early tony predictions
- Dear Evan Hansen gets 8-9 nominations, wins most.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory gets maybe one. Die-hard Christian Borle fans cry and call the Tony Awards “fake”
- Natasha, Pierre… wins most design awards and Rachel Chavkin gets a nod for directing and the downtown theater scenes goes “WOOOO!”
- Groundhog Day is that show that gets nominated for a lot of stuff but wins nothing but no one’s too upset about it
- Patti gets nominated for “War Paint” but Christine does not
- In Transit, Holiday Inn, Paramour, and Cats get maybe 1-2 nominations. Their fans cry. Everyone else is really really okay with it.
- Come From Away gets enough nominations to keep it open
- Do Amelie and Bandstand even exist? Why open so late?