revenge is gonna be mine.”
She came up on deck, alone, her tall, blond prince still tucked away down below. The few crew still awake gave her a wide berth, Captain Hook had promised the princess safe passage, and safe passage was what she would get, she was in no danger from his men. Her long dark hair reminded him of another woman, another time, another life, when he’d loved and been loved, a man instead of a villain, Killian instead of Hook. When happiness had been his for the taking and the horizon was full of promise, new adventures waiting to be discovered.
“Until that croc destroyed my life and filled me with hate unabating,”
It roared in his ears so loud that it almost drowned out the sweet sound that had the rest of the men all turning to look, heads cocked and old memories making hard faces soft, for a moment.
Snow White was singing to her child.
A mother’s lullaby, a promise to “My darling daughter so fair, so beloved you are, with my smile and your father’s hair.”
Hook felt his shoulders hunch under the heavy leather, turning the collar up to his ears in a vain attempt to block it out. He had no time for this, no space for softness in a hard world when all that mattered was the destiny waiting for him just over the horizon.
“Revenge, revenge, revenge is gonna be mine.”
“And her name is the song in our hearts, the melody of the love that will always be true. With our daughter’s fate at stake.”
Their voices mixed on the wind as the sails snapped and the ship rode the waves, rising and falling like the music that continued to play across the stars.
He has to throw away an entire month’s worth of notes because he realized he was writing them on a legal pad.
He uses the phrase “I object!” in conversation and then stares into the mirror for five straight minutes until he whispers “who am I?”
He refers to the law school as “Hell” or “The Dark Place” or “The Dragon’s Lair.”
He refers to the dean of the law school as “Satan” or “The Dragon” or “The Destroyer of All That Is Good And Pure In This World.”
He doesn’t say “lawyer.” Instead, he says “the l word.”
Feuilly uses his law textbook against him much like one would use the Bible against a vampire.
Every time he touches his law textbook, he has to immediately wash his hands.
Whenever his friends need legal advice, he leaves anonymous notes, cut-out-letters ransom note style. Everyone knows that it’s him, but they don’t say anything. They don’t want to offend him by acknowledging the fact that he goes to law school.
“Do you want to grab dinner?” Dean asks hopefully.
His date with Castiel is going swimmingly and Dean doesn’t want the night to end just yet.
And neither does Cas if the way his eyes light up is any indication.
“Yeah, of course,” Cas says, shoving his hands into his coat’s pockets. “There’s this really great pizza place a few blocks down if you don’t mind making the trek.”
It wasfreezing, sure, but Dean didn’t want to say goodnight yet so he was going to brave the cold. Turning up his collar he says, “Come on, lead the way.”
“I swear it’s worth it,” Cas reassures him as they make their way down the street shivering. “You don’t have to order full pizzas. You can get individual slices so that way you can have more than one flavor.”
“How’d you find it?” Dean asks curiously. “I’ve clearly never been.”
“It was an accident, really.” Castiel runs a hand through his hair and Dean’s heart skips a beat. “I was going to my brother’s bakery and I could smell the pizza from out on the street.”
“You’re a big fan of pizza, aren’t you?” Dean teases, nudging Cas with his elbow.
“It’s good pizza!” Cas exclaims, smile big and gummy, and seriously, Dean’s heart is about to fucking give. “And, because of all the pizza ovens, the place is warm,” he says enticingly.
They turn a corner and, yeah, that’s definitely pizza that Dean can smell. He doesn’t realize that he’s literally sniffing until Cas smirks and says, “I told you so.”
Cas was right. The place smells like Heaven and is warm as Hell. As soon as they enter a girl with bright red hair shows up.
“Hey, Cas,” she greets him, nods a hello at Dean and turns back to Cas. “Your usual?”
“Yes, thank you, Anna,” Cas says to her before taking Dean’s hand and making his way to the serving counter. “There are millions of options.”
“And yet you have a usual,” Dean says absently, more focused on the, seemingly, millions of options. “Man, this is going to be like choosing between Star Wars and Star Trek.”
“You can come back for different flavors,” Cas repeats. “I’ll go catch us a table, yeah?”
