Things My Music Professor Has Said
Some nuggets of wisdom from my Ear Training/Sight Singing Teacher
· Predominants are like the black sheep of the family that moves to California, and you don’t see them for five years, and they come back as like a Buddha wise man…
· Harmony is not the chicken or the egg. No. It’s the chicken.
· I didn’t have a bad milk experience
· You know the old cell phone rings whe you can’t tell what the downbeat is? C’mon you guys it’s not just me.
· What are you gonna do? Close your eyes and hope like you’re in the last scene of Butch Cassidy?
· If you finish sight singing, and you’re not sweaty, you’re doing it wrong.
· It’s not vi-V. That’s caveman music.
· If this was the three musketeers, they’d say ‘you cannot sing this melody.’ And then, you know, you’d duel.
· Use the force
· Do whatever you need to do to get your abdomen lively.
· My references get more and more distant. I know, it’s sad.
· I got a seventh chord for Christmas
· We don’t get ready for consonance. Watch out, this is gonna feel really comfortable!
· Hurry and finish your trill, you diva
· That was a fabulous fail
· I get excited about notation too
· You can have fun and still know where do is
· You followed what I did, and now I’m frightened.
· That guy’s totally dying off. NO! There’s still a minute and a half.