Mikorei Week 2017!
Hello everyone! I bring you the prompts for this year’s Mikoreiweek!
The overall theme will be Language of Flowers.
WHEN WILL MIKOREIWEEK START?
Mikoreiweek will be held on September 25 (that will be a Monday) up to October 1, 2017, but if you are busy, don’t worry, you can still submit on October 2 up to October 8! That will be the late submissions week.
WHAT CAN YOU SUBMIT?
1. You can submit fanfics, fanarts, playlists, edits, cosplay, comics, whatever you like, provided that the submissions are related to the theme(s) and revolves around our favourite pair, Mikorei.
2. You can submit any type of work provided that you put the necessary warnings. We don’t want anyone to get triggered all right? If it is an art or a comic that has dubious consent and the like, of course it is imperative that you have to make use of a text post so that the people who are uncomfortable with stuff like that can’t view the whole of your submission, and that the people that are fine with it can bask in the brilliance and the sin of your work.
1. Tag your work with mikoreiweek2017 with no space in between.
2. It is entirely up to you how you interpret each theme. Be as creative as you can be! Which means the setting of your work can be an AU or in canon verse. Reishi and Mikoto can be in a romantic relationship or can just be friends/rivals or whatever. You can twist each theme to suit your purpose. There’s no stopping you, so pull out those artistic juices.
3. The themes are the meaning or meanings of each flower featured on a day. If there are two meanings for a flower as specified, you can choose either or if you wish you can incorporate each meaning in your work.
That being said, the featured flower for a particular day need not be the focus of your submission, but if you wish, you can submit a work that gives it a slight amount of focus, or none at all. It can also be the sole focus of your submission. Like, if you wish to submit a fanart/edit you can create mikorei + the particular flower, that is acceptable.
- Day 1 - Monday, September 25
Tulip - Fascination.
- Day 2 - Tuesday, September 26
Amaryllis - Pride/timidity
- Day 3 - Wednesday, September 27
Jonquil - Love me/Desire
- Day 4: Thursday, September 28
Cyclamen - Resignation and goodbye
- Day 5 : Friday, September 29
Carnation - Bonds of affection/my heart aches for you
- Day 6: Saturday, September 30
Free Day - You can write whatever you wish to write.
- Day 7: Sunday, October 1 - Happy Birthday Reishi! This is the birthday prompt.
Violet (white) - Lets Take a chance on Happiness
If you have questions regarding the themes, or any other concern just please don’t hesitate to ask us. You can message the admins:
Of course special mention to @mikototsu-trash who’ll be helping us for this year’s mikoreiweek.