Listen, I get that there are some issues with Andromeda. The first few hours of the game really feel like they’re trying to find their footing, which isn’t hard to understand - it must have been really hard and stressful to create a game that measures up to the trilogy.
But I’m really sick of the constant posts shitting all over the game and I’ve talked to lots of people who feel the same. It seems like a lot of people are worried about posting anything positive at all for fear or retribution.
So here, have a nice happy post about some of the AMAZING things about this game, which in my opinion totally holds up as a new addition to the series.
- Awesome hair animation. I’m totally in love with how natural the hair looks. It moves around, looks great, and flows naturally.
- The dialogue system. This is probably the first time in a video game that I actually feel like I can develop my own personality and have a truly unique OC. Plus, you can develop different relationships with different characters, which truly makes you feel invested in the world.
- The side quests. There are some fetch quests, sure, but I’ve never found them to be boring. They’re always grounded in a story. I find the quests to be meaningful and interesting and engaging.
- SQUAD MATES! This might be the first game where I absolutely adore every single person on your crew. The characters feel real and they all experience really touching character growth over the course of the game.
- FRIEND DATES!! Maybe my favourite detail that’s been added to this - the nice outings you get with your squad after you earn their loyalty. Every single one was so touching and I treasure those moments.
ALIEN SEXokay so I’m obviously biased on that one…
- Beautiful landscapes. I’ve come across some small landscape bugs, but in general each world feels unique and realistic. I love parking the Nomad on top of a hill and just admiring the scenery.
- THE NOMAD BANTER! They absolutely nailed the banter in this game, I’ve teared up a few times while listening. I love it when squadmates can help each other with things that you can’t because they have different experiences than you. It feels realistic and wonderful.
- Truly touching moments. I don’t want to say more for fear of spoiling anything, but I’ve cried so much at this game.
- RYDER. Holy lord in heaven I love Ryder. They’re so well-written and totally hold their own against Shepard. They experience character development over the course of the game, the voice acting is fantastic, and basically I just really love Ryder holy shit
Please feel free to add your own, I really love this game and I’d love to see more people focusing on the things that make it so incredible.
Also if you see this and absolutely need to be negative, please keep it far away and make your own post. I understand that people have complaints, but I’m 150% done with hearing about them.
Much love to my fellow Andromeda explorers!