One thing nobody teaches you is how politicised being disabled is. Your whole existence being called a waste of resources. Your whole worth being boiled down to whether you can work. If you can, you’re not disabled and get nothing. If you’re not, you’re lazy and deserve nothing.
Accessibility is seen as a burden and us demanding too much like the greedy people they claim us to be. No handouts! No Handouts! We are invisible and subhuman. We are the other. We are portrayed as burdens to society for simply wanting to exist in the world as they do.
The ability to live week to week is constantly in jeopardy. Lost jobs from sick days. Rising costs of medical care and accommodations. Your government assistance becomes a talking point and a target. People rallying for you to starve instead of paying any taxes to your care. One day your means to live just disappears without fanfare or your input. ‘Austerity measures’ being levied on us for being ‘leeches’. They might not kill us directly but they don’t care about leaving us to die.
Right to die advocates fighting valiantly for euthanasia but doing nothing about disability rights. Nothing about accommodations. Nothing about accessibility. Nothing about subsidies or in home care. They’d rather give us the ability to die than allow us to live. Because we are tragedies.
I mean disagree if you must I don’t really care aha. I’ll try to add more when I think of them, just wanted to get this out since I said I would write a list. I got lazy on why I think these things and kinda had a moment where I went “wait why am I even explaining myself. I don’t give that much of a fuck to explain myself.” so yeah. Enjoy.
1)Sherlock Holmes – Why you ask? Because Sherlock is just
too cynical to be from any other house. A lot of people think he’s a ravenclaw
(which he could be!) but nah I don’t believe so. Sure Sherlock is smart AF but
he’s not like other smart people. He’s cunning and clever and just so Slytherin
it hurts. (SIDENOTE*** I do believe that brave John Watson is in fact a
Gryffindor. But he’s more like “aye that’s my favorite Gryffindor, John!” than “Ew
Gryffindors” ya feel?)
2)Kayne West- Do I really gotta go over this? Sorta obvious.
3)Jim Halpert-100% Slytherin. Well maybe 98% but close
enough. His constant pranks on Dwight (who is arguably a Gryffindor) is just so
… Slytherin? Aha sorry but I don’t even have the patience to argue this, it’s
set in stone in my mind.
4)Doctor Gregory House-This is another one of those that
doesn’t need explanation.
5)Mare Barrow (Red Queen Series)- I don’t know what it is
about her… But Mare just reminds me of a Slytherin. Just something about her is
so badass ya feel me?
6)Robert Downey Jr.- I’m not sure if I have to explain this
one because come on :’)
7)Ariana Grande- Not a big fan of her, but she’s just very
like mean girl Slytherin (even though I know she’s probably a very sweet girl,
just like the way she looks makes me think of like a mean girl lmao)
8)Hugh Jackman- Totally. Couldn’t see him in any other
11)Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier- There is just something
about him that is so Slytherin (you could probably argue Gryffindor as well…
12)Jyn Erso- I’m a multi fandom nerd and I 100% am so for
this. Jyn is such a strong lead character that takes no shit.
13)Princess Leia- Completely and totally a Slytherin.
14)Zuko (Avatar the Last Airbender)- I know this doesn’t
help the whole “villains are not Slytherin!!” but like he gets a redemption at
the end (sort of last season). So to me he’s like a good mix of “bad” and “good”
15)Lestat De Lioncourt (The Vampire Chronicles)- He’s a mess
and that’s amazing. Also he’s kind of the stupid (he’s not stupid I know but he’s
just like… a dumb blond which I find hilarious) mean Slytherin.
16)Louis Tomlinson- Louis William Tomlinson is for sure a
Slytherin. He’s just like the popular outgoing kind of Slytherin (they exist
lmao), but he can just be so savage/sassy.
17)Anne Boleyn- Fucking queen (literally and just as an
adjective) as fuck. She’s especially boss and Slytherin-y in The Tudors.
so sometimes I’m just sitting around being lazy, watching tv or getting distracted by internet things, or I’ve eaten too much or I’ve just had a super long day. and sometimes I’m even aware of how much of a blob I am being, I’m sure this happens to other people, too. anyways I wanted to share this little list to motivate me/others to stop being a blob:
1. very very first thing. shut off your internet. put all the tv and stuff out of reach. this is really important, but you will feel 100% better afterwards.
3. uncover your windows, let natural light filter in. if you can/want to open them, that’s also fantastic. it really helps lighten your mood, always makes me feel more connected with the rest of the world.
2. put on some music. it’s ok to use your phone/computer for this, but remember to just keep it away from arm’s reach. also, you can use whatever music you’d like, but I suggest something soft, like Frank Sinatra or Beegie Adair or Jack Johnson.
