9 incredible things to do around in Kota Kinabalu for an extraordinary vacation
On the lookout for some of Kota Kinabalu’s top must-see/do adventures? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s not one, not two, but nine incredible activities, ranging from heart-stopping adventure sports, to heritage trails and amazing natural sights you simply can’t afford to miss!
1. White water rafting down the scenic Kiulu River
Get your adrenaline pumping as you paddle through spectacular countryside vistas and lush verdant rice fields!
2. Meet the world’s smallest bears at the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
Learn more about these pint-sized panda-lookalike teddies and what you can do to protect their habitat.
3. Get your insta-worthy shot at the Kota Kinabalu City Mosque
Photo: Eugene Lim
Deemed the ‘floating mosque’, explore the structure that sits on a man-made lagoon, which gives it the illusion of levitation.
4. Island hop through Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park
Most of the islands in the marine park features some of the best beaches and dive sites in Asia, all of which are just a short boat ride away from one another.
5. Take to the skies on a parasailing adventure in Manukan
Feel the sun and wind in your face with an exhilarating experience above the shimmering blue waters of Manukan and enjoy a cocktail on the pristine beach after.
6. Find your bearings at this ‘upside-down house’ in Tamparuli
Photo: shankar s.
Known as Rumah Terbalik (ring any bells?), you can now navigate your way through the topsy-turvy kampung house and its fairytale-like rooms.
7. Zipline from island to island on the Coral Flyer
What better way to fuel your excitement than riding a 235-metre long zipline from Sapi to Gaya Island?
8. Face your fear of heights at the Treetop Canopy Walk
At 43 metres high, the thrilling walkway offers stunning views of the forest. Just remember not to look down!
9. Sleep under a blanket of stars at the Tawau Hills Park
Romance it up with your partner under the starry sky at this popular astronomy site, where you can spot the Milky Way!