hi!! so i need your help, i hope that's okay! i have a pretty short drive to make every day when i go to college/town (around ~20min) but i don't know many podcasts that last long enough but not too long >> do you by any chance know of any podcasts that fit that requirement? in terms of genre i like fictional stories (any genre rly), urban legends type stuff (like Lore for instance) or "advice" shows!! thanks in advance <3
Hey there! This actually reminds me of a ‘perfect for car-rides’ podcast list that I’ve been thinking about curating last December, but alas. Perhaps this could serve as a draft of sorts? Anyhow, this list will contain non-fiction and fiction. As for advice shows, that would be more of Liz’s @collected-sports-bra alley.
- Just One Thing - I think you’d love this one. It’s like a shorter, scifi/pseudoscience version of Lore and clocks around 15 minutes per episode. Unfortunately, there are only 12 episodes out right now.
- Qwerpline - Reports on the fictional city of Nsburg. As I’ve said before, one of the most hilarious things I’ve heard in my life. Episodes are around 10-15 minutes each.
- The Truth - This one is an anthology of some of the best short fiction I’ve heard. Some episodes are longer than others, although there are plenty under 20 minutes. I wrote a review here. May I recommend That’s Democracy?
Some more fictional podcasts that need to be listened to in order but are mostly under 20 minutes:
- Our Fair City - I consider this a podcast classic. A post-apocalyptic satire about capitalism. Currently at its seventh and penultimate season.
- The Bright Sessions - About kids with superpowers, and their therapist. It has lately been clocking at more than 20 minutes in its second season, however.
- Spines - Horror, about a ritual gone wrong. Currently on a break between the first and second seasons.
As usual, everyone’s welcome to add more.