Summary:“Ohana means family. And family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” Everyone knows that Dan is a Lester and belongs on the family holiday–well, everyone except Dan himself. However, a beautiful seaside walk and a special surprise from Martyn and Cornelia may be just the ammunition he needs to change his mind.
Warnings: Like 2 swear words but that’s it
A/N: Because we all know there was some soppy convincing needed to get Dan to stay in Florida. Inspired by this ask over @nihilist-toothpaste. I hope you enjoy!!
Idk, this is just a summery fluffball of a Sterek getting-together drabble because I’m tired of winter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Derek fundamentally doesn’t understand people who like roller coasters.
He knows such people exist because he’s been standing in line with them for the Blazing Bombardier for half an hour now, but even when he’s looking right at them, it’s hard to believe. Seriously, why. The list of things to do on a Saturday afternoon that don’t involve screaming and trying not to hurl is literally infinite. He could be lounging around in his pjs in his dorm right now and rereading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, just for example. Or working out, or going for a drive to the beach, or watching a movie with Boyd and Erica. (Boyd and Erica are officially his favorite people right now because, unlike his sisters, they understand the basic concept that friends don’t make their friends who lose bets ride the most terrifying invention since clown costumes.)
The line moves forward, and oh god, now Derek can actually see the loading station. The seats are wicked-looking hanging harnesses painted to look like flames. He’s going to be sick before he even sits down in the thing.
•Jin: The second your tears started, he panicked. He was concerned for you. “(Y/n), talk to me. Why are you crying?” He grabbed onto your shoulders. “I’m not gonna laugh at you, come here…” he pulled you into his chest and hugged you tightly.
•Yoongi: At first he didn’t know what to do. You rarely cried and when you did it was because something really big happened. He felt really bad but he was really awkward in these situations. He sat there fidgeting with his phone before he gently pulled you into his chest and looked away from you. “Are… you ok?” He rubbed your back gently.
•Namjoon: He instantly felt like it was his fault. He would ask, “is it because I broke your makeup mirror?” But it only made it worse because you didn’t even know it was broken. He’d try to put on sunglasses and make funny faces to make you feel better, but he’d just break those too. He gave up and hugged onto your body to try calming you down.
•Hoseok: He’d feel really protective of you. He doesn’t like seeing his princess upset. “Baby…” He sat in front of your curled up body and grabbed onto your shoulders. “You’re too precious to cry. What’s wrong?” He’d make funny faces and weird sounds to make you laugh, which he was shortly successful in. “There she is, my gorgeous girl.”
•Jimin: He’d get really sad to see you like this and he himself would tear up. He would pinch your cheeks and gently play with them to try and get you to smile. He’d start to tell you funny stories about him and his brother, and let you in on his deepest, darkest secrets. “I have a scar on my butt.”
“Show me” You gave him innocent eyes.
•Taehyung: He was generally a happy person, so to see others sad made him feel like he didn’t try hard enough to keep them happy. “Hey are you ok..?” He grabbed your shoulders and gave you a pout. “Don’t hide things from me, tell me what’s wrong so I can make it better.”He start to play with you hair and he let you cry into his chest.
•Jungkook: It was never easy for him to see you cry. He himself didn’t cry often, but somehow you always got him emotional. It would be hard for him to handle so he’d just hug you until you stopped crying before he’d ask what’s wrong. He didn’t want you to see him cry, because he knew it would make you even more emotional. So he hid his face in your hair.
And I can see him taking Yuri out on a date one day. Yuri thinks its just a fun, little, outing- they get lunch together, take a walk through the park– but then Viktor suggests shopping!
Yuri agrees because ‘window shopping is fun!’
He’s horrified by the prices of everything, in all the stores they stop in.
Yuri is so glad that they’re only window shopping, because who even has enough money to spend $500 on a bracelet.
Despite that, Viktor casually has Yuri point out things he likes. Viktor even has Yuri try on some clothes or jewelry “just for fun”.
Yuri does and the two of them have a good rest of the day messing around, trying out $2,000 sunglasses, $100 shirts, $200 shoes, etc.
The next day, Yuri wakes up to his room, full of wrapped presents.
Hes confused and like wtf but Viktor pokes his head in the room when he hears Yuri stirring around and is like. “OPEN! Open everything! (^♡^)”
And Yuri does. And hes so shocked and surprised and taken aback because every gift he opens is one of the things he pointed out to Viktor yesterday. Viktor made sure he didn’t miss out on anything.
