S1E08 - Pixar Battle Royale
(Sharing this episode? Use #MTPixar!)
**Spoiler Alert for Pixar’s Inside Out**
Inside Out is Pixar’s most recent feature film, released this summer to staggering domestic success, but still struggling to find its footing internationally.
Getting compared to the likes of critical darlings and box office heavyweights Toy Story 3, Wall-E and Up is never easy, and yet we’re curious to see where the studio’s latest release will fall.
Can Inside Out climb the great Pixar Ladder to become one of the classics, both inside the United States and out?
Does it connect with the studio’s larger business objectives, or is it the exception to the Hollywood rules?
And, most importantly, how does this all affect our formulation of the notorious Pixar Timeline?
| Today’s Topics |
We want to know your opinion! Vote on each topic using the links below.
1. Is the comedy in Inside Out intelligently criticizing or merely perpetuating certain social stereotypes?
2. Why hasn’t Inside Out done well overseas?
3. Which of Pixar’s planned future releases is your most anticipated?
4. How often should Pixar limit itself to releasing franchise films?
5. How do you feel about the notorious “Pixar Timeline”?
6. Which Pixar film do you Man Talks Approve?
| Links |
iTunes - itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/man-t…id968565143?mt=2
Twitter - twitter.com/mantalkspodcast
Facebook - facebook.com/mantalkspodcast
Voice Polls - voicepolls.com/user/ManTalksPodcast
Soundcloud - @mantalkspodcast
Questions or concerns? Email us at email@example.com
| Episode Panelists |
Physics - Harvey Mudd College
Zachary Reger (@ZacharyReger)
Documentary Journalism & Philosophy - University of Missouri
Alex Dostaler (@AlexDostaler)
Broadcast Journalism - University of Missouri