3. take a walk. look at the colors and plants people surround themselves with. pick out houses/buildings you like. look at the sky, listen to what’s going on around you. I don’t generally listen to music for this because I like to feel grounded when I walk, but if you’re more of a song person that’s okay, too. it’s really easy to forget how long it’s been since you’ve had some fresh air.
4. take a bath. if it’s hot out, turn on a fan and cool down the room so you’re all cosy in the water, put in some bubbles and scents. grab a book or magazine. exfoliate, do your nails, put on a face mask. throw yourself a little spa day. when you get out, put on lotion, put on new underwear and soft, comfy clothing.
5. make your favourite cup of tea or coffee, or maybe pour yourself some lemonade or just cold water is fine too.
6. go sit in a common area of your house, like a living room or dining table. if you’re not home alone and don’t want to be bothered, gently voice it to the people around you or go sit somewhere else where you feel comfortable and relaxed. just get out of the same walls, find a change of scenery. you could even leave and go to a café or a park if you’d like.
7. do some writing/doodling. whenever this happens, I always like to use a spare piece of printer paper or something not connected to a notebook so I’m less attached to it and less likely to care about the way it looks. let the pen do its own thing, don’t worry about messing up. if you feel that you’re getting frustrated, step away and do something else.
8. make some lists. this is one of my favourite pastimes. list nice things that you’ve seen recently that you think you’ll forget later on. list little details of your dreams, list things you want to do in your favourite season, list recipes you’d like to try. the possibilities are endless.
9. cook/bake something. important reminders—if you don’t find this relaxing, don’t do it!! find another hobby that you love where you can enjoy doing something productive. also, even if you’re making something fantastic, be sure not to snack too much or overeat (I’m very prone to this). you could also make something for a friend or a neighbour!! people always enjoy a heartfelt craft made by someone who cares.
10. catch up with an old friend or family member. ask them out for coffee or something, it’s always nice to talk. trust me, they will very much appreciate you reaching out.
11. write a letter to someone. you do not have to send it.
12. go to a park and look at the flowers or sit in the grass. grab a sketchbook, some sudoku, a book, a puzzle, your thoughts, or anything else you could tinker with while enjoying the fresh air. something to make your brain work a little.
there’s more, of course, but this is all I can really come up with at the moment—I hope it works! now get off that web and have a good time!!
You and Jay were laying on the couch, facing each other on opposite sides on the couch. Jay had recently came back from touring and you too were having a lazy. Jay was doing last minute stuff on his phone and computer and you were playing with Oscar and P.J on your lap.
While playing with both of them an idea pops into your head.
You look at Jay and see he’s totally enveloped in what’s going on his computer, typing away.
You unlock your phone and open snapchat and bring up the puppy filter. You flip the camera so that it’s facing Jay and zoom in on his face. You pretend that your taking a selfie of yourself so that he doesn’t get suspicious.
“Hey Jay” you call out to him.
“Whats up baby girl?” He asks eyes glued still to the computer.
“Babe look at me ” you said still pretending that your looking at yourself on your phone.
Jay looks up and the cute puppy ears and nose appears on your boyfriends face. You giggle silently at how cute he looks.
“Whats wrong baby?” He asks, licking his lips, wondering why your giggling.
“Say aaaaah” you say to him. Only to get a weird look from your boyfriend.
“What baby” he says and the cute tongue comes causing you to laugh and “awe” at how cute your boyfriend looks. The video stops and you look at it and laugh at how cute he looks.
“Whats so funny?” “What are you watching babe?” Jay said wondering about your recent demand.
“What? Oh nothing babe” you say. Jay looks at you and gets up from his spot and walks to you. You hide your phone before Jay can see the video you did of him.
“What is that ” he says tackling you. You laugh at your boyfriend and give up on your attempts of not showing him
“Ugh, fine ” you say showing him the video. Jay looks at it dumbfounded.
“Delete it” he says with a smirk on his face.
“Why it’s so cute ” you say to him pouting.
“I will never hear the end of it if one of the guys sees me with that puppy thing ”
“Whatever it’s called ” “ You can’t post it.”
You pout even more. “Can I at least save the video, just for my eyes to see.” You ask adding puppy eyes to your pout.
He groans “fine.” “But only for your eyes got me?”
“I got it” you say laughing.
LATER THAT DAY:
“BAAAAAAAAABBBBBEEE” you hear Jay yell all the way from your spot in the kitchen.
“JAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY” you scream back and look up from your phone to see your boyfriend.
“Oh hey ” you say smiling at him.
