just garden store/greenhouse on Mother's Day things
-Helen back at it again with the hostas
-40000999 small children running around and crying
-these bright retina searing pink proven winners brand petunias are horribly mutated Jurassic park style but u bet ur ass we’re gonna sell out of them
-shade baskets??? haha Jennifer u must b kidding. i have not seen a shade basket in 34 years
-the really pretty and impressive hanging baskets priced at $45 but when u turn them around the back is dead from being pressed against the overhead beam
-oH gOd ItS sO hOt
-the shop clearly has all its staff on duty but it’s not enough
-Tomato plants. like so many
-everyone above the age of 67 is required to purchase one (1) or more easter lilies
-the commercial Venus fly traps sealed in a clear container marketed towards children like someone free them
-o u want a single fleck of fairy garden moss??? that will be $11.99 please
feel free to add on to this post
Very generalized observation
People from upper middle class working family in anytown/neighborhood
Rebel by wearing filthy clothing/not working
People who come from destitution with nothing and difficult school/Job opportunity
Shits tight- brand names, crispy clean clothing, style
Younger People who come from the mega rich/trust fund situations-
Completely Random Vintage clothing
Everyone else- individuals and who cares anyway- this passing thought doesn’t hold much weight it’s probably mostly
Philly based - a fishbowl of an almost failed city mediocrity on the brink of collapse with delusional hopes of future success
As a performer without touring I’d go claustrophobic mad cycling through the same limited venues with no media outlet and even at that I’ve had times in the uniform landscape of repetitive chains looking up at the sky feeling trapped in a ruined land of commercial GMO nutritional wasteland geared to sell us to death to fund wars wondering how far out way out all the way out into any other exsisted s reality what else is there where else can a person go and finding the only home love trust and comfort in my family who ideally would be all together.
It’s probably best here for the immobilized without dreams the non-visionary eternally
The kind of people who can report to their cubicle micro-focused on someone else’s agenda for a delusional idea of comfort success and and a good life walking down the same street back and forth watching other people to entertain them
To escape the mundane discomfort of a non-imaginative worker drone reality
i bet that demo watches trash monster documentaries
No. No, no, no, no, no. Demo has seen a few episodes of Mountain Monsters, but he hates it. They’re idiots with no real understanding of the danger they’re in. He’ll watch alien documentaries more than the monster stuff.
But you know who loves those? Sniper.
Sniper fucking marathons these programs, gets invested in these long-bearded hicks. He’ll excitedly point at the screen when they use traps similar to his, he can’t wait through the commercial breaks to see if they caught Bigfoot or not. He fucking takes hunting tips from them!
He’ll go on and on to Demo about the Argentinian Sasquatch, or the family of Bigfoots living near Sawmill. He’ll try and get Demo to help him design a trap for a bunyip. Sniper is 100% trash monster believing bogan.
•jack loves really tiny dogs and gets super excited whenever he sees one. bitty takes a million photos bc the contrast between his Very Large boyfriend and the Very Small dog is both adorable and ridiculous
•jack talks in his sleep sometimes but it’s all in french so bitty can never tell what he’s saying and it frustrates him to no end
•speaking of sleep, sometimes one of jack’s arms will flop over onto bitty and just like. completely traps him. he’s too heavy. someone save bitty
•also jack cries at those commercials with the sad animals where sarah mclachlan plays in the background and bitty regularly has to talk him out of adopting like 30 animals because he is an nhl player and TRAVELS, jack, you don’t have time available to take care of them and also isn’t that hoarding? jack at what point does it legally become hoarding? i think you’d be there
•roughly 60% of the snapchats bitty sends are super zoomed in unflattering photos of jack yawning and stuff “because the world needs to know he IS human and is capable of looking a little bit ugly sometimes”
•bitty refuses to bake with margarine. “this is a BUTTER household, jack. we are not HEATHENS”
•bitty also has VERY strong opinions on the taylor/kardashian feud. he’s tried explaining the whole thing to jack but jack just got confused and asked which was the one who sings “toxic”
•once jack refused to change the radio from a country station and bitty literally got out of the car
A law imposing total ban on vivisection was enacted on August 16, 1933, by Hermann Göring as the prime minister of Prussia. He announced an end to the “unbearable torture and suffering in animal experiments” and said that those who “still think they can continue to treat animals as inanimate property” will be sent to concentration camps.
