I was challenged by @millerflintstone to come up with a playlist of happy tunes. I’m going back in time a little bit. Call it Wayback Wednesday. I’m covering ten years here, 1986-1996. These are almost always mood-lifters. They are blindsiding, disarming, guaranteed to make me crank the radio and sing along favorites. Or if I’m stuck in the office, I chair dance. Or I just think happy thoughts and smile. Anyway, I can’t be sad when these songs are playing.
1. Every Little Kiss by Bruce Hornsby and the Range
2. Breakout by Swing Out Sister
3. Holding On by Steve Winwood
4. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven by Phil Collins
5. Groove Is In The Heart by Deee-Lite
6. American Music by Violent Femmes
7. The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite by R.E.M.
8. Cannonball by The Breeders
9. You & Eye by David Byrne
10. Honey White by Morphine
11. Underwater by Midnight Oil
Of course, there’s a playlist. Come on, get happy.
If anyone’s on Spotify, I’m currently putting together a list of songs that you heard on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, from Milkshake to Unbreak My Heart, because I don’t believe there’s a playlist for that yet.