we’re having a heatwave !! which is lovely because i love hot weather, but im bad at temperature adjustment and regulation which can be bad. i also know that lots of other autistics find hot weather sensory hell, so here r a few things that i find help:
- you dont Have to be in the sun all day. lots of people will say stuff tht makes u feel guilty about “wasting the good weather”, but they dont know how it affects u personally, so do whats best for u. if u wanna stay inside all day or never leave the shade, do it!! its better to b comfortable than anything else
- this goes doubly if u live in a place where u actually get aircon in non commercial buildings
- wear as few clothes as possible. sounds obvious, but youd be surprised at how much difference not having even one layer makes. if youre self conscious abt ur body, invest in some mesh or sheer clothing - its stylish, v thin and light, and will obscure ur form
- if u r wearing clothes, wet them !! this helps So Much its my fav tip. wetting a hat or pouring water down ur shirt cools u down a load, and can help u stay cool until it all evaporates. last year i managed to be the only one to mostly avoid heatstroke when hiking by doing this. having wet trousers/shorts is sensory hell for me, so i stick to just my shirt. if u cant cope w that, keep a damp cloth on u and put it on ur skin whenever u can
- drink A Lot. if ur thirsty, ur probably already dehydrated. dehydration can lead to feeling sick, headachy, and exasperates sensory issues (i usually burn out twice as often if im dehydrated). to avoid this, drink lots of water.
do u hate drinking water? yeah, me too. keeping a bottle full on u is good because its just There so u end up drinking it because its smth to do. alternately, drink lots of juice/iced tea/soda (fizzy drinks dehydrate u a bit, but theyre better than nothing!)
if u wanna rehydrate quickly, sports drinks r the way to go bc they replace electrolytes (cheap alternative: dissolve salt n sugar into water)
- crunch on ice !! it cools u down, it hydrates u, and u can Lov The Cronch
- dont get burnt: it leads to sunburn which is Sensory Hell, can give u heat stroke, and long term skin damage. do u hate sun cream? Me Too, but its better than sunburn. instead of the gross lotiony suncreams, u can get oil based ones (p20 is the brand here, idk if its international) which tend to b more expensive, but last a full 24hrs, feel non gloopy, and dont smell as strong
- sleep w just a bed sheet as covers bc its much cooler, but u still have the feeling of smth covering u
- ur feet r the most important for temp regulation , so keep them cool most importantly
- cold showers r great but also painful so a softer alternative is room temp showers bc theyll still cool u down without freezing ur various body parts off
- mope on the floor like 24/7 it doesnt exactly cool u down but it doesnt use much energy n its perfect for that summery sluggishness. fav activity 10/10 would recommend
Draco grunted as he fumbled with the collar of his dress shirt. His face was contorted in distaste as he felt little beads of sweat running down his neck. Ugh, disgusting! Potter had already pointed out that it was far too hot outside to be wearing a dress shirt, but Draco refused to wear the kind of sordid clothes Potter seemed to love so much. It suited him, of course, but Draco had a reputation to uphold.
That was a bit of a stupid reason, even Draco had to admit it, seeing as they were out and about in Muggle London, but Draco, unlike Potter, had class.
Them being friends was still very new to him and definitely needed some getting used to. Potter seemed already comfortable around Draco, always blabbering on about this and that, bumping Draco’s arm with his elbow, grinning at him mischievously…
Blaise had remarked that it very much seemed like he and Potter were dating, but that was just ridiculous. They had just met for coffee a few times, had gone to the movies (Potter’s idea of course and Draco was still a bit traumatised) and had gone for a few walks, like now. Yes, Draco had been a little surprised earlier when Potter had asked him if he wanted to come back to his place later for dinner, but that wasn’t out of the ordinary, was it? Friends did that… right?
As they continued walking down the street, Draco peered sideways and saw that Potter’s face was rather flushed and there were little beads of sweat running down his neck, too.
