I decided to make this post because
there are so many misinformation flying around in tumblr about Jason that needed
to be corrected.
1) Pre-crisis Jason’s parents
were Joseph Todd and Trina Todd, Post-crisis Jason’s parents were Wills Todd,
Catherine Todd (step-mother) and Shelia Woods (biological mother) and N52 (and
Arkhamverse) Jason’s parents were Wills Todd and Catherine Todd (biological
mother this time).
2) Jason was also legally adopted by Bruce Wayne (Pre-crisis, PC and N52) and Natalia Knight (Pre-crisis).
3) Joseph and Trina Todd (who worked in the circus and were called the flying
Todds) were murdered by the Killer Croc and Jason saw their dead bodies lying
at the lake which really traumatized him.
4) Pre-crisis Jason was blonde, not red headed. And Jason in Post-crisis and N52 (and Arkhamverse) has a black hair.
5) Wills Todd was a petty criminal who got himself involved with two face which
eventually what got him killed.
7) N52 Wills had a big and poor family with many brothers and sisters, but
Jason never got the chance to meet his uncles and aunts.
6) N52 Wills was alcoholic and abusive towards Jason and his mother.
7) Post-crisis Jason (kind of) liked his father and was upset over his death
while N52 Jason hated him.
8) Catherine Todd was a drug addicted who dead due to overdose.
9) N52 Catherine Todd (who was the daughter of a really rich family) met Wills
a bad boy who used to hung out around her school and got pregnant with Jason.
The two eventually got married before Jason was born (which wasn’t a happy
marriage) and like PC Catherine, she become a drug addicted and died because of
10) Jason (PC and N52) really loved Catherine and was (and still is) deeply
affected by her death. He also blamed himself for her death.
11) Jason used to be the one who take care of his parents instead of the other
way around and never got the chance to have a normal childhood.
12) Arkhamverse Todds were really bad parents who tried to sell Jason (when he
was just born!) to crime lord to buy off their debts, but the criminal wasn’t
amused by this and beat up Wills.
13) When he grow older (and before meeting Batman), Jason sold out his parents
to the same crime lord in exchange of him staying out of his territory.
14) Jason was a very smart student with bright future ahead of him (stop
writing him as freaking stupid who fail at school in fanfics! Cause he was
canonically an A’s student!).
15) Jason really, really loves reading and learning.
16) Jason read different kinds of books like science, politics, educational,
languages…etc, but it’s noted that his favorite type of books is
17) Jason and Alfred used to have their own book club where they discuss and read
18) Jason is fluent in many languages like Germany, Russian…etc and can read
20) Jason is fast learner and has some good computer skills.
21) Jason is very harsh against criminals who hurt children and Women.
22) Jason has a short temper and some serious anger issues, but he can also be
pretty chill at times.
23) Jason is anti-hero which means he did some really good stuff and some
really bad stuff which he wasn’t (isn’t) proud of.
24) Jason was the shortest Robin before he died and he’s currently the tallest
25) PC Jason was younger than Dick by seven years and older than Tim by
26) N52 and Rebirth Jason’s canon age is between 18-20 years old (yes, he’s
27) PC Jason was Robin for three years. He met Batman when he was twelve and
died when he was fifteen.
28) N52 Jason was Robin for only one year like Dick and Tim (yeah, the n52 time
line is seriously messed up and it’s better to ignore it). He met Batman when
he was sixteen and died when he was seventeen.
29) Jason smoked when he was a kid, but he never smoked when he returned.
30) Jason and Dick were never close, not in Pre-crisis, PC nor N52 (because he was fighting with Batman at that time and also because he was jealous of Jason for being adopted by Bruce first while he was just a ward) which was something Dick deeply regretted after Jason died and made him try his best
to there for Tim and Damian.
31) N52 Jason has a childhood friend called Gabby who comforted him when he get upset and he protected her from bullies.
32) Jason used to respect and really admire (and kinda jealous of) Dick when he
was Robin, but not anymore.
33) The two used to have a rocky relationship when Jason returned as Red Hood
in PC and at the beginning of N52, but they currently have a friendly
relationship with each other and Dick sees him as a brother while Jason
veryyyyyyyy deep down consider him a family.
34) Jason was really admired by PC Tim. And N52 Tim decided to not call himself Robin and instead call himself Red
Robin from the beginning to honor Jason’s memory.
35) Jason love cars.
36) Jason and Tim weren’t close at all in PC, but they are pretty close in N52
and Tim consider Jason the closest thing to a brother he ever had. They also
worked together a lot.
