I’ve heard legends about the far off land of Someday. I’ve heard it’s warm year round but still has all four seasons. I was told everyone is happy, healthy, and can do anything they wish, whenever they wish, and be whomever they wish to be. I’ve heard all the things they have put off are magically completed, and they give themselves the space to love. To love completely. I’ve heard these legends, but they are false, they are myth passed down by all those too terrified to live where they are, that simple land of Today. We spend so much time dreaming of Someday we forget; we forget the perfect street corners, the linden trees lining the cobblestone paths, the quiet grace of infinite possibility that saturates Today. I am here, I’ve stopped believing in Someday, and Today has never looked finer. Find your way here, we are waiting.
One thing that sets Icarus apart from other humans Apollo has known, is his utter refusal to be impressed by the gods. There is no falling to his knees with this one; no awed, worshipful gazes. He wields sarcasm well and uses it frequently.
He does not fall for their charms – or at least, Apollo has never seen any effect on him. Never. Apollo is able to make knees buckle with just one well-crafted look. He’s able to make men and women alike swoon with a single phrase. Icarus only rolls his eyes and threatens to spray the god with cold water.
It’s the same with Helios. Certainly, for all he mocks his partner/rival, Apollo can privately agree that Helios can turn on the charm when he tries. He can take all his obnoxious arrogance and turn it into a cocky, flirtatious kind of appeal, when he tries. And he is definitely trying. Trying to impress the boy with tricks, with snark and jokes and his rebellious persona, and his wild motorcycle. Icarus wavers between being politely amused and deeply annoyed.
When a small blade seemingly cut open the air in front of them, creating a shimmering oval shaped portal , Ladybug gently grabbed Chat's arm and stopped him from running into it head first saying, "Remember, curiosity killed the cat."
When a small blade seemingly cut open the air in front of them, creating a shimmering oval shaped portal, Ladybug gently grabbed Chat’s arm and stopped him from running into it head first saying, “Remember, curiosity killed the cat.” Chat Noir grinned. “Good thing I’ve got nine lives, milady.” She rolled her eyes and grabbed his tail, wrapping it around her palm to give herself a steady grip. “Just take a peek and let me know what we’re dealing with.” He nodded and leaned in, glancing around once his torso was fully inside. The skyline was almost identical to the Paris skyline on the other side of the portal, except it was now a silhouette with the sunset as its backdrop instead of the sunny afternoon still warming his legs and forearms. He jumped at the sound of a soft chuckle beside him, and he turned to see a taller, more broad-shouldered version of himself watching him. “Are you lost?” the other Chat Noir asked, balancing his baton on his shoulders. Chat Noir stared, slowly looking him up and down before asking, “Are you…me?”
The reader and Newt are acquaintances from the Hufflepuff house and Newt starts taking interest in the reader when he sees (him/her) laughing with (his/her) friends at hogsmeade. They meet years later then get stuck in a speakeasy when a blizzard leaves them stranded. ;)
❋ Don’t question why they don’t just apparate out. Just let this happen….
Newt wasn’t one to talk much to the other students attending Hogwarts. In fact, he rather preferred to be alone with his nose in a book reading about various magical creatures. His mother being a hippogriff breeder, he found at a very young age his love and admiration for these magical beasts and hoped to someday travel the world in search of them and study them up close.
Of course, because of his rather quiet and lonesome demeanor, other students did pick on him every so often and occasionally compared him to his older brother, Theseus, who was much different than Newt; the complete opposite in fact. He was popular, outgoing and always seemed to have a pretty girl hanging off his arm.
Today was the trip to Hogsmeade and as usual, Newt sat on a bench outside the shops reading a new book he bought and minding his own business. It wasn’t until he glanced up momentarily at the sound of laughter that he laid eyes upon the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.
“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
x Christopher McCandless in a letter to Ron Franz, April 1992
1. we would miss you.
2. it’s not worth the regret. either by yourself if you failed or just simply left scars, or the regret everyone else feels by not doing enough to help you.
3. it does get better. believe it or not it will eventually get better. sometimes you have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow.