“Maybe we should have stayed inside today,” Potter wheezed. “I honestly don’t understand how you haven’t fainted yet.” He gazed at Draco’s shirt and his cloth trousers in discomfort.
“Well,” Draco began, eyeing Potter’s burgundy T-shirt and his short trouser, which reached to his knees, “I was taught elegance is a virtue, as well as endurance. Clearly, a concept which seems to be lost on you.” He let his eyes wander over Potter’s body and gave him an appraising look when their eyes met again. Potter seemed to stifle a giggle.
“What?” Draco snapped.
“Endurance,” Potter snorted. “Alright then.” He flashed Draco a toothy grin. Draco had no idea what was so funny about that, but didn’t get the chance to ask. Potter’s eyes had focused on something on the other side of the street. Draco turned around, but had no idea what had caught Potter’s attention.
“Wait here,” Potter told him and and sprinted off. Draco crossed his arms over his chest, huffing. What was Potter up to? And how dare he make Draco wait alone in the middle of the street like this?
Draco tapped his foot impatiently as the minutes passed by. When Potter finally came into view again, Draco saw that he was holding… two ice lollies?
“Here,” Potter said enthusiastically, holding one out to Draco. He gave it a quick glance and made a face.
“No thank you,” he grunted.
“I don’t like ice cream,” Draco shrugged. Potter’s eyes widened at that.
“What? How can you not like ice cream?” He sounded genuinely baffled.
“I just don’t.”
Potter kept staring at him, the incomprehension at Draco’s revelation clearly visible on his face.
“You’re dripping,” Draco noted with a raised eyebrow.
“What? Oh!” Only now did Potter seem to notice that the ice lollies were melting quickly, dripping all over his hands. He lifted one hand to his mouth and dragged his tongue over his knuckles slowly. Mesmerised, Draco watched as Potter did the same thing to his other hand.
“You sure you don’t want it?” Potter asked, oblivious to Draco’s sudden inner turmoil. Not trusting his voice at this moment, he just waved a dismissive hand in the air. Potter shrugged and lifted one of the ice lollies to his mouth.
Draco almost choked as Potter’s lips closed around the ice lollie. He pushed it deeper into his mouth and started sucking. Draco had to control himself not to clutch his chest in surprise. He winced when Potter made a slurping noise.
“You know,” Potter said happily, “I had my first ice lolly when I was ten years old. I really like them.”
Draco had trouble concentrating on what Potter was saying, but still, a frown formed on his face.
“You hadn’t had ice cream before that?”
Potter shook his head and looked at the two ice lollies in his hands. They were both dripping like mad. He lifted one to his mouth again and licked it, painfully slow, from the bottom up, before sticking it in his mouth again. This time, he twirled it around, before releasing it again with a little ‘pop’.
Draco was sure he was about to faint. The heat wasn’t exactly helping, either.
“Potter,” he spluttered. He stepped forward and gazed at his mouth intently. “Ugh, you really are an imbecile, aren’t you?”
Potter’s mouth and his chin were smeared with the remnants of the ice lolly. Draco reached out and stroked the corner of Potter’s mouth with his thumb. He saw Potter’s adam’s apple bob as he swallowed.
“It’s sticky,” Draco muttered. He wasn’t really aware that he was leaning down, until his tongue made contact with Potter’s skin. Surprised by his own boldness, he quickly stepped back.
“I don’t know why I did that.”
Potter was flushed and he looked like he was trying to decide something.
“Sod that,” he suddenly muttered and let go of the two ice lollies. Before they hit the ground, Potter had his arms around Draco’s neck and their lips pressed together. Draco made a startled sound when Potter’s tongue pushed into his mouth. He tasted like artificial oranges. Yuck! But the things Potter apparently could do with that tongue…
“Let’s go back to my place,” Potter panted after a few moments. “Oh, but first, let me go back to that store real quick.”
“Because,” Potter said with one of his mischievous grins, “I want more ice cream.” He dropped his voice to a low, seductive whisper. “I want creamy, rich chocolate ice cream.” Draco shuddered at the way Potter was looking at him. “And I plan to lick it off your chest and out of your navel.”
