do you have any tips for starting/keeping a good studygram?
Hi, sorry for the late answer!
Well, I kind of do, or at least that’s what worked for me:
- be active - and when I say active, I mean active – from the beginning, post every day, maybe even several times a day, like other people’s posts regarding studying, write nice comments if you really like a post. After that, it’s okay to post every two or three days, sometimes even less, but you should sort of give people the reason to follow you from the start if you know what I mean? :D One warning though, don’t go down the “follow for follow” path and don’t beg people to promote you in their stories. That’s not nice, people don’t like it when you ask them for it. Also don’t like people’s posts just because you hope they’ll like yours back - be genuine!
- try to keep your feed coherent - use similar background color, the same filter or whatever – I personally adore it when people have nice looking feeds, and I believe others do too :’) try to be creative with yours so that people recognize your posts!
- stick to a theme - since you’re planning to make a studygram, your posts should be mainly about studying, planning, whatever. It’s okay if you throw a photo of something else here and there, but decide what your overall theme will be and stick to it (mine is for example journals, mainly my bullet journal, but I sometimes post my notes, movie journal, and desk space :))
- use hashtags - so that new people are able to find your posts! Try to tag your posts appropriately, if you post a pic of your notes, don’t tag it as #makeup, even though it’s a popular tag (it is, right? what do kids even do on instagram these days?! I feel old omg :’D)
- be nice to others, find friends - don’t be afraid to DM people :) answer their stories, compliment them, get involved in the community!
Well, that’s about all I have :) good luck with your studygram, hope this helped you at least a bit!