I’m guilty of this myself, but when quoting the “Sin is treating people like things” line from Carpe Jugulum, I feel like it does a disservice to leave out the next bit, which is, “Including yourself.”
Treating yourself doesn’t have to involve money. You can always:
• Take a warm bath
• Binge watch your favorite tv show
• Wear your favorite outfit
• Go out with friends to a place that doesn’t require funds (the park, library, etc)
• Spend some quality time with your pet
• Take a nap
• Try to create a new recipe with the ingredients you have on hand. It may be fun to experiment.
• Have a “Pajama Day” where you just rest at home.
• Take some time to do a task you’ve been putting off.
• Take a long shower, do all your hygiene care.
• It can also be fun to look through storage and rediscover what you already have. Like taking a trip down memory lane.
• Read a book you’ve never read
• Take a day to practice and indulge in your talents. Write, draw, play music, design, sing, etc.
• Play your favorite game
• Call a friend, and have a long conversation
• Plan some future goals for yourself, to boost your confidence.
• Enjoy some solitude/alone time
• Watch some funny internet videos
• Journal your thoughts and/or ideas
• Listen to your favorite album all the way through.
• Do some research about something that strikes your interest.
• Enjoy a nice walk outside
• Play your favorite sport, or set up a game with friends.
• Try to get a new high score on your favorite video game.
-feel free to add on :)
Please remember you’re allowed to treat yourself. Indulge in your favorite snacks. Save up for something you’ve had your eye on. Wear something cozy and take a nap. Plan an outing and go out with your friends. Take a day to yourself, play a video game, read a book, have a Netflix marathon. You deserve to treat yourself, you deserve the love you give others.
For those of you younger than 18, don’t worry I’m not here to shame you or to patronize you, it really wasn’t that long ago that I was a minor. Trust me, it really wasn’t that long ago. So I understand very well what ya’ll must be going through. In high school so many things changed in my life, not just my family or environment but also my way of thinking shifted. This shift is normal, change is normal, there’s nothing wrong with what you are feeling or thinking. However personally I found that this is not the time to be acting out on your thoughts. It’s not because you’re stupid, because you’re not, and not because society claims it’s wrong - it’s simply a matter of timing. You need to know exactly what’s happening and how to deal with it before you can act on it. Learn what you like and don’t like, learn to interpret what your body and your mind are telling you, learn to please and love yourself before you put yourself out there. When you miss this crucial step this leaves you vulnerable to people who will want to tell you what you should like and what you should do, instead of what you want to do. Please avoid sending and receiving nudes, not because there’s anything wrong with your body, but because it could get you in serious trouble and I want you all to be happy and safe. No one ever saw my naked body until I was a legal adult, and honestly it makes me so happy that it happened like that because by then a fuckboi was trying to take advantage of my supposed inexperience but I turned it all around by showing him that I knew what I wanted and what my body wanted. By the end he was begging to sleep with me but I decided I would not give a dick like him exactly what he wanted.
If any of you have already found yourselves in unfortunate situations and did not get out of it like you planned, you are not to blame for anything. I was only lucky to avoid an unfortunate situation, but when someone has made the decision to ruin someone’s life like that it is on them and not you. It’s never your fault. This could happen to anyone of any age, gender, race, and social class - it’s not your fault.
My babes, I want you all to have fun, be happy, and enjoy every great thing that life has to offer. Honestly, when the time comes, you will all be so grateful (and very pro hoes). ;)