It’s been years since I do a digital art. I always try to do traditional art but yeah.. I got bored and do this instead. I do enjoy watching Jack’s gameplay of Dream Daddy 💕 and yeah it’s been months also since I’ve watch youtube. But Anyway! just made a fan art of Jacksepticeye wearing the Dream Daddy crop top ✨
What I used:
- Sketchpad , Pencil and eraser , phone , laptop , SAI tool paint , Photoshop CS3 , mouse , imagination , more jacksepticeye.
Also making this art , I was also inspired by Challa which his video on how to make art using a mouse. Lol thanks Challa.
I actually really liked how this turned out, despite my difficulty grasping digital media. I mean… I basically just paint and it takes forever. I feel like I’m finally learning some new things, though!
26. For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop CS3 (yep, hella old) for any additional effects like animation o u o / I’m also competent in Illustrator too, but I only ever use that for work.
27. For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
Holy shit, depends on what I’m doing lol. Basic black/brown and white sketch is usually about 3? Base/rough sketch, two layers for line art (before merging), and then any extra shading.
Colour work, uh… I’d rather not think about it. Probably less than 90, I should hope o n o ;;;
28. For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
I use a mix of pens and HB/mech pencils, cos that’s generally what’s available to me at the time. I don’t really do traditional unless it’s doodling on notes or I’m away from my laptop.
29. For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
I don’t think I’ve done a big traditional piece since secondary school, whoa. If I were to do one, it’d probably be acrylic or watercolour paint. (Though I like gouache too!) Light sketch in hard lead pencil, then paint over.
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Pride and crippling anxiety. Recognition and validation from friends and strangers is fab and all, but I mainly make art simply for the fact that no one else can pull the images out my head but me. Hell, even I have a hard time doing that right too! That second part is what pushes me to better my art (as well as that voice in my head telling me that if I don’t try, I’ll just get worse).