This time, Draco really did choke. He recovered rather quickly, however, and grabbed Potter’s hand.
The man he sees across the room fits in too perfectly; lean body in a royal blue Isaia suit that’s tailored to aching perfection, the inseam of the trouser cut short to reveal a scandalous sliver of bare ankle, and a white band collar shirt instead of a traditional button down to accentuate his long neck. The man is quintessential classics with the precise amount of unorthodox edge to suggest he is a man who is always on the precipice of something.
He watches the man run his fingers through his silver hair like lavish strands of spiders’ silk. The man screams expensive. How many millions of dollars would you be holding in your hands if you had this man underneath you?
He must be brave. There’s no time to waste. He steps across the ballroom and into the man’s social circle with his chest out like he belongs there.
“Katsuji Yuuta,” he introduces himself. “May I buy you a drink?”
“Vitaly Nikonov,” the man replies, smiling. “And I already have a drink. But you may keep me company.”
“What are they doing?” Yuri whispers a little too loud, watching Katsuki slink over to where Victor is talking to a handful of sponsors.
“Maybe this is like that banquet where they pretended they were meeting again for the first time,” Otabek offers, stealing a stuffed mushroom from Yuri’s plate and popping it into his mouth. He licks at the grease left on the tip of his thumb. “Remember that last year? They even brought that old tie and Victor cried when he tied it around Katsuki’s head like a crown.”
Mila laughs into her champagne flute and Yuri suppresses a shiver.
“This feels worse than that. This feels,” he says, pauses, curls his nose, “this feels weirder.”
“So what brings you here?” Vitaly Nikonov asks, rolling his wrist and watching the maraschino cherry swirl around in his manhattan. “I haven’t seen you around.”
“Funny,” Katsuji Yuuta says, and he looks Vitaly Nikonov up and down like a question and an answer all at once. He tilts his head at the group Vitaly’s with and takes a swig of his own champagne. “I thought we might be here for the same reasons. But I see you here, and suddenly I can’t remember why I came.”
“Oh, Mr. Katsuji,” Vitaly says, voice lowering. “I don’t think you’ve come close to coming yet.”
“Uh, guys,” says Mark from Sony, bumping a fist on Vitaly’s shoulder. “Victor? Yuuri? I’m gonna–me and the boys, we’re gonna, uh, step away for awhile.”
Vitaly Nikonov hums as if Mark from Sony is very, very far away. He can see nothing else but Katsuji Yuuta’s soulful, brown eyes.
“Spies!” Mila does not squeal as she runs back to Otabek and Yuri with a refreshed drink and a plate of bacon wrapped scallops. “They’re pretending they’re rival spies. Or maybe Yuuri’s a honeypot? I don’t know, all I could hear is them talking about trading intel upstairs and–”
“Gross,” Yuri says, stealing her champagne and downing it in one gulp. Yuuri and Victor at banquets are going to drive him to an early retirement. Next to him, Otabek is stoically looking at the chandelier over their table, trying not to laugh.
“Mr. Katsuji!” Victor moans dramatically, his band collar shirt torn open, buttons flown across the room. “Oh, if our agencies found us this way, they would kill us!”
“Stop!” Yuuri laughs on top of him, tucking his face away in the curve of Victor’s neck. “Now it just sounds stupid.”
“We must run away together!” Victor says, rolling his hips up to greet the inviting curve of Yuuri’s ass through his briefs. “Change our names! Go into hiding! The two of us against the world!”
“Victor, you said if I won gold you would take this seriously,” Yuuri whines, and he nibbles at the soft of Victor’s earlobe to make him gasp and still.
“I am taking this seriously,” Victor says softly underneath him. He rolls his hips up slower this time, a little more sluggish drag to prove how earnestly invested he is, dick hard and needy between the undone fly of his own pants. “I was going to tell you of a bungalow I know tucked away off the coast of Bali. We’ll think up new identities. You can be Yuuri Katsuki. I’ll be Victor Nikiforov. Former figure skating champions. We’ll fall asleep to the sound of waves every night, and no one will ever find us. What do you think?”
