my notes and tips for autistic people who have trouble with hygiene and self-care
- first of all please don’t feel bad i struggle with it too like really bad
- let me tell you you really only NEED to shower once every 4 or 5 days.
- wash your hair with dish soap once a month to clean it really well.
- honey and eggs are a natural conditioner
- if you have trouble drinking enough water consider buying a 1 litre or 50 - 65 oz bottle of water and drinking it in increments at every meal. I drink 1/3 of it at each of my three meals a day. don’t drink more than 65 oz! a day, it’s unhealthy.
- honey, cinammon, bananas, milk, and oats all make excellent facial masks. if you can wash your face once a day, that would be great.
- BIG TIP brush your teeth WHILE YOU ARE COOKING FOOD that way you have something to do
- TREAT BRUSHING YOUR TEETH LIKE STIMMING. GET INTO THE REPETITIVE MOTION YO.
- try and walk for 15 minutes every day. find a reason to get outside like flower collecting or walking a dog or photography.
- remember to change your pants at least every 5 days and your shirt every 3 days.
- try to use deodorant at least every three days or as often as you need it
please take care of yourselves!