Is there a thing Hinata does that’s not epic? Quite frankly the answer is no. There are so many moments and I’m sure I’m gonna end up leaving out so many of them, but these are my favorites:
1. “I’m Hinata Shōyō, and I sprouted from the concrete. I’m going to beat you and go to the nationals”. My son literally takes no shit, especially from Ushijima Wakatoshi. I clapped SO HARD. (plus Kageyama reaction here is everything)
2. The match point against Aoba Johsai. Simply the most iconic point ever scored, I think not even the last point against Shiratorizawa has been that intense. Not to mention Hinata’s face right after, he wasn’t even incredulous, he was just…proud. :’)
3. The feint. The epicness of this moment is painted on everyone’s face, even on Bokuto who was actually the one who taught him that move. I just ADORE it with my whole self.
4. Spiderman Hinata. Who…actually…does….something like this??? and acts like nothing happened??? like he didn’t just jump off a wall like that??? WHAT THE HELL HINATA
5. When he intentionally spiked at Oikawa. The fact that he didn’t even looked at the ball once while doing it its probably even more epic than the spike itself and than the fact that he purposefully smashed the ball right beside him…literally the fist time he met him. That definitely set up the mood…
How to deal with losing interest in your language class:
As a student in a higher-level French and who is self-studying two other languages, I know for a fact that taking a foreign language can get stressful and overwhelming. To learn a ton of grammar, humongous amounts of vocab, and to know how a mind in another culture works, it can get super hard sometimes. All that stuff that goes into learning a foreign language can make it super easy to get burnt-out. And we’ve all done it. Trust me. But, it’s okay, my dude. We’ve all been there. It sucks, but you’ll get over it. Here are some tips how:
i. take your time
Listen, my dudes, it can be so difficult to learn a foreign language and you should already be proud of yourself for doing so!! Even in a fast-paced class, you should take it slow and make sure you don’t beat yourself over not getting it in perfect time. Language takes practice, and sometimes we don’t get it as fast as we want it. it’s okay.
ii. ask questions/talk to the professor
Are you totally lost? Tell someone. It could be a classmate, a native speaker you’ve befriended, or your instructor. Either way, I highly recommend you talk to someone if you’re stuck on a specific concept or feel unmotivated. You sometimes need a boost from a study buddy in your target language.
iii. remember why you’re studying
My go-to method for when I’m having a bad day in French or I’m just not getting something is simple. I simply ask myself: “Why am I doing this?” No reason is not good enough for choosing to learn a specific language. Learning languages has its benefits and even if you just like the sound of it is reason enough to learn it! Trust me, I have no incentive for learning my target language. But I love it, and I refuse to give it up when it gets difficult.
iv. study on your own
To be honest, this is super super important anyway. You absolutely NEED to practice a language on your own, whether you feel like it or not. Without some practice, you’re going to feel completely lost in class sometimes. You can have fun with this too: take this time to familiarize yourself with the culture more. Personally, it’s always helpful to watch movies in French or listen to music in Spanish. I learn to enjoy my target language more and to have fun with it!
v. take a break
We all get unmotivated sometimes. Yeah, language learning takes a lot of work, but sometimes it helps to take a step back and refresh a little. Focus on other schoolwork or maybe find something new to occupy your time. Being burnt out on learning a language sucks, I know, but sometimes it’s best to ride the wave a little bit.
I LOVE THEIR FRIENDSHIP! They’re brotp goals, prepare for trouble and make it double, everything they do together is my favorite thing they do but let’s see:
1. Tanaka crying over Nishinoya’s bruises. This is always the first scene that comes to my mind when I think about them, mostly because I relate to Tanaka on a spiritual level. Nishinoya actually makes Tanaka cry over how badass and selfless that he is. Plus notice that here Tanaka calls him Noya-san, despite being not only from the same year, but being his best friend too. He respects him…so much. I cry too every time
2. Every time Tanaka lifts Nishinoya up. I adore the fact that they’re so physical and affectionate with each other. Out of all the boys, they’re the two that hug, touch and lean on the most. Plus this thing where Noya let’s Tanaka do all kind of things with his body gives me life. And the lifting thing is for sure my favorite one.