“So guess who just called me?” Jay asked.
“Wha- No Cha Cha did, and guess what he said”
“ He said you have pretty eyes”
“I wish. but no he didn’t, he said I looked cute with that GODDAMN PUPPY FILTER VIDEO YOU TOOK OF ME ON SNAPCHAT.”
You looked at Jay trying to hold back a laugh.
“I thought you said you deleted it?” He said to you.
“I was trying to but when I went to save it my finger accidentally pressed the “add to story” button.“
"Then why didn’t you delete it?”
“I was but you looked so cute I watched it over and over again and I forgot to delete it”
He looked at you dumbfounded. You tried in all your power not to laugh.
“How many people have seen this video?”
You thought for a moment. “Everyone”
He sighed. “Just great”
You wrapped your hands around your boyfriends neck.
“At least you looked hella cute” you said with your hands in his hair.
He wrapped his arms around you and kissed you while squeezing your butt.
“You’re sooooo lucky I love you” he says kissing you again giving your butt another squeeze.
“And I love you, my little puppy” you said kissing his cheek, giggling.
“Aaaaaaaaaand you ruined it” he said shaking his head and walking away, laughing, leaving you there on the kitchen floor laughing hysterically.
- Junk food binging on the couch, complete with very passionate explanations of how each of your favorite chocolate bar brands are by far the most superior
- Giving each other “when can we go home” looks at formal events
- Ignis dropping him off at your place with a look of concern
- Picnics in the middle of the woods
- Lazy days in together, to the point of people wondering where you guys are
- You leaving passive aggressive post-it notes about him not doing chores, him leaving passive aggressive post-it notes about you leaving passive aggressive post-it notes
- Fishing trips that turn into contests over who can get the bigger catch. He loves you but this means war
- Teleporting instead of walking
- Except late at night. Then you go on too many walks, but it never feels like work
- Finding new rooms in the palace to make out in
- Seemingly random, extravagant surprises that leave you like “oh right, I’m dating a prince”
- Kissing him in public and highlighting the prince’s blushing, shy potato self
- Stargazing on clear nights, either on the grass or a high balcony
- Noctis being a little overprotective towards you, trying and failing to hide it but meaning well
- Biting and hickies, which prompto always teases you about but hey, you play along
- Endless amounts of sass
- Long cuddle sessions between naps, when he’s his most affectionate
So….. Shinguuji has a human fetish (there’s really no other way to describe it and I’ll explain why in a second.)
[Translation taken from @jinjojess‘s reading of Famitsu because I’m sick + too lazy to do my own]
“In order to study folklore, he has visited various areas and met with many people. From that experience, he has formed a pet theory of “humanity’s unlimited beauty.””
So…I have an interest in it. I wonder what kind of beauty humans will display under these trying circumstances.
It might make him come across as creepy (kind of.) But I don’t know about you–I’m thoroughly excited, and twice as interested in his character as I was before.
Because he reminds me of someone specific–someone who has been one of my favorite characters for years, and one of the most well-written characters that I’ve seen. So if they’re hinting at Shinguuji getting the same depth + God complex, sign me up.
Let me talk to you a sec about what of my favorite anime/manga/light novels, Durararara–the other anime with the human fetishist, Izaya Orihara.
Orihara is the staple character of Durarara. He isn’t the main, but he has a strong presence.
He’s always present because, like he says, he loves humans. They’re interesting to him, so he wants to see how they interact (this is where the God complex comes in.)
His main role is to constantly create conflict–not just for the main character, but everyone. He’s not an antagonist, and doesn’t do it because he hates people.
He does it because he loves people and wants to see how they react to every fucked up situation that he puts them through.
When someone exceeds his expectations, he gets really excited. Not in this ‘maniacal evil laughter’ type of way. It’s really giddy and almost childish. He really means it, he loves humans.
A character like this is obviously dangerous–fun to watch, definitely, but dangerous.
I have to wonder if Shinguuji is going to be like Orihara–whereas he’ll directly try to manipulate people into killing each other, or cause other conflicts.
This comparison is kind of funny to me, because I made a similar comparison before of how Kokichi Ouma reminds be of Aoba Kuronuma (another character from Durarara with Ouma’s personality, who is referred to in the fandom as Izaya 2.0 sometimes.)
So perhaps Ouma and Shinguuji will have a conflict?
I came across Pewdiepie’s sneak peek playthrough of The Last Guardian, and this game is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life??? To be honest, I’m not much of a gamer (mostly for money and time reasons), but man I wish I could find a way to play this when it comes out. Watching those 20 minutes almost made me cry, it’s so lovely…