Yuri is literally brought to tears because Viktor just spent a FORTUNE on him. Yuri insists Viktor bring it back to the stores because its way too much money.
Viktor laughs gently and holds his crying boyfriend, wiping his tears.
“But aren’t you happy, Yuri?”
“I am but–”
And Viktor kisses Yuri’s lips gently.
“Then that’s all that matters. There’s no price to your happiness ♡”
And Yuri just is so appreciative and happy and feeling so spoiled.
Viktor is just cuddling him and cooing sweet nothings.
This idea is soooo cute! For a general scenario: In each respective RFA member- MC is dating them! I thought it would be cuter that way!( ´ ▽ ` )
You guys can imagine wherever they’re going to! I left it up to yall!
- At first, he isn’t happy at all. Sure, all of you are going to go somewhere fun! Explore a new place!
-…But in Jumin’s car.
- The jerk wouldn’t even let him drive at first! He had to get it through to him that it would defeat the whole purpose of a road trip if he didn’t get to drive!
- Seven also didn’t help with the ‘I welcome death’ jokes he was spouting when he was trying to ‘support’ Zen driving.
- But after a few arguments, MC and Jaehee even popping in once or twice, Jumin finally agreed to let Zen drive
- Seven tried hijacking the radio, but Zen already filled it with CD’s he burned himself, some sort of mixmash of cheesy songs for him to play for you (ignoring the rest of the people in the car), songs from musicals he had preformed in, and his taste in music
- It…Was a very weird set of CD’s. He tried making a good playlist…He tried.
- Otherwise, the road trip goes pretty well. There’s lots of pitstops thanks to Yoosung and Seven, but Zen just uses the chance to take selfies with you and update his insta.
- (There was an argument, however, when he realized Jumin had donned on a set of noise canceling headphones somewhere along the trip)
- He is so confused when you want to take a long road trip with the RFA, let alone with you driving. It takes a lot of convincing, because he doesn’t see why all of you can’t just get on a plane, but eventually with your pleading eyes you get him to agree to it.
- The car is way too fancy, but Seven and Yoosung love it. Zen complains a bit, talking about how he doesn’t want to ride in something so damn expensive, but the others finally get him to shush and enjoy it a bit.
- Jumin sits beside you, a bit anxious the whole time. He trusts your driving, he does! He just doesn’t trust the other drivers. He’s holding your knee for a while, until you get out of the city and on the highway
- And soon, he’s fallen asleep completely. He usually sleeps on the plane and such for business trips! He felt so relaxed, hearing you hum along with the CD’s you brought, he just slipped into sleep.
- It’s really cute, later on, when you wake him up for a pitstop and he’s wildly confused for a moment, before remembering the road trip. Zen’s the one that snaps him to reality pretty quickly about that
- But enjoy trying to get him to try fast food/diner foods. It’s going to take a group effort to get him to eat that.
- Jaehee is probably the most prepped. She tries to drive the whole time, but you often have to interfere so she can get some rest.
- She definitely took Jumin up on the offer of a van from him, because she didn’t want to risk her own car having issues after a long trip
- She actually packed some healthy snacks for everyone, but unfortunately no one but the two of you gets control over the radio. Which usually means mainly music from plays/musicals Zen has starred in (Who also belts out the songs much to Jaehee’s amusement)
- For Seven she forces a strict No Weird Pranks rule. No pranking the others, no goading the others to fight- He has to be on his best behavior or else he’s getting no soda or chips
-The only one who knows how to read maps if the GPS gets you guys lost
- If Jumin complains about Zen, or the places she chooses to eat at (or her lunches she packed), she gives him a very long glare and he slowly shuts up
- She tries to hold hands with you at times, but Seven coos at the both of you and she gets so embarrassed
-Actually enjoys the trip, but suggests next time it just try to be the both of you (and maybe Zen) instead of the rest.
-Next to Jaehee, he is the most prepped. He’s got lunches planned (Not a wide variety but he is trying), some sunscreen and sunglasses, bandaids,
even a blanket and pillow incase anyone wants to nap!
- He doesn’t have a wide selection of music, so he just opted for everyone to bring in a CD of their own to listen to!