Yuuri grinds his ass down where Victor is waiting for him. “I think you should keep going.”
- Youngjae’s laugh first of all - when Jackson told his parents he wanted to go to Korea to be a singer, his dad told him that if he could win a fencing competition that he could do it…and he did - Mark’s old ramen hair - oh man Jinyoung’s pointy fringe hairdo from way back in the Girls Girls Girls days - how Jaebum’s freckles above his eye look a little like a piercing and it’s cute as hell - whenever they prank Yugyeom by blaming him and getting ‘angry’ he always takes the blame and apologises even when he didn’t do anything wrong omg babe - BamBam on ASC “how do you know I’m not I’m big” like son can u please chill - how Jimin from ASC literally has to prepare herself mentally for these children coming on the show - how Jackson is friends with like…everyone. Amber from f(x)? yup. Namjoon from BTS? Got it. - Yugyeom loves dramas - Jinyoung evolved from JR to Junior to Jinyoung - Jackson falling asleep in the hairdressers and waking up with the Stop Stop it hairstyle. bless - Youngjae spoiling Fly live on v-app bc he got too excited playing with Coco -legit how well Jinyoung and Youngjae are doing with their English, they don’t have to but they do it and they’re trying so hard - “IT’S NOT HARD…it’s not hard” - Jackson’s giggle that sounds like a pixie or smthn - Mark’s dad. what a blessing. the most savage - how they all had a go at writing or composing songs in the new album - BamBam “there’s also this hyung - i won’t say his name - but he should stop wearing earrings” - Jinyoung “what is your point” in english like wOW MARK GET REKT - “I am jungle. Jungle is me.” - Jackson Wang, everybody - the excessive amounts of ass-slapping that goes on in this group - like the time Youngjae slapped BamBam’s ass so hard it made him physically shudder and call out in English - Jinyoung pulling Mark back down onto his knee and saying “Sit- sit down - I’m your mom.” - “this is youngjae class” - Yugyeom Hit The Stage - Jaebum not letting him live: *sign of the cross* “HIP-HOP” - how supportive they are of each other’s song-writing - Jinyoung saying that he gave Yugyeom his favourite part to sing in Mayday - Hard Carry butt wiggle dance - the members taking the piss out of Jackson’s rap voice - when they switch roles in their songs - Mark’s “girl you’re my diamond” in Tic Tic Tok - Mark’s random dedicated English parts in anything tbh, like in A, Mayday etc - “eyyy swagger like me” Jackson in U Got Me - the Home Run dance - in the Fly dance practice, when BamBam steals Jaebum’s screen time and JB’s just so hurt - Youngjae’s weird and hilarious dance in the Fly dance practce - Mark’s face in every Just Right performance - how Jackson always makes sure that anybody treating him like the leader direct the questions at Jaebum and when they don’t, he turns it around, “Jaebum-hyung, what did we do?” - speaking of “jaebum-hyung” how offended Jackson is that he makes him call him his hyung when they were born in the same year - when Jackson was making fun of Jaebum when he wasn’t there, thought he was coming, was so terrified and then got roasted by Jinyoung for the face he made - how effected they all were by the Playground tribute the fans did for them at their fanmeet - their Buzzfeed video that got a ton of new int. fans (whatup guys) - the cola commerical they did - the pink hair Mark had for like, 2 days - the time Yugyeom shouted on “Jaebum-ah!” and the entire group was stunned - the best high note Jaebum will ever hit in his life in A - Jackson is constantly run off his feet and met with horrible obstacles (the saesang fan incident with the car accident, being lonely overseas on his own etc) but always managing to be positive no matter what - Yugyeom constantly grinding on everything - when they made them all do sexy dances to JB doing an impression of a “sexy” singer on Weekly Idol but he got down at the end and started grinding the floor - Jinyoung’s eye whiskers, like that is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen - BamBam dissing Jaebum in Thai and rolling his R for like 14 seconds straight - the If You Do dance in 2x - Jinyoung taking his shoes off in the If You Do 2x dance - how tall Yugyeom is, like you would need a stepladder to get to his height - how when they debuted, BamBam was a smol child and now he’s this tall and deep-voiced bias wrecker? like sit ur ass down boi - Mark literally just disregarding every rule of the kpop world and getting a huge tattoo - Youngjae