37) Jason and Damian are not close, but they have begrudged respect toward each
38) In Batman and Robin convergence (which is canon to PC time line), Damian was
pretty jealous of how friendly Batman acted with Jason and decided to randomly
attack him to prove himself and Jason wasn’t amused.They eventually made up and Damian actually called him by his first name instead of Todd.
39) Jason and Damian worked together as Wingman and Flamebird in Batman Inc.
40) Jason, Dick, Tim and Damian are all legally Bruce’s children in PC (Cass
was actually never legally adopted). In N52, only Jason and Damian are acknowledged
as Bruce’s sons while Dick is considered to be the younger brother to Bruce and
Tim as the protege (because his parents are alive and well).
41) Alfred (in N52) told Jason that he is as much as a son to him as he’s to
42) Rena was Jason’s first girlfriend and he was pretty crazy about her.
43) Jason used to have a crush on Donna and Barbara.
44) Jason dated Rose Willson, Essence and Isabel.
45) Jason and Kori were really close friends before she left the Outlaws.
46) Jason and Kara (supergirl) kind of have a friendly relationship in
47) Jason has so many mothers and mother figures. Catherine, Trina, Sheila,
Natalia, Talia (well, until she wasn’t…), Ducra, Kate and Renee.
48) Natalia was a villain in Batman Pre-crisis who took Jason from Bruce in
nasty custody battle just to get close to him and actually win and became
Jason’s adopted mother. She eventually started to see and love Jason as a son
and even sacrificed her own life to save him. Jason was deeply affected by her
49) Ducra was Jason’s teacher in N52 who Jason really respected and admired.
She died at beginning of RHATO and her death also affected Jason a lot.
50) Jason is called “pup” by Ducra.
51) In alt-universe, Jason got adopted by Kate (batwomen) and Renee who both
truly loved and cherished him. Jason died (of course…) later on in Kate’s arms which
affected her and Renee a lot.
52) Shelia Woods was Jason’s biological mother who abandoned him as infant and
betrayed him as teenager to the joker.
53) Despite what she did, the last thing Jason did before he died was
54) Sheila last words to Batman before she died was about Jason deserving more
than her and how he truned out fine and become a hero without her
55) Jason is considered to be the best and strongest fighter out of all
56) Jason is the last and the chosen warrior of All Caste.
57) Jason has magic swords that can only work on magic beings (but some writers
forget about this condition or simply ignore it…).
58) Jason is the Joker’s favorite Robin and not only because he killed him, but
also because he really liked his attitude.
59) Jason’s death considered by the joker as his greatest victory and his death
anniversary was the only date joker actually bothered to remember.
60) Jason’s face was burned by the joker who wasn’t happy that he returned to live.
61) In Arkham Knight, the joker kidnapped and tortured Jason for a year and
considers messing up with Jason’s mind to be the happiest moments in his life
in a very long time. The joker also considers Jason as his, not Batman’s.
62) Pre-crisis Jason and Bullock are buddies who solve crimes together sometimes.
63) Jason has two proteges, Sasha (Scarlet) and Duela (Joker’s daughter). He
succeeded with the former and failed with the later.
64) The militia in Arkham knight really respect and loyal to Jason.
65) Deathstroke was Jason’s right hand in AK.
66) Slade and Jason meet again in N52 where they battled against each other and
eventually teamed up and saved each other lives.
67) Ra’s Al ghoul really hates Jason.
68) Roy was (is?) Jason’s best friend and the person he trusted the most.
69) Jason and Roy lived with each other for a while, had a joined bank account
and even started their own business which was called Red-Arse (yeah, I
70) Jason and Roy actually met each other back in the 80′s NTT and shared a really
70) Jason was NEVER an official member of the teen titans. He only helped them
up when Donna asked for his help when he was a Robin.
71) Jason was supposed to have a little sister in RHATO, but the plan was
scratched after Lobdell left the book.
72) Didio admitted in one of his interview that DC got so many demands for
Jason to have his own series and it was the most requests they got for a series
73) Jason was part of a team called the challengers with Donna, Kyle and “Bob”.
He liked Donna, hated Kyle and didn’t trust “Bob”.
74) Neil’s admitted in one of his interview that the vote which decided Jason’s
death wasn’t legit and it was just one person who made the different.
75) Jason is semi-confirmed to exist in the DCEU.
76) Bruce Timm confirmed that Tim in the Batman animated series was supposed to
be Jason (which is why he was given Jason’s personality and origin) because he
liked how different he was from Dick, but he couldn’t call him Jason because he was dead and Tim was the current Robin at that time.
77) Jason was born in August, met Bruce in February, died in April and was
revived in October.
