Over at Code Switch, our pal Tanya Ballard Brown takes a look at a new book of essays by fans of FLOTUS:
Over the past eight years, Michelle Obama — a former attorney with degrees from Princeton and Harvard universities — has dealt with a lot of cheap (and often mean) shots lobbed in her direction. But while she has her detractors, this first black first lady is widely admired — and not just for her famously defined arms (they even have their own Tumblr).
So it’s not surprising that, in these last days of disco for the Obama administration, a few fans of the first lady would share their love for her in the just-released book, The Meaning of Michelle: 16 Writers on the Iconic First Lady and How Her Journey Inspires Our Own, a collection of essays edited by author Veronica Chambers.
Warnings/Tags: Human AU, Actor Gabriel, Florist Sam, Flower Language, Humor, Fluff
From this prompt from Styx_in_the_mud over on tumblr: Person A owns a flower shop and person B comes storming in one day, slaps 20 bucks on the counter and says “How do I passive-aggressively say fuck you in flower?”
This was amazing! I was instantly drawn in by the summary, and the writer did not disappoint! Love the fact that Sam is a florist and just immediately goes along with what Gabriel is requesting.And Gabriel clearly researching flower language to provide Sam with a gift of his own? Love it!! - Gisselle
Gabriel so would give someone passive aggressive flowers! I love this story quite a lot! Gabriel is so salty and Sam is just going with it. I also love how Sam didn’t know who Gabriel was. -Tyler
This fic is A+ excellent! I love Flower Shop AUs and this is a very unique twist on it. I love love love the ending- Lauren
Hi, so i really like making my own spells but i don’t feel very comfortable with saying loooong sentences and basically using a lot of words. So i often use One Word Spells.
Yes, the One Word Spells. They are more powerfull than you think. Rules are simple: say loud just one word.
This is how to do it:
1. Light a candle ( use colour that fits your intention or your fav ; )
2. Sit (on the floor, chair, whatever, just be close to the candle) and relax.I said: relax. It’s important. Really. Chill.
3. Think. Think about your intentions. Treat it like some kind of a prayer (?) Just think a lot about what you need right now, what is your intention. Don’t be afraid to talk a lot, it’s your own head, right?
4. Say it. Choose one word and ‘import’ all of your thoughts from
↑ in this few letters. Imagine this situation- your thoughts become 1 single word.
5. Leave the candle lighting for a moment. Stare in the flame, it’s cool, isn’t it? Now you can put it off. It’s over.