possibly (I’m praying he has) getting a tattoo - how Jaebum’s managed to mellow out in the 2 years since they’ve debuted - BamBam doing the girl group dances, somehow its funnier than when the other members do it and I have no idea why (like don’t get me wrong, Jaebum and Yugyeom doing it is hilarious) - after Yugyeom got pranked and he went nuts screaming “GWENCHANA! NA GWENCHANAAAAA!” when everyone was trying to hug him - Youngjae getting so hurt by Mark calling him “Jackson” (How are you Jackson? I’M NOT JACKSON) - Youngjae impersonating an otter because Jackson told him to in their GOT2Day - Markson - JJ Project being a thing - that video where Yugyeom is just running behind Jinyoung and Jaebum shouting, “Jinyoung pabo!” “Jaebum pabo!” and then “JJ Project!” and doing the song and dance to tease them - Jaebum and Jinyoung literally having no idea ho idea how to get him back for that - how Youngjae is constantly hitting everyone - the time they threw a plastic cockroach at youngjae and he screeched - how Youngjae and Jaebum have made multiple dick jokes to each other - Jinyoung praising Yugyeom like a proud mum and being rewarded with Yug’s r00dness - seriously they don’t know what to do with this kid and it’s the best - the time they went to the zoo and Jackson was shouting at the tigers - Jackson and Jinyoung on the rollercoaster together and Jackson just screaming “JINYOUNGGGGGGG - JINYOUNG- JINYOOOOOUNNG!” - BamBam and Yugyeom’s knowing-everything-about-each-other-already-so-they-barely-actually-talk relationship - BamBam roasting Jackson for his fashion choices “I wish Jackson-hyung would stop wearing baggy trousers-” “I HAVE SHORT AND THICK LEGS WHAT ELSE AM I MEANT TO WEAR?” “I also wish hyung would stop wearing black.” - Jackson and Eric Nam. “No one asked you, Eric.” “Oh, hey Eric.” “I HATE YOU ERIC” - Jaebum’s fake snake bites tho…how did we get through that - whenever Jaebum’s hair is longer - when Yugyeom’s hair is darker and not completely covering his forehead - when Youngjae does sweat paws - Mark wearing baggy jumpers - Jackson having blonde hair - or Jackson having his hair black but longer? oh damn - Everything about BamBam in Flight Log:Turbulence era - Mark’s “hard carry hey” I think goes without saying - the way BamBam says “hungry” and the movement he does in the Hard Carry MV - Jinyoung wearing stripes - Youngjae’s smile - that time Jaebum literally chased Yugyeom around a fanmeet hall - when Yugyeom almost peed himself laughing because Mark didn’t catch a ball - BamBam: Call us Dab7 Mark: No, you go be Dab7 by yourself. Youngjae: *loses his shit* - during the episode of ASC in the Flight Log: Departure era where the members were constantly just saying “yas” “yaaaas” “yAAAAsss” - “Markiepooh” - When Youngjae came out of the trailerand on discovering the rest of them were filming shouted “My name is Youngjae! How are you!” and they were all like “no, stop it Youngjae” - when Jaebum was cooking and told to speak in English and he literally just kept saying “and then” - how Jaebum hates speaking in English (god knows if I didn’t speak English, I’d hate being told to say things in it) - when Jackson and Namjoon were having a rap battle and Jackson was like “please don’t diss me” - how Jackson challenged Jooheon to a rap battle, and when Jooheon started realised it was a very bad idea and was like “hey no don’t do it like that you’re making me look bad” - how GOT7 and BTS are so close (see: their shared stage, how excited Bangtan were when they saw Jinyoung in that elevator, how they all have each other’s numbers, how excited the 97 line are when they meet up) - when they were on Weekly Idol for Flight Log: Turbulence, they introduced Jinyoung with his new name with a fan vid which included everyone at some point or another screaming his name - Jinyoung’s savagery - Youngjae’s love for videogames - how when Jackson was asked to speak French, he ended it on “paris baguette” - how much Jaebum cringes when they bring up Dream High - “my dream is to dab with moose” - “aka browny” - how Jaebum had to turn his back on Yugyeom during the prank to compose himself because he couldn’t stop laughing before pretending to be really mad at him - how far they’ve come in 2 years that they’re such a respected and loved group internationally and how peaceful the fanbase is in general
The Doctor hadn’t imagined that you wearing a skirt would bother him so much. That’s not to say that he didn’t like it. He did like it. That was the problem - he liked it too much.
