Hey, does anyone have any advice for clearing up my skin? I'll try anything at this point, I was given antibiotics but they made me really sick so I'm back to square one - Lil
Hey love! Here are some tips for clear skin; keep in mind that these things take time and you may have to wait a while for things to take effect.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy, don’t eat many oily foods
- Go outside and get some sun, but make sure that you wear sunscreen and wash your face when you go back inside to keep it from staying on your skin too long (there are also lighter sunscreens for your face that say things like break-out free; not more expensive ones you can find them at general drug/convenient stores)
- Wash your pillowcases often, at least once a week to prevent the oil from your hair from getting all up on your face.
- Sleep with your hair tied back or braided to keep it from getting oil on your face at night
- Experiment with different creams and lotions and treatments to see what works best with your skin.
- Wash your face morning and night.
- Drug stores (like CVS) have towelettes that you can use (I use Burt’s Bees) that you can take with you during the day to clean your face of dirt and oil, very useful if you can’t wash your face for another few hours
- See a dermatologist if this continues for too long (i.e. past teen years) or if you have any sort of condition that makes acne worse, sometimes medication can be prescribed.
These are just a few things, let me know if you’d like me to try to find some more tips, maybe I can make a master post out of it if anyone would find that useful! Hope this helps, xo