4. there’s so much you would miss out on doing.
5. there is always a reason to live. it might not be clear right now, but it is always there.
6. so many people care, and it would hurt them if you hurt yourself.
7. you ARE worth it. don’t let anyone, especially yourself, tell you otherwise.
8. you are amazing.
9. a time will come, once you’ve battled the toughest times of your life and are in ease once again, where you will be so glad that you decided to keep on living. you will emerge stronger from this all, and won’t regret your choice to carry on with life. because things always get better.
10. what about all the things you’ve always wanted to do? what about the things you’ve planned, but never got around to doing? you can’t do them when you’re dead.
11. i love you. even if only one person loves you, that’s still a reason to stay alive.
12. you won’t be able to listen to music if you die.
13. killing yourself is never worth it. you’ll hurt both yourself and all the people you care about.
14. there are so many people that would miss you, including me.
15. you’re preventing a future generation, YOUR KIDS, from even being born.
16. how do you think your family would feel? would it improve their lives if you died?
17. you’re gorgeous, amazing, and to someone you are perfect.
18. think about your favourite music artist, you’ll never hear their voice again.
19. you’ll never have the feeling of walking into a warm building on a cold day
20. listening to incredibly loud music.
21. being alive is just really good.
22. not being alive is really bad.
23. finding your soulmate.
24. red pandas
25. going to diners at three in the morning.
26. really soft pillows.
27. eating pizza in neww york city.
28. proving people wrong with your success.
29. watching the jerks that doubted you fail at life.
30. seeing someone trip over a garbage can.
31. being able to help other people.
33. sitting on rooftops.
34. sweing every single country in the world.
35. going on roadtrips.
36. you might win the lottery someday.
37. listening to music on a record player.
38. going to the top of the eiffel tower.
39. taking really cool pictures.
40. literally meeting thousands of new people.
41. hearing crazy stories.
42. telling crazy stories.
43. eating ice cream on a hot day.
44. more harry potter books could come out, you never know.
45. travelling to another planet someday.
46. having an underwater house.
47. randomly running into your hero on the street.
48. having your own room at a fancy hotel.
50. think about your favourite movie, you’ll never watch it again.
51. think about the feeling of laughing out loud in a public place because your best friend has just sent you an inside joke.
52. tour survival will make the world better, even if it’s for just one person or 20 or 100 or more.
53. people do care.
55. hanging out with your soul mate in a treehouse.
55. snorting when you laugh and not caring who sees.
56. i don’t even know you and i love you.
57. i don’t even know you and i care about you.
58. because nobody is going to be like you ever, so embrace your uniqueness!
59. you won’t be here to experience the first cat world emperor.
60. WHAT ABOUT FOOD?! YOU’LL MISS CHOCOLATE AND ALL THE OTHER NOM THINGS!
64. you have a purpose, and it’s up to you to find out what it is.
65. you’ve changed somebody’s life.
66. now you could change the world.
67. you will meet the person that’s perfect for you.
68. no matter how much or how little, you have your life ahead of you.
69. you have the chance to save somebody’s life.
70. if you end your life, you’re stopping yourself from achieving great things.
71. making snow angels.
72. making snowmen.
73. snowball fights.
74. life is what you make of it.
75. everybody has a talent.
76. laughing until you cry.
77. having the ability to be sad means you have the ability to be happy.
78. the world would not be the same if you didn’t exist.
79.its possible to turn frowns, upside down
80. be yourself, don’t take anyone’s sh*t, and never let them take you alive.
81. heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary. be your own hero.
82. heing happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
83. one day your smile will be real.
84. having a really hot, relaxing bath after a stressful day.
85. lying on grass and laughing at the clouds.
86. getting completely smashed with your best friends.
87. eating crazy food.
88. staying up all night watching your favourite films with a loved one.
89. sleeping in all day.
90. creating something you’re proud of.
91. you can look back on yourself 70 years later and being proud you didn’t commit.
92. being able to meet your internet friends!
93. tea/coffee/hot chocolate.
94. team starkid.
95. cuddling under the stars.
96. being stupid in public because you just can.