78) Jason was Robin, Red Hood, Red Robin, Wingman, Arkham Knight, Batman and
maybe Red X (he was also nightwing at some point, but we don’t talk about
79) Jason was brain damaged for a year when he was revived before Talia found
him and shoved him in the pit which both healed and drove him mad at the same
time. In N52, Rebirth and UtRH movie, it was the pit that brought him
80) Jason currently is teaming up with Artemis (not the one from the YJ show)
and Bizarro and they called DC’s Dark Trinity in the new Red Hood and the
Outlaws series (which I strongly recommend).
Well, that’s it. I don’t know if you
guys noticed, but there’s actually no facts related to Bruce and Jason’s
relationship because there are so many and felt they deserved their own post
which hopefully will be released tomorrow :)
you guys have any question related to this post, you are welcome to ask me in
my blog and I will do my best to answer you.
A/N: Part of the OQ Advent Calendar. A bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Thanks for everyone who encouraged me through this process including @outlawqueenbey, @starscythe, @brookeap3, @the-alpha-incipiens, @trina-deckers (who titled this fic for me) and especially @repellomuggletum15, who beta-ed this like a champ and was there to help me through the writer crazies. I am so lucky to have you all as friends. Merry Christmas to all you OQers out there. May your holiday season be bright and full of cheer, and may this year be kinder to us than the last. :)
“Regina, we’re begging you to at least consider it.” Mary Margaret’s hand grips the mug of coffee (no, tea, she ordered tea at a coffee stop), her other hand nervously tapping on the veneer of the table.Emma’s knee is bobbing, she can see it from the other side of the table the way it shakes, almost vibrating with the discomfort of the moment. Her mouth is tense and tight, her eyes wandering the room, feigning interest in the holiday decorations that adorn the coffee shop, looking everywhere but at Regina.Coward.Regina should have known this coffee date would turn into an ambush. After all, Mary Margaret and Emma are her friends but they are also Robin’s sisters (Mary Margaret is only a half sister, but she’s a sister nonetheless). Sometimes Regina thinks her and Robin’s separation and pending divorce is harder on them than it is on her.She should have known better than to fall in love with her best friend’s brother. It’s wonderful in many ways, for your best friend to literally become family, but she lost the ability to complain and bitch about her love life with Emma the day her love life included Robin.
“After Thanksgiving, I cannot believe you two are asking this of me,” Regina muttered, picking up her coffee and taking a sip in one brisk action. The coffee is hot, too hot, and she’s sipped too much, but she refuses to wince as the steaming liquid scorches her tongue and throat.
She’s good at concealing pain, after all.
“He was a mess then, and he’s assured me it won’t happen again. I won’t let him touch a drop of alcohol. Not even rum cake!” Mary Margaret is frantic now, desperately trying to make this sound less like the miserable idea it actually is. “You love Christmas with us. And Roland wants to spend Christmas with Henry so badly, he’s asked us all.”
“It’s a tradition, Regina,” Emma says nearly above a whisper, “it’s one we want to keep.”
Emma looks uncomfortable with this setup (it had to be Mary Margaret’s idea), but it’s clear that she wants this, too.
“So why can’t we spend Christmas together without Robin? Why can’t he just have Christmas with his dad?” She asks pointedly at Mary Margaret, “I assume Ava doesn’t want Robert around, and I’m sure that side of the family has a grand old time.”
“Let’s leave our dad out of it.” Emma looks up from her cup of coffee, angrily, “You know how Robin and I feel about him.”
“Well from what I can gather, Robin is now turning into him, and…”
“Regina!” Mary Margaret admonishes, “I get it. He had too much to drink on Thanksgiving. But that does not make him Robert. It was one day. And it was a hard day. A hard day for you both.”
“And yet I managed to have a perfectly wonderful meal with Emma and Neal without swallowing a fifth of whiskey.” Regina is quick to remind.
The pain of that day is still there, and it hurts. Sometimes people forget she hurts, too. She’s resilient, guarded, and private. But that day, to those who knew her, she was a mess of emotions. It was the anniversary of the death of her marriage.
Robin had begged to have Roland for the holiday dinner. Regina offered the day up easily, texting him that he could have Thanksgiving and the Friday afterwards in exchange for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Robin wouldn’t agree to the deal, of course, and they were at a bit of a standstill until Emma had mentioned the idea of splitting Roland.
“We’re going to celebrate with Neal’s family. You’re welcome, Regina. And they eat early. Like, 2 PM? We can have a Thanksgiving meal, Henry and Roland will have time together, and…well, you know Neal’s father loves you. And then just drop off Roland at Mary Margaret and David’s, and boom! Henry gets double the Thanksgiving fun and won’t miss out on anything. It’s simple, and easy. What do you think?”
