- the first time someone knocks richie’s glasses off his face eddie comes after the little shits with the vengeance of an asmathic boy with an eerie capability to wield his inhaler lethally
- “you just don’t fuck with eddie kaspbrak.” the rumours kiss the hallways of Derry High, his blue inhaler like a beacon of fear in his freckled, tan hand.
- richie tozier once burned the soles off a bully’s shoes using his eyeglasses and the sunlight.
- “he’s fucking ingenious,” one girl says, her glasses glinting on her face. she’s glad richie tozier showed those overgrown assholes what glasses can do
- eddie can’t run fifteen feet without wheezing like someone’s force choking his lungs
- to combat this, he hitches a ride on richie’s back when they’re running away from bullies. it’s oddly romantic.
- richie actually doesn’t know how to tell eddie he likes him (properly, that is. he was supposed to ask ben) so he just… tells him… and then nods… makes a dick joke… and runs away
- eddie sighs and sticks “i ❤️ u too idiot” on richie’s bike
- do not tell anyone. but richie put that shit in a time capsule to commemorate. he hopes someone will find it and know of his and eddie’s love
- he buys
rips eddie sunflowers from the denbrough’s garden
- eddie of course knows where he got them from and returned it to mrs denbrough
- he tells richie to “try again,”
- to woo richie’s mother into letting him date her son, he bought her pies and promised to not let eddie run around without his two fanny packs (jokes on her eddie already does that)
- eddie makes richie wear the second fanny pack “its bad for my hips, richie. share the weight.”
- he dutifully carries the fannypack. why? because he fucking loves eddie kaspbrak, even if that means carting around a fanny pack
- every time richie comes into the pharmacy without eddie, the pharmacist just goes “?” and richie nods. he knows. the people of derry know. he’s whipped for eddie kaspbrak. he wears this like a badge
(i might add to this. why am i doing this while in class)