97. if you are reading this then you are alive! is there any more reason to smile?
98. being able to hug that one person you havent seen in years.
99. people care enough about you and your future to come up with 100 reasons for you not to do this.
100. but, the final and most important one is, just, being able to experience life. because even if your life doesn’t seem so great right now, literally anything could happen!
Ian Murray was always on time. He had the same routine every single morning since he was ten:
4:45 AM: Hit snooze.
4:47 AM: Hit snooze again.
4:50 AM: Turn the alarm off, due to yells of frustration from his mother in the other room.
5:00 AM: Shower, quickly.
5:15 AM: Change, brush teeth, and hope to God that he didn’t put his shirt on inside out.
5:20 AM: Head down the stairs, helmet in hand. Grabs a banana from the basket of fruit on the table.
5:25 AM: Run into his Uncle Jamie in the study, of whom informs his nephew that his shirt is, indeed, inside out. Again.
5:26 AM: Turning his shirt the right way, he thanks his uncle and heads for his bike.
Everything after this is subject to change.
Between 5:30 AM and 5:45 AM: Ian Murray turns the corner from his home to the shop where the newspapers are printed. Geordie, the printer, hands him the bag of twine-tied papers.
“Don’t do nothin’ stupid, mind,” He tells the young lad, every single day. “These papers here be expensive.”
“Of course, Mr. Geordie, sir,” Came young Ian’s reply.
Between 6:00 AM and 6:45 AM: You can find him riding his bright orange bike around the neighborhoods and subdivisions of Boone, N.C., delivering papers to those on the street. He passes a few dog-walkers here-and-there, a couple of kids getting into their cars for school. Some old men watering their plants or wives kissing their husbands as they headed for work. On the rare occasion he’d find a smiling face, he would smile back. Sometimes he’d even be offered a to-go cup of coffee or a muffin or a bottle of water. He always loved those people–the ones who didn’t see him as invisible.
7:00 AM: He heads for the subdivision called Simon’s Landing–the nicer of most of the subdivisions he has the pleasure of riding through–and delivers his papers to all of the houses.
7:30 AM: Ian, sure all his papers had been delivered, heads back for home, a 45-minute ride from his current location.
It’s here that our story changes, on the dawn of the twentieth of December 1982.
I may still not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that someday I want to live in a house filled with my books and travel souvenirs. And the walls that aren’t covered in bookshelves will be covered with photos of my family and friends. When I leave the house I will be going to a job I love, and I’ll return to a person I love. So, that’s the dream I’m working on.
May I have your attention please? Will the real PenPal please stand up? ♪
I always find it hard to talk about myself, I never know where to start, I feel a bit lost. But let’s go…
I’m a guy who is very interested in music. I listen to several different
genres, and although I still do not play any instruments, I like to
sing and write lyrics. I love sharing music with people, and I really
like it when people introduce me to new music. This may be my favorite
way to pass the time. Music is really something special to me.
I like to stay at home watching movies and series over the weekend but, I
have invested more time in the second option. I watch over thirty tv
shows. Yes, I may be called addicted by some people, but, it’s not my
fault if the Netflix catalog is so appealing. Do you agree?
I want to travel the world someday, I want to visit all continents, I’m
sure it will be a really great experience. I believe there is so much
life out there, so many opportunities, so many experiences begging to be
Well, now let’s talk about what I’m looking for here …
I want to meet new people, meet new cultures, share stories, share
opinions. I think we can learn a lot from each other. I want someone
with whom I can talk about various subjects, (deep subjects and
superficial subjects), summarizing: I am in search of fun people who are
passionate about life. I am looking for long friendships.
I really have no problem with age, with nationality and such things. I
am learning English, but my level is satisfactory. Besides English I
also speak Portuguese and Spanish.
If you have read all of this, and you are in doubt whether or not to
send me an email … I ask you, what do you have to lose? Take a chance!
Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be (…) Take your time,
hurry up, the choice is yours, don’t be late. Take a rest, as a friend,
as an old memoria ♪
PS: I challenge you to send me an email with more than ten lines, talking about you, the country where you live, etc.