It seemed like a great solution to this whole mess.
But of course, when the day came, Regina was a wreck, because dropping Roland off meant she would have to see Robin for the first time in forever. It should not have been that way, not for them. They were best friends turned lovers, and in ten years prior to this separation they had barely gone more than a day without at least hearing each other’s voice
Regina was the first to withdraw. After Thanksgiving, her stubbornness kicked in, and she shut him out completely. Refused to speak to him about anything besides Roland, refused to even hear his attempts to reconcile. And then, on Christmas Eve, there was a simple text from Robin, telling her that he knew she didn’t want to hear from him, but he would always love her. She had misinterpreted, thought he meant that he still loves her that way, and drove back from her mother’s, intent on choking on her pride and begging him to come home to her.
But by the time she’d come back, by the time she’d tried to get him back, it was too late. He had already moved on, into the arms of his ex-girlfriend. The image of him and Marian will probably burn fresh and painfully in her mind forever.
From that moment, she shut down any hope of reuniting and focused on trying to get over him. And she figured if she spent enough time away from him, that would happen. Eventually.
So she set her best efforts in seeing him as little as possible. Sure, they shared custody of Roland. But they have a system, and it involves dropping him off at daycare on the day of the week they are set to make the exchange, while the other picks him up and takes him home for the remainder of the week, until the next exchange. Thanksgiving was the first time they would see each other, since the week Mrs. Lucas went on vacation and shut down the daycare, leaving them without their usual routine.
When they lost daycare, they split the responsibility of Roland 50/50 and suddenly, after months of avoiding one another, they had to see each other on a daily basis, breathe the same air, stare into each other’s eyes…it was, difficult. She’s never been good at setting boundaries with Robin, she’s weak for him, and all that time away had done nothing to change that. That week they ended up becoming much too flirty for her own taste. Before she knew it they were sharing dinners every night, and even spent all of the Fourth of July together. They didn’t talk about anything too serious, not in front of Roland, of course. But it had been wonderful, having him for that brief time. But it was over when Roland’s daycare opened back up and she was alone again. All that week had left her with was a deep hole in her heart, and time spent thinking too much about him, reopening wounds and making her long to relive a chapter in her life she knew was closed.
After that, she told herself she would not fall under Robin’s spell again. So she drew back as far as she could, stopped taking phone calls and continued to talk in texts and emails. Robin pushed a little, at first. But she shot down every attempt to meet and talk, with one excuse or another, and Robin had eventually relented. This was the new normal.
She had been dreading Thanksgiving for quite some time, considering that last year’s Thanksgiving had been the worst day of her life. Where a familiar argument took a wrong turn and words were spoken that could never be taken back, screams and cries and demands and ultimatums put them at a standstill, and then Robin slammed a door to their home that he never opened again. At least, not in that way.
So she had dreaded Thanksgiving, yes, but she would be lying if the prospect of seeing Robin after months had not excited her just a bit. He wasn’t just her soon-to-be-ex-husband, after all. For the last ten years he had been her person, her best friend, the one she trusted the most, and of course there was this unparalleled chemistry they shared, the passion they had was unlike anything she’d ever experienced in her life.
So as much as she knew better, as much as she knew she was opening herself to heartache all over again, she’d found herself fretting over the perfect Thanksgiving outfit, spending a bit longer on her makeup…wondering if he would look at her the way he used to…despite the fact that he had moved on, she knew he had. Still, she hoped for something that couldn’t be, and it was ridiculous, wasn’t it?
She found out how ridiculous it was when she got to Mary Margaret’s house to drop off Roland.
So I’m sitting around thinking about Falsettos, as you do, and realized that the moment they say Jason looks like Marvin is at the Bar Mitzvah, aka where he’s becoming a man…which I think is also saying that finally Marvin is also a man now. Not that he’s somehow perfect in any way but that it’s fitting that we’re at the end of Marvin’s story because he now is both 1) a man and 2) as mature as his son, which is all he’d wanted. Both of them aren’t growing by choice, but because ‘it’s about time’ and there isn’t a choice with the very real, grown-up thing they’re about to face. Jason looks like Marvin (and Marvin looks like Jason) for this one moment, where they’re both boys becoming men, just in time to lose someone they both love and have loved for longer than either probably wanted to or could admit. And everyone else sees it, including Trina who has wanted so long for the men in her life to be men, and Whizzer who is now finally in the place where he loves and is loved by both of them just in time.