On August 28, 1933, Göring announced in a radio broadcast: An absolute and permanent ban on vivisection is not only a necessary law to protect animals and to show sympathy with their pain, but it is also a law for humanity itself…. I have therefore announced the immediate prohibition of vivisection and have made the practice a punishable offense in Prussia. Until such time as punishment is pronounced the culprit shall be lodged in a concentration camp. (Criminals against the state where sent there along with suspected communist members, to await trial)
Göring also banned commercial animal trapping, imposed severe restrictions on hunting, and regulated the shoeing of horses. He imposed regulations even on the boiling of lobsters and crabs. In 24 November 1933, Nazi Germany enacted another law called Reichstierschutzgesetz (Reich Animal Protection Act), for protection of animals. This law listed many prohibitions against the use of animals, including their use for filmmaking and other public events causing pain or damage to health,feeding fowls forcefully and tearing out the thighs of living frogs. The two principals (Ministerialräte) of the German Ministry of the Interior, Clemens Giese and Waldemar Kahler, who were responsible for drafting the legislative text, wrote in their juridical comment from 1939, that by the law the animal was to be “protected for itself” (“um seiner selbst willen geschützt”), and made “an object of protection going far beyond the hitherto existing law” (“Objekt eines weit über die bisherigen Bestimmungen hinausgehenden Schutzes”).
On February 23, 1934, a decree was enacted by the Prussian Ministry of Commerce and Employment which introduced education on animal protection laws at primary, secondary and college levels.On 3 July 1934, a law Das Reichsjagdgesetz (The Reich Hunting Law) was enacted which limited hunting. On 1 July 1935, another law Reichsnaturschutzgesetz (Reich Nature Conservation Act) was passed to protect nature. According to an article published in Kaltio, one of the main Finnish cultural magazines, Nazi Germany was the first in the world to place the wolf under protection.
In 1934, Nazi Germany hosted an international conference on animal protection in Berlin. On March 27, 1936, an order on the slaughter of living fish and other poikilotherms was enacted. On March 18 the same year, an order was passed on afforestation and on protection of animals in the wild. On September 9, 1937, a decree was published by the Ministry of the Interior which specified guidelines for the transportation of animals. In 1938, animal protection was accepted as a subject to be taught in public schools and universities in Germany.
The Nazis disbanded several unofficial organizations advocating environmentalism and animal protection, such as the Friends of Nature, which was a Marxist environmentalist organization with a membership of over 100,000.
The current animal welfare laws in Germany are modified versions of the laws introduced by the Nazis.
Turning Out the Lights on Disease-Carrying Insects
Night falls, and the lights on streets and in homes go on. For more than 130 years, artificial light has been a key contributor to human development, allowing people to extend their work hours beyond when the sun goes down, school children to study their lessons, and communities to feel more secure on roads and in shared public spaces.
In many parts of the world, though, the simple act of turning on a light after dark comes with dangerous risks. Lightbulbs attract insects. Some of these bugs are infected with microbes, which get transferred to people and cause chronic or deadly diseases. Certain mosquitoes bring malaria, Dengue fever or rash- and fever-inducing Chikungunya virus. Sandfly bites can pass on the ulcer-causing Leishmaniasis parasite. A kissing bug kiss can impart Chagas disease.
The impact is substantial, with insect-borne illnesses representing 17 percent of all infectious diseases and 1 million deaths annually around the world. But now researchers say there is a new disease prevention tool that could help lower infections by insects that find their way indoors using light as their guide. Scientists have found that LED bulbs tuned to emit certain wavelengths of light attract significantly fewer insects.
These two men are both in their late 60’s to early 70’s, out at sea in a skiff with no motor, guiding in 900lbs anchors from a trawler by hand. The anchors, 27 per “trap”, hold the quarter mile long nets in place during the fishing season.
