Hey everyone! So I’ve kinda been on hiatus for a while (sorry!) but that’s because these exams have been driving me crazy :) so, without further ado, here’s another installment of the FicBites series!
At a concert
Zach: best person ever to go with because he’s so tall, you can sit on his shoulders and get a 100% unobstructed view of the stage. He’s also super supportive and takes 367 pictures of your cute outfit, even after complaining about his phone’s storage being full.
Justin: you guys had to get the bus there but halfway there it breaks down and you realize you are never gonna get to the concert in time. You’re both upset initially, especially Justin bc he really wanted to make you happy, but you two end up finding a deserted path somewhere and just sitting down, looking at the stars and drinking cold Cokes, listening to the band’s songs on your phone. You don’t talk but it’s a comfortable silence, the kind where you’re entirely at home with each other (this one is by far my favorite!!)
Alex: only goes for super obscure indie band concert, calls everything else “commercialized pop”, really fun when you get there because you realize the music is actually good and because it’s so unknown the stage isn’t mobbed either, knows one of the singers because he used to have band with him in middle school and gets you backstage so you can just hang with them
Tyler: takes pictures the whole time and then tries to sneak backstage, claiming to be “an artist of the lens”. Needless to say gets kicked out ASAP
Marcus: pretends to be wayyyy more important than he is and tells backstage security that he’s really influential. they don’t care
Ryan: actually knows people and is chilling with the biggest people of the industry by the side because he’s just like that
Clay: is really cute because it’s his favorite band and he’s really excited :) wears band merch even through he feels like a dork, buys you both root beer which you drink while talking about deep philosophical stuff under the stars just listening to the music late at night
Jeff: Really sweet because he’s that Instagram boyfriend who takes really cute selfies with you and buys you rainbow cotton candy and lets you sit on his shoulders when you can’t see. Gives you his oversized denim jacket when you get cold and tells you you look really cute in it:
Montgomery: takes 5 billion selfies and walks around for a solid 50 minutes looking for good lighting. is disappointed that he couldn’t get with any models
Tony: you drive home in his car, get roadside waffles on the way, you fall asleep on the way so he covers you up with his jacket and just laughs
Inbox is empty! I’m going to head to bed, seeing as it’s 2 AM, but send in requests for me to answer in the morning, loves! I’ll also be working on that big project for you guys which will be up soon, I’m very excited about it, I think you guys are gonna love it. But in the meantime, send in your requests!
What she means:
JEFF ATKINS WAS JUST A SIMPLE, PURE TEENAGE BOY WHO ENJOYED THE SIMPLE THINGS. SURE, HE HAD SLIGHT PUNCTUATION PROBLEMS AND SURE, HE DIDN'T ALWAYS USE RELIABLE SOURCES FOR SCHOOL PROJECTS. BUT HE WANTED THE BEST FOR HIS BEST FRIEND.HE WANTED TO IMPROVE HIS GRADES. HE WANTED TO HELP CLAY GET THE GIRL. HE WANTED TO PLAY BASEBALL. THE GORGEOUS LATINO DIDN'T DESERVE IT! SAY IT WITH ME: JEFF ATKINS DESERVED BETTER JEFF ATKINS DESERVED BETTER JEFF ATKINS DESERVED BETTER JEFF ATKINS DESERVED BETTER JEFF ATKINS DESERVED BETTER JEFF ATKINS DESER-
I made a playlist for a few characters from 13 reasons why. Not all of them have 13 tracks, but I tried my best lol. Feel free to add on / edit, but give credit :))