It wasn’t even that short of a skirt, either. There wasn’t anything overly sexy or promiscuous about it. That, he would have been able to ignore. He had been ignoring flaunted sexuality all his lives (it never failed to make him uncomfortable), and it came easily to him at this point. But you weren’t flaunting anything. You were in a tasteful, flowing skirt that cut off right at the knee. It flared out a bit whenever you turned, giving just the slightest tease of your lower thigh, but there was no inappropriate exposure. None at all. It was perfectly perfect.
But the Doctor was scared of it.
“Wait a minute. What are you dressed like that for?” he asked when you finally joined him in the console room. He immediately bit his tongue when he realized how he sounded, but… he really wanted to know why you were wearing that… thing. And heels. Oh, no, you were wearing heels. They weren’t especially tall and the wedge was hardly more than an inch, but this was more heel than he had ever seen you stand on.
You made a silly face at him in response, too accustomed to his non-ginger rudeness to be offended. “Is this alright for where we’re going? I’ll just change real quick if it’s not. I just never get to wear it.”
That’s right, you never got to wear it. (Forget the heels. Can’t run well in those, so they were out of the question.) The Doctor had never seen so much leg on you. You wore trousers, always, because you were smart enough to know that skirts were not for adventuring. Even in hot weather, though, you didn’t wear shorts. You just wore trousers with thinner material. Shorts were nice, but the idea of running through dense underbrush or stinging nettles or a bog with bare legs didn’t appeal to you, so you kept your legs safely covered.
So, this is a headcanon that I got reaaaally carried away with. Big thanks to @treasuredbuns for giving me the prompt and bearing through the ridiculous number of messages the headcanon came in!
Since I’m only my laptop, and this is a VERY long headcanon, I will put it below the ‘keep reading’ to save you from having to scroll forever if Klance and ridiculous amounts of fluff is not your thing.
Prompt: Voltron team goes shopping for new clothes at the space mall
Apologies for any mistakes, and feel free to give prompts!
What do you think the bros sleep in? Like pjs or just boxers etc?
Ohohoho now while there is evidence in game hinting that they sleep in their clothes I have decided that this is both gross and not a thing. As a big supporter of pj’s I like to think they all have a supply for their sleepy camping needs! In hotels it is a free for all but when they are all in the tent there is the pyjama rule.
Noct: jammies for all occasion, and they are all black. long sleeve, short sleeve, full length trousers, shorts, soft flannel, cotton, all black so they all match no matter what combo he wears ultimate coordination.
Prompto: lets be honest. chocobos. lounge pants with chocobos printed on them with a plain vest like the adorable nerd he is 10/10. cutest jammies in the group. probably has a chocobo onesie at home
Ignis: everyone expects him to wear button up pj’s but please, he wears suits all the time sod off is he gonna sleep in one as well. just very simple and effortless lounge pants and a thin tee shirt that shows off just the right amount of collar, will go topless if it is particularly warm.
