How to Download Songs Off of Tumblr
So say I’ve found a great song on Tumblr that I just can’t live without and need on my phone. Today our example is an MP3 of every time the name Hamilton is said in Hamilton the Musical because that’s the kind of quality content I want on my phone. I digress,
1. To start out, find your song:
2. Next, right click on the song and click on Inspect. (Use Google Chrome)
3. This will open up a tool bar along the bottom that developers use for stuff. What you want to do is click on the Network tab and then the button that says Media. If you don’t click on media you will get a whole bunch of other stuff that you don’t really need.
4. Next, play the song and it will pop up in the panel. Right click on it and click Open Link in New Tab.
5. This will take you to a new tab that is essentially the MP3 able to be played through your browser (Google Chrome). Right click around the song until you get a drop down list of commands and click Save As. Finally, enter what you want to save the file as. It will download and you can drag it into iTunes.
And voila, now I’m a proud owner of every time Hamilton is said in Hamilton the Musical. Pretty cool, huh? This is great for downloading weird edits that people do, another one I considered for the example was It’s Quiet Uptown Funk. :P