Pictures of the latest upgrade to the T-90, the T-90M. Essentially the same as the proposed T-90MS upgrade from 2011. Upgrades to the base T-90 include
- New composite armor and Relikt ERA for both the turret and side-skirts.
- Automatic smoke-dischargers for when illuminated by laser.
- New welded turret.
- New 125-mm high-accuracy smoothbore gun, with longer range.
- New Kalina fire-control system and updated observation and aiming optics, with a claimed improvement in accuracy of 15-20%.
- New V-92S2F turbocharged diesel developing 1130 bhp.
- New automatic transmission offering 7 forward and 1 reverse gear.
- Improved suspension and drivetrain
- Auxiliary power unit.