It is now exactly noon. What a great time to listen to the newest album for the first time! So let’s begin, I literally cannot wait anymore.
1. ‘Ship To Wreck’ (single)- I still think the song is good and catchy. But was that the right choice of Flo’s label to have it open the album? I think so! It really does introduce the main theme of this album, which I think is very full of contrasting emotions. Favourite lyrics: Did I drink to much, am I losing touch, did I build this ship to wreck?
Overall rating: 7.5/10
2. What Kind of Man (single) - starts with mesmerizing delicacy, and then it gets rough, in a good way. Also full of emotions, but this time not really autoaggressive. It’s a good single, and a really diverse one. The hook gets into one’s head immediately. Favourite lyrics: And with one kiss, you inspired a fire of devotion
Overall rating: 8/10
3. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - the title track is pretty much very well describing the musical theme of the era, as we have the raw sound of Florence’s vocals, plenty of trumpets and similar. It’s very positive and grasping emotions, every kind of them. The instrumental at the end is climactic. I just want to dance like Florence does at the concerts. Simply outstanding. Favourite lyrics: So much time on the other side, waiting for you to wake up
Overall rating: 9.5/10
4. Queen of Peace - OH. MY. GOD. the instrumental at the beginning is simply outstanding. Beautiful. Fairytale-like. And then the beat starts. And I’m cold dead on the floor. There’s something heavenly with this particular combo of drums and clapping; so mesmerizing. I don’t know if it’s going to be the next single, as I think it is TOO BEAUTIFUL to get the recognition it deserves. But let’s hope for the best
5. Various Storms & Saints - I like the gentleness. Great chillout song, after four fast and sometimes overvocalised ones. I kinda cried, as it built up. It’s hard to compare this song to the others, but it could be a hit. The radios also need chillout songs!
Overall rating: 9/10
6. Delilah - a worthy single. The duality of Florence’s vocals in this kills me. And the structure of the song is something we don’t hear everyday. Also a good beat. There’s more than one hook in this! “It’s a different kind of danger’, ‘Holding up for your call’, ‘To fast for freedom’ and more… And in the end, when the drums change the beat (PLOT TWIST) I’m dead on the floor again.
Overall rating: 9.5/10
7. Long & Lost - another chillout song. I’m crazy for the part that starts ‘Is it to late…” The bass is strong with this one. Also, a potential weak part of the album turns out to be very strong effort! Does Florence have any weak songs? Don’t think so.
Overall rating: 9.5/10
8. Caught - it starts with a jingle from milk commercial. It’s trapped between delicacy and something more fierce. I’m really torn by this. I need time to make up my mind, but for now it’s
Overall rating: 6/10
9. Third Eye - after a forgettable song comes a hit with a positive and uplifting (KIND OF) message. I adore the backing vocals (uh-oh-uh-oh-uh-ooooh)
YOU ARE FLESH AND BONE. Hooks you immediately.
Overall rating: 9.5/10
10. St Jude - out of the chillout songs, this one is rather forgettable. But the lyrics are beautiful. And actually that’s all I can say. In comparison to the first nine songs it’s not very good, but still a noticable effort.
Overall rating: 7/10
11. Mother - builds up really well, the ending is very emotional, Instrumental is different from what we’ve heard so far, and I like it.
Overall rating: 8/10
12. Hiding - WHY. IS. THIS. ON. DELUXE. ONLY. Florence’s label should go check themselves for mental illness. First Bedroom Hymns, now this. This could be a freaking #1 single in both US and UK.
Overall rating: 9.99/10
13. Make Up Your Mind - ANOTHER ONE. JESUS. The beat KILLS ME, and the chorus is HEAVENLY. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT’S ONLY ON DELUXE KILL ME RIGHT NOW
Overall rating: 10/10
14. Which Witch - it’s a retracted (or still to be announced/released?) soundtrack of a movie. I can feel it. The epicness is strong with this one. Should be on the regular album, but I’m not THAT mad (still: I’m kinda mad).
Overall rating: 9.5/10
15 & 16 - Third Eye and HBHBHB demos - I never liked the idea of having demos on deluxe. It sounds messy to me, but I apprieciate the effort.