Gladio: hates them, wants to burn them to the ground. doesn’t understand why he has to wear them, thinks it is rude, nobody cares. Doesn’t own any so sleeps in his boxers, and if it is cold out he might think about putting on a vest but he is a hot-bod so doesn’t half the time.
I'd love a pre-phlint sickfic where Clint notices that Phil is sick and has to be stealthy about taking care of because Phil refuses to acknowledge his illnesses. At some point during the ridiculousness that ensues Clint discovers that what Phil hates the idea of "adorably amazing archers" being obligated to care for "pathetic paper pushing peons." (Phil either has a fever or is high on drugs, hence the alliteration).
“He did what?!”
Clint moved the phone away from his ear. His hearing was pretty shitty, but even so Sitwell was loud as hell.
“He drank the—”
“The green stuff?!”
Sitwell’s voice was climbing. “Why would he do that? Why would he drink the green stuff?! Does he have a head wound?!”
“No, no, uh, I think, maybe, it’s the flu? Or…what’s the one that’s like the dinosaur? Er, brontosauritis?”
“Barton. Make. Sense.”
Clint dutifully tried to reconstruct the past twenty minutes. “Probably the flu. I mean, I don’t really know, he’s been trying to hide it the whole mission, so I got him some cold medicine at the…well, anyway, I think he thought it was NyQuil, honestly.”
There was silence on the other end of the line.
“It is the same colour,” Clint added loyally.
The silence stretched. Clint pictured Sitwell pinching the bridge of his nose, the big lenses of his glasses riding up over his knuckles. It was an expression Clint was familiar with. In the adjoining room he could hear Coulson lecturing the potted plant about SOP for safe disposal of toxic spills in Research Lab A.
“Okay…okay. It’ll be okay. Where is he now?” Sitwell’s voice had smoothed out into that manufactured calm Clint assumed they taught people in S.H.I.E.L.D. Handler School.
“He’s here, he’s safe, he’s… uh…” The stream of dialog in the next room had turned heated. Maybe by now Coulson thought the plants were talking back. Clint stumbled onward. “So, what the hell did he drink?”
“The green stuff in the sealed container that was definitely not NyQuil?” Sitwell’s voice dripped sarcasm. “It’s truth serum, Barton.”
Clint snorted involuntarily. “Oh come on,” he said. “There’s no such thing as truth serum.”
“Oh there isn’t, is there? And how long have you been working for S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Barton?”
“Uh, eight months?”
“So there are some things about S.H.I.E.L.D. that you might not conceivably know,” Sitwell said pleasantly. “Like who the odds-on favorite is in the betting pool for when Harris finally gets canned for yelling ‘Yippee-ki-yay’ every time he jumps out of a Quinjet. Or that Hill’s B&J favaflav is Lemont.Fuji which you can only get in scoop shops in Tokyo. Or that we have truth serum. We have all sorts of stuff. Including the stuff that you say Coulson just drank which is, alright, maybe not technically truth serum, but is instead AHC-73b, a substance which induces a euphoric sense of well-being and an overwhelming compulsion to talk, while completely destroying all of a peRsON’S INHIBITIONS.”
Sitwell panted into the phone for a couple of heartbeats. Clint definitely was not using the time to try to picture what his extremely buttoned-up new handler would be like without any inhibitions. He hadn’t known the guy long, but as far as Clint could tell Agent Coulson was all about inhibitions. On the couple of missions they’d been on together he had been the model of the impartial, efficient supervisor. From the impenetrable armour of the ever-present suit to his tightly-controlled badassery in the field, Coulson was…
Clint shook himself. He was being stupid. Okay, sure, the guy was attractive. And he ticked, like, every one of Clint’s boxes. Still, he’d begun to doubt there was anything at all under that suit…
…there was something under the suit.
Coulson lurched into the room, coming to a sloppy halt against the doorframe. If it wasn’t for his lack of coordination, glassy eyes, and the flush high on his cheeks Clint might not have known there was anything wrong with him. His black suit was immaculate as always, shirt crisp and white, his tie of some dark silky material that caught the light. He looked like he always did: contained, untouchable.
