THE SIMS 4: AMAZON VERIFIED PURCHASE REVIEWS
So far, The Sims 4 has a disappointing 2.2 stars out of 5 on Amazon. When looking at only the reviews with the “Verified Purchase” tag that low rating still bears up. “Disappointed” “bamboozled” and “waste of money” is a common theme among the reviews.
Amazon is only one source of feedback, of course. The first impressions from around the community (from fans) have been fairly upbeat and positive I think – even with the disappointment over the missing features people have come to expect from a Sims base game.
We’re still waiting for The Sims 4 reviews from the gaming press due to EA’s decision not to give out the customary advance review copies. Some are offering preliminary feedback though:
- The Sims 4 on Metacritic –Metacritic
- The Sims 4 Review In Progress –IGN
- Sims 4 Real World: Recognizing your Joystiq in The Sims 4 (Livestream) –joystiq
- What’s new, what’s missing and what’s bizarre in The Sims 4 –Polygon
- Where Is Our Review Of The Sims 4? –GameInformer
- My First Few Hours With The Sims 4 –Kotaku
- The Sims 4 user impressions are not particularly positive –IncGamers