What if Batb 2017 characters accidentally went though a time portal to modern times to find that the castle is now full of tourists?
but also, wouldn’t they ????:
- meet belle and adam’s descendants, whoever the fuck they are
- notice that the tour guide is an unusually exuberant fellow with a thick Parisian accent and expressive hands
- introduce themselves to the gift shop proprietor, an older gentleman who thinks this batch of tourists is all dressed highly irregularly
- almost trip over a little boy who’s so pumped to be visiting this castle. he heard a local legend about a monster who lived here, but his mother tells him that it can’t possibly be true
- pretend not to see that the first tour guide is totally in love with the second tour guide. they’re literally abandoned halfway through the tour because two somebodies disappear into a closet
- there’s an asshole tourist in the group who is aggressively going after belle, but he seems to fall off about the time they’re going over one of the bridges, so they never see him again
- somebody’s opened a restaurant down in the village to feed the tourists. the angry genius behind the bar insists he could make masterpieces, but these ignorant lizards only ever want french fries
- the man at the coat check compliments chapeau on his excellent taste, and they have a fascinating conversation about fashion standards. or at least, i mean, the coat check man nods significantly, and chapeau nods back, and that does the trick for both of them.
- there are two buskers singing and playing on a little electronic keyboard outside the castle, and cadenza tips them generously
- lefou and stanley aren’t at this. as soon as they realized they were in modern times they ran off to join Parisian pride week, so i don’t know what to tell you