Time seriously flies and before we all know it, we are already into the 2nd month of 2014! Hope that January has been a great month for you, if not, don’t worry! You still have so many more months to make a difference <:
What better way to celebrate February, the month of love, than with an awesome yoga challenge to help you rediscover the many facets of love? Familial love, platonic love, self-love, and romantic love all bundled into one yoga challenge!
And this time, the tumblr yogis are going to come together and have one kick-ass month of February on our yoga mats <:
This month we are having four times the usual yoga fun with all four of us hosting February’s yoga challenge! We will take turns and host the challenge each week, with our favourite yoga poses, and we will spend the month appreciating every single thing we love in life!
The interesting and different thing about #lovingyogis is not just that 4 tumblr yogis are coming together to host a challenge together. But also, we will be exploring different anatomy through each week, making sure that we work our whole body and include strength, balance and flexibility into this month’s challenge.
Here is the list of poses we will be attempting this month:
Week 1 (hosted by Ola) - 1st Feb to 7th Feb
- (Standing pose) Mountain pose
- (Backbend) Wild thing pose
- (Twist) Revolved seated forward fold
- (Arm balance) Firefly pose
- (Hip opener) Garland pose
- (Inversion) Turned headstand pose
- (Seated/ core pose) Baby grasshopper pose
Week 2 (hosted by Angie) - 8th Feb to 14th Feb
- (Standing pose) Dancer’s pose/king dancer’s pose,
- (Backbend) Half frog pose
- (Twist) Reclining twist
- (Arm balance) Peacock pose with lotus legs
- (Hip opener) Pigeon pose/king pigeon pose
- (Inversion) Tripod headstand with stag legs
- (Seated/ core pose) Tortoise pose
Week 3 (hosted by Stephanie) - 15th Feb to 21st Feb
- (Standing pose) Sugar cane pose
- (Backbend) Bridge pose
- (Twist) Reverse triangle pose
- (Arm balance) Crow pose
- (Hip opener) Bound angle pose
- (Inversion) Plow pose
- (Seated/ core pose) Forearm Plank
Week 4 (hosted by Rae) - 22nd Feb to 28th Feb
- (Standing pose) Warrior III
- (Backbend) Crescent lunge variation
- (Twist) Revolved chair pose
- (Arm balance) Elephant pose
- (Hip opener) Cow face pose
- (Inversion) Pincha mayurasana variation/ Dolphin pose
- (Seated/ core pose) Lotus pose
Here is what you need to do:
- Post your photo of the day on tumblr and tag it with #lovingyogis. All 4 of us will be tracking the tag and liking/commenting/reblogging them! <: (Optional) You can also tag all 4 of us (#tothemarathonandback, #sassyyogi, #darkhairedyogini, #bendyrae) in your posts too!
- In every day of your posts, write one thing that you love! It can be something about yourself, someone you love, or your favourite hobby; literally anything! Bonus brownie points for those who get their loved ones into this yoga challenge as well! <:
- Remember, have fun, smile, and enjoy your time on the mat! We will be introducing tons of variations into the challenge especially for the more challenging poses, so please do not force your body into a certain pose if you do not feel ready.
- It’s yoga practice, not yoga perfect! Don’t get discouraged if you have trouble with the pose of the day, message any one of us and we will be more than happy to help you!
Enjoy this month’s challenge, and I am so excited to do this with all the 3 other lovely yoginis! <: Can’t wait to see all of your posts! Namaste <3