- Thankfully, he doesn’t have to borrow a car from Jumin- His parents were kind enough to let him borrow the family van, as long as he was careful and fulled it up when he was done! (And if he called his mom every day for a few weeks)
- He drives decently, but sometimes simple road rules get him a bit flustered, so you gently have to remind him that he desperately needs to turn his turn signal on when switching lanes and such
- He really likes driving, and going to rest stops and getting stuff from vending machines, but sometimes he wants to catch a small nap or just rest, so the two of you switch sometimes
- He really likes trying to hold your hand, but sometimes he gets too flustered, so its rare, but when he does he always gets such cute dorky smile on his face
- You do have to keep an eye on Seven. Sometimes he starts trying to get Zen and Jumin to fight, or trick Yoosung, so you may have to threaten no soda if he tries to do too much!
- Seven, wildly enough, is the only one prepared for the whole thing. Well, in the ‘right’ way.
- He’s got loads of snacks, drinks, tunes, and the all windows rolled down (until both Zen and Jumin complain)
- His CD’s are a mixture of popular, weird, and calm songs. Stuff that everyone can try to enjoy! Well, maybe not Jumin, but he’s a bit interested in what people are listening to nowadays
- He belts out the songs as he drives down in a car Jumin supplied to fit all of them, his hand tangled with yours, sometimes giving you a big cheesy smile when it’s a silly love song that comes on.
- Only eats at places that serve Dr. Pepper, though. Him and Yoosung are so excited to eat out at fast food places, or good pizza places, and the rest of the group S u f f e r s.
- He does try to trick/prank the others sometimes: Pretending the car is messing up, that someone is tailing them- a lot of silly things until everyone starts complaining
-If Jumin and Zen argue, he jerks the car a bit to get them to hush (and for his own amusement)
-Sometimes, late at night when everyone but the two of you are asleep, he pulls over and wants to step outside and look at the stars with you
I’d like to think they’d all get along well, even Jumin and Zen a bit (only bickering about small things, like Zens constant selfies or Jumin’s complaints about the music), and overall they’d have small conversation and laugh a bit, and enjoy wherever they were driving to! More Rfa road trips in the future!!!
part of the reason i really love fic/headcanons where the whole main fake ah crew is living in geoff’s penthouse is because it means there’s absolutely no way people aren’t walking in on each other doing weird shit
and i don’t mean “lol someone caught someone else jacking it or banging” (even though i’m sure there’s plenty of that, let’s be real, nobody uses the sock method and even if they did, no one would pay attention to it), or even “dear god someone caught ryan brutally murdering some poor guy” (even though i’m sure there’s plenty of that, too)
i mean weird shit that’s like, the normal kind of weird shit. the shit you do when you’re home alone and confident that nobody’s gonna walk in and see you in your underwear singing into a wooden spoon
jack gets halfway through furiously rapping nicki minaj’s verse from monster before turning around and noticing gavin standing, thrown off and a little impressed, in the doorway (and doesn’t stop, real talk, when you’re on a roll you gotta take it home)
ray walks in on ryan weeping openly at ‘all dogs go to heaven 2′
ryan catches geoff, drunk off his ass, ordering seven hundred dildos online (”it’s for a prank, haywood!” geoff hollers after ryan, who’s never left geoff’s place so quickly in his life. “it’s for a prank!”)
michael catches the tail end of gavin narrating apparently everything he’s doing, including pissing, like he’s david attenborough
jack walks out onto one of the balconies to see ray, stoned as fuck and wearing three pairs of sunglasses, trying to shoot the actual sun with his sniper rifle
(bonus: ray hears weird squeaking noises from one of the rooms and walks in to see ryan futilely trying to work a leather catsuit off of himself
“it’s not what it looks like.”
“it looks like you’re stuck in a leather catsuit.”
“…okay, it’s exactly what it looks like, but if you tell anyone, i swear to god the police will never find your body— ray, stop laughing at me. stop it.”)
Kat said today at the Chicago con that her favorite Bamon scene was them in the supermarket trying on the sunglasses because it was improvised. LOL. I love that. And I love it even more because they made sure to put them in Bonnie's drawer in the last scene shot of her as well as the shopping list they probably used every shopping trip. Isn't that cute?
Awwww OMG yes, that’s so cute!!
Here they are in the drawer, for anyone who missed it:
“Holy shit, there’s a giant hairdryer in the pool,” Darcy exclaims. She drags her headphones off, wincing at the strands of her hair that go with it.
The hairdryer is yellow and red, a few shades off from Natasha’s hair color–this week anyway. It might not be a hairdryer–they didn’t normally come without a cord–but it definitely isn’t a car. And definitely, definitely isn’t real.
