Yeah, I’m basically spamming a lot of Koe No Katachi because it was so beautiful. I enjoyed it more than Kimi no Nawa honestly, but that’s only because I prefer more symbolic genres and more mellowed down animations, and KyoAni never disappoints me in their beautiful animation. This movie needs more recognition, it’s too realistic of a movie to ignore.
If you like movies where the main characters develops a lot, watch it. Watch Koe No Katachi, aka A Silent Voice.
1. FLCL I probably listen to the sound track once a week, and it was the first soundtrack I downloaded on dialup.
2. Evangelion is one of the best anime series ever, and I don’t mean that in an edgelord look at this cross symbolism kind of way. I mean that in a peeled raw, humans and vulnerability kind of way.
3. Cowboy Bebop: so my parents just got divorced. Mom got cable for the first time ever. Adult swim’s saturday night anime night was everything. Faye was a female chara I’d never seen before in fiction. The detailed storylines and music blew me away. I’ve seen this series probably more than any other series and I love it.
4. Yuri on Ice has to make the list simply because in addition to being damn good in so many ways it has helped me maintain passion when I thought I had none left, helped me “meet” a lot of people, and made me think about what I want out of life in general.
5. Mobile Suit Gundam I’m low key a robot fool, and this series is so fucking genre defining. Super extra flawed but shit, I love it. Which is funny cause when I saw it on Adult Swim saturdays I fucking hated it.