Except he wasn’t wearing any trousers.
His shorts were dark and made of some shiny, satiny stuff that looked all microfibre and tailored—Clint supposed he shouldn’t have been surprised—some kind of fancy underwear that was maybe boxer briefs. There was a scar across the big muscle of Coulson’s right thigh, leading upwards before it disappeared under the edge of the briefs, which were kinda tight okay, leaving nothing to the imagination…
Hug him from behind, rubbing and feeling his little tummy, and then making fun/tease of him because he has his shirt tucked like an old man xx
Are we talking about this gif, here?
Because, I swear to Jesus Christ, this is the cutest outfit I think he’s ever worn? My favourite fashion choice for the summer is literally to wear my t-shirts tucked into my trousers or my shorts and it makes me so happy that he wore that…
He’d be ready to go out for a night at Sam and Tomo’s, knowing that it was just a cosy night in with beers and board games because it’s been ages since they’ve seen him, with mutual friends and a cuddle with Sid. The missus would have been invited to join them, but, she’d already made an appointment with the sofa and a bundle of wedding magazines to make some final touches and add some final additions to their wedding, allowing him the night off to enjoy himself.
Standing in the kitchen as he slipped his house keys into his jean pocket, one boot on and one boot sitting on the tiles, his back to the door as he became oblivious to the missus appearing in the doorway with a smirk on her face.
“Babe?” He’d called out through the house, slipping his foot into his boot before jumping and looking over his shoulder, her arms around his waist and she pressed her face to the space of his back, “oh, hello.”
“Hmm,” she’d hum in delight, eyes shut, “love you. You smell nice.”
“I love you, too,” he’d smile softly, “you want me to get you the wine from the top shelf? Is that why you’re being so cuddly? What do you want from me, hm?”
“Nothing,” she’d mumble into his t-shirt, nudging her nose into his spine, “you look silly. You know only old men tuck their shirts in like this?”
“Maybe I am an old man. I’m getting some greys, you know? You could be marrying someone who’s actually 50 and has kids already,” he’d tease and laugh, turning round in her arms and wrapping his around her neck, holding her to his chest, “thought it looked like a good outfit for a cosy night in. Don’t you think so?”
“Hmm. It might grow on me, Peaches,” she’d murmur against his chest, “gon’a miss you tonight. Give my love to Sid.”
“Of course,” he’d chuckle, kissing her forehead, “sure you don’t want to come tonight? I’m sure the girls would love to talk to you about the wedding plans you’ve got going on in here,” he’d smile and tap her head softly, “you’ve got some lovely ideas up in here. Share them with someone else.”
“I’m okay here tonight. I’ve got some Say Yes To The Dress episodes to watch and your mum sent through some links for food and caterers since we’ve not decided. Oh, and Gemma sent some playlists through for the reception,” she’d smile and press up on her toes to kiss his cheek, a soft blush on his cheeks, “go and have fun without me for once. You deserve it.” xx
You heard your nickname called out.
That’s what they called you, fallen star. Because when you somehow were magically yanked
from your world to this Tolkien Universe, you fell from the sky…and to the feet
of Thorin Oakenshield, much like a fallen star. This company of dwarves, and a
hobbit and wizard, they all took you in. It wasn’t out of want of you there…at
least not at first. It was merely
because none of them wanted your death on their conscience if you were left to
wander on your own. Cause let’s be
honest…you wouldn’t have made it long.
It had been hard.
The trolls, the wargs (or demon dogs, as you liked to call them). When you reached Rivendale, which was by far
the most beautiful city you have ever seen, you were certain that Thorin would
leave you there, that he would insist you stay for your safety and the sake of
his mission. But he didn’t. Instead, when the time came to leave, he
thrust an elvish pack into your arms, along with a new change of clothes, and
gruffly said. “Be sure to keep up.”