* It’s Germany’s 2nd-largest city (after Berlin) with 1.8 million residents. Located in the North, Hamburg also is 1 of the 16 federal states.
* Most foreign tourists just visit Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, etc. and are ignorant about the many things one can see and do in Hamburg and in the Northern part of Germany in general - this has its advantages as it isn’t as touristy. Hamburg city is a unique blend of historical monuments, modern architecture, and nightlife. For those who enjoy maritime culture with ships and harbors, it’s a great place to visit. It’s a very green city with nice views, clean parks, and a lot of sightseeing and shopping.
* Hamburg is 7 x the size of Paris and 2 x the size of London by area. The average living space is 30 square meters per person, supposedly making it the city with the largest average living space in the world.
* Hamburg houses the 2-nd largest port in Europe. Over 13,000 vessels are passing through annually. It’s also Germany’s largest port, and the 3rd-largest in the world. Most ocean freight imports into Europe come through here and through Bremerhaven.
* With a count of more than 2500, Hamburg has more bridges than Venice or Amsterdam.
* Hamburg is the greenest city in Germany. 14% of it is made up of green spaces like parks, natural preserves, and gardens. About 50% of the metropolitan area is enveloped in greenery. What also makes Hamburg unique is its lack of skyscrapers. Buildings with more than 10 floors cannot be found. To maintain the picturesque scenery around the Alster, it’s a rule for the surrounding buildings to be white with copper roofs.
* Hamburg has a lot of entertainment with 30+ theaters, 50 museums, 6 music halls, and 10 cabarets along with a vibrant nightlife. So if you’d like something different and off the usual beaten “Germany tourist” paths, give Hamburg a try.
Paris is a city that has dozens of architectural monuments and landmarks, one of which is the most magnificent and well- known all over the world. The name of it is the Eiffel Tower. It’s considered to be not only an icon of Paris but the whole of France. It adds a special charming atmosphere to the city which all French people enjoy as well as thousands of tourists.