Better than me - The brobecks
All of the drugs - The brobecks
Make me wanna die - the pretty reckless
The cold - exitmusic
Time to say goodbye - twenty one pilots
Breathe me - Sia
When the story ends (piano) - the fray
Nothing - the script
Unsteady - X Ambassadors
Goner - Twenty one pilots
You found me - The fray
I gave you all - Mumford and sons
Empty - the click five
Get on the road - tired pony
Always on my mind - Elvis
If I could fly - one direction
Love you all along - La strada
All I want - kodaline
Turning page - sleeping at last
Angel - theory of a dead man
Johnny boy - twenty one pilots
I found - amber run
Talking to the moon - Bruno Mars
Six feet under - Billie Eilish
Hurts like hell - Fleurie
Terrible love - birdy
She’s so mean - matchbox twenty
Primadonna girl - marina and the diamonds
When you were young - the killers
You’re such a - Hailee Steinfeld
All the boys- panic! at the disco
Down - Jason walker
You don’t own me - Grace ft. G-eazy
When you’re gone - Avril Lavigne
Never say never - the fray
Photograph - ed Sheeran
Oceans - Seafret
Total eclipse of the heart - sleeping at last
Lovesick fool - the cab
My life - billy joel
Gotta get away - the black keys
How could I have known - Keaton Henson
Six degrees of separation - the script
Not over you - Gavin DeGraw
If you’re gone - matchbox twenty
Breaking inside - shinedown
Jet black heart - 5 seconds of summer
Heartless - the fray
Look after you - the fray
Screen - twenty one pilots
Blue - troye sivan ft. Alex hope
Call me - shinedown
Broken - Lund
Golden - fall out boy
Teenage dirt bag - Wheatus
What a catch, donnie - fall out boy
How’s it gonna be - third eye blind
Yellow - coldplay
Truce - twenty one pilots
Not about angels - birdy
This is gospel (piano) - panic! At the disco
Drown - bring me the horizon
Better than me - hinder
21 guns - Green day
The funeral - band of horses
Bulletproof heart - my chemical romance
Dirty little secret - the all American rejects
Take care - Beach house
Don’t dream it’s over - crowded house
Ends of the earth - lord Huron
The scientist - coldplay
Lullaby - nickelback
Build a home - the cinematic orchestra
Mercury - sleeping at last
How to save a life - the fray
Rewind - Paolo Nutini
Fake your death - my chemical romance
Heroes - David Bowie
Same mistake - James Blunt
Don’t like you anymore - the brobecks
Ghosts that we knew - Mumford and sons
Sleeping pills - the brobecks
I’m not okay - my chemical romance
Taken by sleep - Tyler joseph
Cut the cord - shinedown
Semiautomatic - twenty one pilots
Mr. Brightside - the killers
Bully - shinedown
Gives you hell - the all American rejects
I will follow you - Tolouse
Reject - shinedown
Teenagers - my chemical romance
Saturn - sleeping at last
If I die young - the band perry
Far too young to die - panic! at the disco
Losing your memory - ryan star
Far away - nickelback
Kissed a girl - katy perry
Secret love song - little mix
You’ve got to hide your love - Brian Epstein
1. Such an important story to tell that happens to teenagers every day all over the world
2. The show does not shy away from important yet difficult to handle topics
3. Self harm, suicide and mental illness are not romanticized which is sadly still often the case in a lot of tv shows
4. The characters are so diverse !!
5. LGBT REPRESENTATION !!
6. The characters are very real, you might hate some of them but still sympathize with them on another level
7. All the important character on the show get actual screentime
8. The show shows how important it is for a school to be involved with their students and to have proper policies and consequences when it comes to bullying and harassment
9. The show really shows how something that seems small can have a major impact one someone’s life and how that can lead them downwards a dark vicious spiral
10. The show doesn’t shy away from the portayal of suic*de and r*pe, not for a schock effect but to show how horrible these acts and their effects afterwards are.(trigger warnings are shown before these particular episodes start!!)
11. The show really excelled in bringing the show to life from page to screen in such a way that you can really relate to these characters even though not all of them are good .
12. 13 reasons why is so different from other shows and stories as it isn’t really a love story or a story that starts sad and end happily ever after but it is instead a story that starts sad and stays sad but is not less if not more intriguing than your average young adult tv show.
13. And lastly 13 reasons why portrays not just the story of one person but the story of a community and how quickly everything within affects one another, it doesn’t just tell a story of bad guys and good guys but of actual people who’ve made both good and bad decisions in their lives.
-Tony says “it’s what Hannah wanted”
-Clay’s mom freaks the fuck out
-Courtney pretends to be nice
-Tyler says “it’s for the yearbook”
-Clay wears the same grey or blue hoodies
-Alex picks a fight he clearly can’t win/finish
-Hannah, Jessica, Clay, Alex or Tony go to Monet’s
-Hannah ends up opening up to someone who fucks her over
-Clay refuses to listen to the tapes
-Zach says some dumb shit
-Justin says “let’s take care of him” or anything along those lines
-Jeff meddles in Clay’s love life
-any of them wear the blue varsity Tiger’s jacket
1. Hannah 3/10, She was hurting, but sadly pushed away the people that could have helped her.
2. Clay 2/10, Can act irrationally because of his emotions and will do/say dumb stuff, but ultimately has a good heart.
3. Tony 3/10, Extremely patient with lil ole Clay, does come off as a lil bit condescending, but means well.
4. Jessica 5/10, She slapped Hannah and bam, friendship over, but she still kept an eye on her and was generally pleasant towards her.
5. Justin 7/10, LOOK, I’m not excusing what he did, but he DID ultimately realize he was wrong to keep the secret from Jess and cut off Bryce completely. Also, no kid deserves the home life he has.
6. Bryce 10000000000000/10, This lil fucker can rot in hell. He’s the one who started it all and HE NEEDS TO GO DOWN.
7. Alex 6/10, What he did probably didn’t seem like a big deal to him, but it enabled other guys to treat Hannah like an object, not a person. At least he had the decency to feel horrible about it. (also I hope he’s ok).
8. Zach 6/10, He was trying to be nice to Hannah, but she shot him down, and he did not take that well. Like Alex, at least he had the decency to feel bad and I’m glad we get to hear why he didn’t say anything.
9. Tyler 8/10, WHAT THE FUCK. DON’T STALK PEOPLE, IT’S THAT SIMPLE CREEP.
10. Sheri 7/10, Honestly, the only reason it’s so high is because of poor Jeff. Otherwise, she did come clean and tried to make amends and was generally a kind person. I feel like Hannah just couldn’t handle keeping a secret that awful.
11. Courtney 9/10, What she did wasn’t the worst by far, but how she handled everything after was horrendous, just because she wasn’t comfortable in her own skin.
12. Ryan 9/10, Same as Courtney. His crime wasn’t that terrible, but I hate how he never felt bad about it AT ALL and just kept going around like he was so entitled.
13. Marcus 9/10 Same as the above two. These 3 were a series of shitty moments, but the way they handled the aftermath was just disgusting.
14. Skye 3/10, Not on the tapes or even associated with Hannah, but pretty prevalent in Clay’s life. She’s tough and rude, but luckily lets Clay in. Very happy they rekindled their friendship.
15. Jeff -10000000/10, THE SWEETEST HUMAN BEING ON THE ENTIRE GODDAMN SHOW. DID NOT DESERVE WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. HE JUST WANTED TO HELP HIS NERDY FRIEND LIVE LIFE
Whether you like Hannah or don’t like Hannah,
Whether you think Justin can or cannot be redeemed,
Whether you think Clay took too long or just enough time to listen to the tapes,
There are two things everyone can agree on:
1. Bryce is a walking piece of trash
2. Jeff deserved better