“Okay, Darcy, it’s fine, just chill out. It’s just an illusion. Bad energy from Ian. Totally not real,” she says to herself. Ian wasn’t evil, not like that neo-nazi Spencer working at the Vape Lounge by Curl Up & Dye who kept asking her tits out. But he was a controlling douche-nozzle who was too busy boinking everyone but her to go on a third date. Gaslighting walnut. “Right, positive thinking, D. The hairdryer isn’t there and you can jump in and swim right through it.”
She drops her phone and headphones onto the lounger and dives into the pool head-first. It’s not her best decision.
The hairdryer is very, very, real and very solid. Just like the lump on her head.
“Oh my gawd,” Darcy screeches, scrambling back from the blue furry thing hovering over her. “This is not happening. Is it?”
“Ziz zit,” says the blue alien.
“Sizzz it,” echo two more furry figures, one red with a shiny yellow arm, the other Big Bird yellow.
“Oh gawd, it is. I’m on a spaceship. I’ve been abducted by Teletubbies. This is all banana-balls. I mean, why would you wanna abduct me? My roommate Jane maybe, she’s like super smart, or Helen down the block, who’s, like, just as smart. And me, I’m just a manicurist with an awesome music collection. Oh gawd, you’re gonna probe me aren’t you? I’m super not into furries, so, like, yanno, your kink is not my kink?”
“Miii ink-k,” says blue.
“My kink-k,” says the yellow alien.
“Kink-ee,” says red.
“Wow, you learn quick. Yeah, I just wanna go home and not be in a magazine next to an article about the Jersey Devil and Bat Boy having brunch with Elvis,” Darcy says backing up slowly. “Wait, are we still in my pool?”
“Okay you guys, what’s the plan for tonight?” Natasha asks as she twists a lock of her red hair around her finger.
“Whoa, Natasha, reality check. We can’t go out with these guys, they’re aliens!” Darcy protests.
“So? They can still be dates,” Nat says. The corner of her mouth turns up as she eyes the three alien men standing for them. “You should know that, after all, it was your roommate that ran off and married one.”
“Thor is not a space alien! He’s from Ikea? No, Iceland, ugh, I don’t know. Anyways, there’s a difference between illegal aliens and the outer space kind!”
“But look at them, Darcy. They’re hot.”
“So, hot,” Darcy agrees. Sta-eeev turns his head towards her, eyebrows arching up on his fur free face. Embarrassment heats Darcy’s face and she jerks her eyes over to where Zam and B-uk-ee are trying on sunglasses from Natasha’s vast collection.
“Come on it’ll be fun,” Natasha says. A predatory smirk works its way across her face. “Not-So-Little-Boy-Blue for you…and I’ll take Sam-”
“Zam,” Zam says across the room.
“…and the one with the metal arm too,” Nat says, a smile sharp as her best hair scissors lighting up her face.
Here is a list of reasons not to kill yourself. There are no guilt trips like ‘for your family’ etc. These are reasons you should stay alive because you will never experience them if you are not alive.
68 Reasons to not kill yourself:
1. new albums
2. your pets will miss you
3. starry nights
4. staying in bed when it’s cold
5. trying on stupid sunglasses
6. good coffee
7. shitty coffee
8. skinny dipping
9. watching a sunrise
10. watching a sunset
11. skyping at midnight
12. tree houses
14. night swimming
15. walks in the rain
17. long drives to nowhere
18. hotel rooms
19. putting on new contacts
20. taking a bra off
21. warped tour
23. reading a good book the first time
24. reading a good book the thirty second time
26. putting your favorite outfit on
27. bubble baths
28. long showers
29. singing along to songs
30. singing badly
31. looking at art
32. going to the beach
33. telling someone you love them the first time
34. telling someone you love them the 100th time
36. going inside when it’s hot out
37. going inside when it’s cold out
38. Sitting on a rooftop
40. petting animals
41. good hair days
45. good pens
46. being held
47. holding someone
48. seeing your favorite band
49. meeting your idol
50. good movies
51. stupid movies
52. watching your favorite show
53. buying that thing you always wanted
54. taking pictures
58. being nice to strangers
59 giving compliments
60. getting compliments
62. looking at clouds
63. new shoes
65. going to the zoo
67. falling in love
68. proving yourself and others wrong
“Great, ten past twelve at Euston station. All I wanted when the train we were booked on left exactly one minute ago,” Eden looked at her companion, blame written all over her face.
“Shower,” he reminded her.
“Look,” Harry began to walk to find the ticket office. “We’ll ask to see if we can just exchange them for the next train and if not then we just pay up and live off beans on toast when we come back after New Year, not like we haven’t struggled before.”