Mr. Townson's Top Thirty
Mr. Townson, the wonderful APUSH god who has a history of 100% pass rates, has given the gospel of APUSH to his people. Here are Townson’s top 30 things that will certainly be on the test (some of these are more than one thing, but they’re related topics), followed by his top picks for what the essays will be.
- Spanish, French, English Exploration and Settlement
- Bacon’s Rebellion
- Half-Way Covenant & First Great Awakening
- Proclamation of 1763
- Articles of Confederation & Shay’s Rebellion
- Compromises in the Constitution
- Washington’s Farewell Address
- Alexander Hamilton’s Financial Plan
- Marbury vs. Madison
- Missouri Compromise
- Nullification Crisis
- William Lloyd Garrison
- Manifest Destiny
- Compromise of 1850
- Kansas-Nebraska Act
- Radical Reconstruction
- The Gilded Age
- The Lost Generation
- The New Deal & Court Packing
- The Cold War
- Conformity in the 1950s and Levittown, NJ
- Civil Rights Leaders
- Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- Nixon Doctrine/Vietnamization
- Camp David Accords
Townson’s Top Essay Picks
- Early America (pre-American Revolution)
- Jacksonian Democracy
Exam tip: every year there is a question about African Americans or women.
There is 1 DBQ. Everyone does the same one of that.
There are 4 choices for the FRQs. You write 2. You must write an essay from the first category, which is pre-1900, and you must write an essay from the second category, which will be from the 1900s or later.
It is YOUR job to research and know these topics, their related facts, and their implications. I’m not going to do that for you. It won’t help you in the long run. Study well, study strong. I’m probably going to keep posting a bunch of review questions on here. Look them over, but in general, STAY OFF OF TUMBLR! You should be studying.