3. When they almost killed Tsukishima after his insane block. They have a thing for harassing him in general, but here they were just the most proud. Noya and Tanaka were the first of the team to go cheer on him after he did what’s probably the most iconic block of the Haikyuu history. And this shows that they do are the greatest dork that the world has ever seen, but they are the most supportive teammates ever too, always there and ready to acknowledge every single good thing and picking them up when they’re down. They just…show their affection in their own way, sometimes hitting, sometimes eating people alive too
4. Their special cheering dance. Precious both in anime and in real life
hello ! if it isn't too much trouble, could you compile a list of your absolute top 5 fics ? (that you've read so far) thank you !!!
Hey, friend! Thanks so much for this request! Disclaimer: THIS WAS SO HARD TO DO BECAUSE I LOVE SO MANY FICS! But if I have to narrow it down to just *gasps* 5 fics, then here they are! These aren’t in any particular order!
My Top 5 Victuuri Fics (So far!)
Until My Feet Bleed and My Heart Aches by Reiya, 147k (WIP) Rivals AU where Yuuri’s main goal, ever since he was a child, is to beat Victor and win the GPF. SO MUCH ANGST (like, so much) and deliciously hot, hot, hot! You might die from reading this… it’s that good. This is SO GOOD! Seriously, it’s better than most published novels I’ve read!!! I AM 1000000% TOO OBSESSED BUT I DON’T EVEN CARE IT’S SO AMAZINGSFLA
ebony & ivory by wbtrashking (fan_nerd), Explicit, 20k A little longer than your average one shot, but OH MY GOD THIS FIC IS AMAZING. Yuuri, a pianist, moves into a new apartment complex to play with the ASO. Not long after he starts practicing, he starts getting requests from his mysterious upstairs neighbour. THIS FIC CLEARED MY SKIN AND SAVED MY SOUL IT’S SO SO AMAZING
The Fundamentals of Caring by braveten, Explicit, 20k One of my favourite hurt/comfort fics! Yuuri comes down with a nasty cold and Victor tries to take care of him the best that he can. Full of hilariously delusional Yuuri, caring Victor, and ALL THE FLUFF! So cute, definitely recommend! LOOOOOVE!!!
Amateur or Expert? by Watermelonsmellinfellon, Teen, 1.9k AU where Yuuri is a ice skating instructor and Victor is thirsty for him and will do whatever it takes for Yuuri to get to know him. Even if that means pretending to not know how to skate at all, even though he’s a five-time world champion. VERY cute, lots of fluff, and Victor is hilarious in this. I CAN’T STOP SCREAMING!
all the world’s a stage by braveten, Explicit, 112k AU where Victor is the the most famous actor in Hollywood and Yuuri is a silver medalist at this year’s GPF… and also has a huge crush on Victor. Yuuri auditions to become his skating coach for a movie with the help of Pitchit and cuteness ensues. Fun, great writing, good plot. Lots of fluff, some angst, and a little bit of smut. SO FREAKIN’ GOOD ASHDGALSJFHGSJ
Everyone’s into this scene because it’s supposedly the thing to do right now. But you just can’t fake being gay. You know, if you’re gonna claim that you’re gay you’re gonna have to make love in gay style, and most of these kids just aren’t going to make it. That line, ‘Everybody’s bisexual’, that’s a very popular thing to say right now. Personally, I think it’s meaningless.
top 5 accurately portrayed characters in the hq stage play
RIP this is so hard because I think they did an incredible job for the cast in the stage play, they all fit their characters so well!
1. Asuma Kosuke as Oikawa. This is a match made in heaven, I think that even searching in the whole world it would have been impossible to find an even more perfect Oikawa! He’s mesmerizing to watch.
2. Kimura Tatsunari as Kageyama. He can go from intimidating to a giggling mess in 0,002 seconds, his “Hinata boke!!!” are already legendary, he can pull off the “death glare” as well as all Kageyama’s dorky moments. Also he’s beautiful, as much as our blueberry is
3. Suga Kenta as Hinata. The more I look at him and the more their resemblance is undeniable. He’s an adorable ball of sunshine that has all the intensity and personality that Hinata has.
