ABC Family’s ‘Shadowhunters’
What we *know* so far
- The cast is quite literally perfection. I cannot fault Jonathan Clay Harris one bit; I am ecstatic about the racial diversity in the casting of Emeraude as Izzy and Isaiah as Luke, whatever anyone else thinks or says. The bottom line is, this brand new cast is so much better than that of the film.
- Contrary to initial rumours, the story will not be moved outside of New York City. Principal photography is, however, currently taking place in Toronto.
- McG is directing the pilot, entitled “The Mortal Cup.”
- The characters have been aged up by a couple of years, placing Clary at school graduation age.
- Clary is thinking of studying art in college and, at the start of the series, works as co-manager of her mother’s down town coffee house.
- Simon is still Clary’s best friend and is an accounting student and a part-time indie rock musician.
- Luke works as a homicide detective in Brooklyn. Don’t worry! He’s still a werewolf and still acts as a father figure to Clary.
- Magnus Bane owns the Pandemonium club where Clary first meets Jace.
- Madame Dorothea will feature more heavily in the series as a friend of Jocelyn.
- Raphael will be in it!
- The TV series will keep the basic premise of the novels, but will adapt the story for a new audience. This is not a bad thing, calm down. Us hardcore fans aren’t the only people the show is being made for, believe it or not. It’s a TV series first, an adaptation of the books second.
- There will be 13 episodes, however it is unknown how much of the story will be told per season.