ok let’s talk about six of crows. of the main characters alone there is:
- a physically disabled boy who suffers from severe PTSD
- a dark skinned middle eastern-coded girl who was a victim of sex trafficking but escaped and vowed revenge on all sex traffickers
- a bisexual-coded girl who is explicitly described as being larger and not stick-thin but is still described as beautiful, sexual, and incredibly powerful
- an explicitly bisexual dark skinned POC boy who ends up in a m/m relationship
- an explicitly gay boy who is looked down on by his family for severe reading and learning disabilities but who instead becomes and incredible scientist and musician
- and matthias
basically please read six of crows & crooked kingdom by leigh bardugo if you want your faith in the future of YA lit restored
So I really wanted to have a comic finished today, but I have one in the making that I’m really liking and didn’t wanna rush it, or separate it into parts. So have this Stardust Ruby Rose thing till I get back from vacation, and can upload a cute team STRQ comic!
Sidenote: Anyone think “Dust” in RWBY could be Star Dust? Idk what that would mean, but it sounds cute~!
Mean girls meets Stephen King in this teen horror. Sofia Flores is just trying to fit in at a new school, but the Devil has other plans. Drawn in by her new friends, she quickly finds herself in over her head in this haunting horror that will keep you up all night…and all the nights to follow.
How would you get rid of a murder weapon without causing suspicion? What if you found out the tattoo on your back was worth over a million dollars? Explore the answers to these questions and more in Roald Dahl’s darkly funny (and lightly spooky) short story collection.