4. Kosaka Ryoutarou as Tsukishima. Physically, it’s another great match, but the thing that I like the most about him is his striking difference in personality. While portraying a character often cold and detached, in reality the guy is a tol emotional bean that always ends up sobbing during the curtain call…that’s actually the sweetest thing to see <3
5. Shiota Kohei as Tanaka. His acting skills and stage presence are impressive. He steals the show every time he steps on the scene, he’s loud, extra, funny, and impossible to look away from…he’s basically the living embodiment of our Tanaka
- bonus: Tanaka Keita as Sawamura Daichi. He’ll be forever my favorite Daichi <3 (same Suga, same)
I’m doing top 5 requests of different CAS items, so send them in, I’m posting these as I manage to do them! Hope you like my favourite maxis match cc pieces! Please comment down your favourite maxis match shirts! These are my top 4 patterned shirts, hope you like these! c:
My picks for Gray-Card’s Year End Top 5 Photo Extravaganza!
Every year I ask my wife to choose for me, but this time I set some conditions and made the selection myself. I chose only photos made in Madrid, in color, and only reflections, because these are my main photographic obsessions. Hope you all enjoy them. Happy holidays and happy new year!
Oooooh well. This gonna be a good (and probably very obvious) one.
1. BOKUTO AND OIKAWA. LISTEN. L I S T E N. I live and breath Bokuoi, they are the shape of my soul, my sun and stars, the light of my life, my one true guilty pleasure, my ultimate rare pair, I’ll give up everything for them ok???? #1 is not even enough, they’re in a league of their own and honestly this top 5 should be only Bokuto and Oikawa in all the 5 places because I’ll legit pay money to see them interact I just…need this so badly, it’s my only wish. No one could ever compare to them ok I love them so much !!!!!!!!!
2. Kuroo and Oikawa. This could be the greatest power friendship that world has ever seen or a complete train wreck. I honestly have a weakness for the first, let the Tokyo-Miyagi axis rise! They would simply JUDGE EXTRA HARD everyone, have a shit ton of inside jokes, pull the lamest pranks and talk about hair products 24/7. Salty, sassy, snaky, together they are just PERFECT
3. Bokuto and Kenma. Oh, I have a huge soft spot for this one. I’m genuinely curious of what they think of each other, if they enjoy each other company, if they ever talk to each other. I feel like they could get along really well, even surprisingly so. Bokuto is surely loud, but I think that Kenma would find his built quite comforting, almost a safe place to hide. Also whenever Kuroo and Kenma fight, I’m sure that Bokuto ALWAYS takes Kenma’s side. Idk I’m so weak for Bokuto being all protective with him and Kenma letting himself be protected by him <3
4. The captain squad. OF COURSE. We all read national hod dad alliance (if you haven’t please do, it’s a fandom classic) and seeing Bokuto, Oikawa, Kuroo, Daichi and Ushijima interacting all together would be the ultimate blessing. @Furudate….please….I’m begging you. But, in the meantime…COLLEGE AU, COLLEGE AU, COLLEGE AU!!!!!!
5. The next gen captain squad. Have you ever read fresh or something? Well, DO. Ennoshita, Yahaba, Akaashi, Shirabu, Terushima, Futakichi…all together are an explosive match. In the fic they organize a little day of tournament together and, honestly??? YES PLEASE ???? This is the most competitive and sassiest generation of captains ever, I’m sure their interactions would be LIT AF (also I low key ship some of them but that’s another story)
I’m doing top 5 requests of different CAS items, so send them in, I’m posting these as I manage to do them! Hope you like my favourite maxis match cc pieces! Please comment down your favourite maxis match hairs! This is a @simsulfurtrash edition, so go check her creations out! Theses three are my favourite ones!
Thought I’d participate in Gray-Card’s Year End Top 5 Photo Extravaganza this year. I’ve not done one of these before but I’m really pleased with how my photography has developed (no pun intended!) in 2017. A huge thank you to all my followers for your support!