Dean hums in acknowledgment even though he’d rather be holding Cas’ hand. After scanning his options one last time, Dean picks a slice of plain old pepperoni and makes his way to where Cas is.
He sits down just as Anna plops Cas’ pizza in front of him and-
“Dude, no!” Dean exclaims.
“What.” Cas pauses, pizza halfway to his mouth.
“There is pineapple on your pizza.”
Cas rolls his eyes. “I am prepared to argue about this till the end of time itself.”
“So am I,” Dean says, just as determinedly. “What kinda life choices man…”
“Pineapples have tons of health benefits,” Cas tells him.
“You’re eating pizza!” Dean counters. “I’m pretty sure anybody eating pizza isn’t really thinking about their health.”
“Well, I don’t see the problem,” Castiel asserted. “It’s sweet and savory at the same time.”
“Why would you pay extra for people to put that monstrosity on such deliciousness?” Dean asks, sounding genuinely worried about Cas’ logic.
“Ugh, Dean, what-” Castiel starts indignantly before a glass of soda is placed in front of him.
“Don’t you two fight like an old married couple?” Anna says.
“This is our first date, actually,” Dean tells her feeling a smile making his way onto his face. He really likes Cas.
“Couldn’t have guessed myself,” Anna smirks, walking away.
Turning to Cas, Dean holds out his hand, sighing. “Truce?”
Cas stares at him for a moment before leaning over the table and kissing him. Dean’s a hundred and ten percent sure his heart is going to combust because, oh my god, he’s kissing Cas. He doesn’t even mind the awkward angle or the fact that he can taste the pineapple Cas has been eating.
Cas pulls away and smiles down at his lap before looking up at Dean. “Truce.”
“Just remember that every time you put pineapple on a pizza an Italian dies.”
Summary: The reader tries to move on after but there are obstacles.
Warnings: Some fluff, some angst, some humor, lots of swearing
all love stories have a happy ending.
there’s nothing wrong with that.
two people can love each other completely, and still break up. It’s not that it ended, it’s that it ran its
loved him completely, and always would. But the story of you two together, sweaty and
tangled in bed sheets, desperately reaching for each other after a hunt, curled
up in front of the TV, that story was over.
there was only friendship. And it was
okay, you promised yourself.
noir albert voice: [turns up trench collar against the rain] i knew the broad the boss wanted me to go see. a dame from our philadelphia days. she was a cross between a saint and a cabaret singer, the kind of dame that was just as likely to blow you a kiss as pour you a drink, which i assume is supposed to be alluring if you’re into dames, but newsflash: i’m not, so stop fucking asking me. she was the kind of broad that had legs long enough to–i don’t know, reach the floor? fuck this shit, gordon you owe me so much for this one and i hope you spill your bordeaux all over your suit god FUCK gene kelly you MOTHERFUCKER
I don’t chase people anymore,” she said, turning up the collar of her jacket against the freezing cold, “either they want to stay or they don’t.” He handed her a cup of coffee, gently brushing her fingers, so lightly it might as well have been an accident.
“Sometimes you have to chase people for a while, just to make sure they know how you feel about them,” he replied. She rolled her eyes, taking a sip of hot coffee and burning her tongue. “That’s just stupid.”
A knowing smile formed on his lips as he watched her. “See, there are a lot of people like you,” his smile widened while her face transformed into a scowl, “people who are always on the run and unaware of what others might feel for them. Unaware that they make someone else’s heart race, that they make their days brighter and their worries seem pointless. It’s people like you that I need to chase because you’re always too far gone before I can hold on to you, and quite frankly, I’m tired of chasing, too.
Noticed this picture in the new Burberry ad on Tumblr. Probably not ARG related and someone probably already pointed it out by now, but the picture immediately screamed Sherlock to me. The turned up black coat collar, the dark curls, even the nose and eyes are similar to Sherlock’s. V suspicious to me, especially since it’s a company based in London. Could be that we’re getting “played for an ad campaign” again like viva.la (I see you, Moftiss.)
Tagging some people because I’m not capable enough to decipher what is ARG and what is not: