Denée Benton, Vogue’s Best Dressed at the Tonys: “The onstage ingenue capitalized on a jolt of emerald color this evening, matching her leaf-embroidered column dress to a wash of vibrant eyeshadow. The verdant shade ran in a hazy aerodynamic line along Benton’s upper lashes, with the pop of pigment upping the fresh factor on her already luminous skin.”
Characters are intricate and realistic
Accurate representation of high school/ bullying
Accurate depiction of grief and different ways people deal
Gay characters that aren’t complete stereotypes
Tony is pure
Makes it clear that Clay is guilty too, but he’s owning up
Jeff Atkins deserved better
Bryce is terrifying but like it’s very subtle, shows that people like him can be anywhere
Did I mention Tony?
Doesn’t romanticize depression
- Thor finds Avengers in Wakanda and asks where the Man of Iron is only to find out Tony is cleaning up the mess the Avengers left with no help at all.
- Tony rebuilding and trying to get his life back under control after being betrayed by virtually every member of Team Cap.
- Team Cap needs Tony’s help and they have to ask for his help.
- Fury telling them to fuck off because Stark is still cleaning up their last mess don’t bring another one.
- Tony telling Steve that if he wants his help he’d better get an apology, and be treated with respect, and not be alone with any member of Team Cap.
- Sam finds out that Tony gave Steve multiple chances to get help and not create the mess that was left.
- Sam finding Rhodes and making sure he’s okay and they bond over military experiences.
- Rhodes telling Sam about how Tony knew where they were and kept Ross away from them, yelling at him about how Tony had to clean up their mess even after watching his parent’s murder walk free.
- Sam being confused and asking what that means so Rhodes tells him about the tape and how Tony watched the Winter Soldier beat his father and strangle his mother. About how Cap KNEW but didn’t tell Tony, even lied to his face. About the 24 hours and how Steve said no because Tony ‘locker Wanda in her room’. About two Super Soldiers ganging up on Tony who shouldn’t have reacted violently but Sam you’re a councilor how would you have reacted to watching your parents murder with the murderer right next to you?
- Sam confront Steve about the tape, the lying, the not telling Sam about the deal that could’ve helped, about how Tony was LEFT IN THE COLD ALONE WITH A DISABLED SUIT STEVE WHAT IN THE HELL YOU DO NOT LEAVE A MAN BEHIND.
- Sam understanding that maybe Tony Stark isn’t what everyone describes.
- Sam apologizing to Tony and telling him he didn’t know any of what he’d learned.
- Tony not feeling guilty because he did the right fucking thing.
- WANDA FINALLY BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ULTRON BECAUSE SHE VIOLATED EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM AND HAS NOT DONE SHIT TO REDEEM HERSELF.
- Captain America finally getting his ass chewed for what he did to Tony and how he’s treated him over the years, accusing him of holding back secrets and being a liability when Steve didn’t tell the team the whole story!!!
- SOMEBODY EXPLAINING WHY CLINT CAME OUT OF FUCKING RETIREMENT AND NOT SEEING THE POINT OF THE ACCORDS AS A DAMN ASSASSIN.
- Somebody seeing Tony trying to rewrite the Accords because they were going to happen with or without him but at least he was trying to get to a point to where he could alter them!
- TONY STARK NOT BEING ATTACKED ON ALL SIDES FOR DOING WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT WHILE NO OTHER PERSON INVOLVED IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
1. The first conversation that Tony and Steve ever have, they admit they like each other. Steve is just recruited and he wants to run for class president. Tony suggests he just take it but Steve says, “I like you Tony, but don’t ever disrespect the election process.” And Tony smiles and replies, “I like you too Cap, but by now you should know that I pretty much disrespect everything.” Then Tony campaigns for Cap anyway ;)
2. During the Civil War event, Tony made a Capsuit to put on a show for Steve. It was a cute ordeal more than anything, and Tony asks for a hug from Steve. Steve says no, and Tony apparently has a simulator where he’s hugging Steve in it. After, there’s a picture during the news announcement of Steve and Tony side hugging, smiling, and Tony is giving Steve bunny ears. (X)
3. Once Tony told Steve that he was his “favorite field commander.” (X)
4. Steve is talking to Natasha about Tony and Natasha tells him, “You two should just get married.” (X)
5. When Ronan came to the Academy for the first GoTG event, Steve said, “I got your back, Tony.”
6. Once Tony told Steve, “What if I told you the internet thought we were the perfect couple?”
7. Tony offers to upgrades Steve’s shield to make it lighter, stronger, and capable of firing energy blasts and Steve replies with, “Thanks, but I think you’re fancy enough for the both of us.” While smiling happily and Tony is shocked.
8. During the Halloween event, Tony had to do a last minute cardboard Iron Man costume because Baron Zemo bought the last Captain America costume. He was going to be Cap! And he’s mentioned dressing up as Cap as a kid more than once. (X)
9. Tony said once, “I mock because I love. Ask Cap, I’ve been mocking him for months.” So….he’s loved him for months.
10. Tony asked Steve for girl advice, and said he was absurdly handsome. So they go working out together at the gym…clearly showing off for each other, and not a girl. Tony thinks he did a good workout, which Steve took as a joke. So he went to the gym with Tony again…I wonder why… (X)
11.They bicker like a married couple.
12. Tony always goes to Cap at the beginning of an event to plan out how to protect the Academy (because they’re leaders and work best together).
13. When recruiting Mockingbird Tony tells her she can trust Steve. Once she tells Steve that, he looks shocked and SO happy about it. (X)
14. Tony makes a blacksmith Iron Man outfit that is pretty revealing, which leaves Steve speechless. Once Tony says he’s a blacksmith, Steve tells him that was his second guess. Steve, what was your first guess you naughty guy? (X)
15. When you get Pepper she asks Steve, “will you keep an eye on Tony?” To which Steve smiles and replies, “I always do.” (X)
16. Tony Stark is such a Cap fanboy. He’s dressed up as Cap, he had Cap action figures, and he even had Jarvis make him Capcakes for breakfast as a kid. (X) (X)
17. When Ultron attacked, who has the mind of Tony, the first thing he did was make a Captain America robot and he calls the Capbot his greatest creation. (X)
18. When Tony finds out about RoboCap he’s shocked and disappointed he didn’t think to make a RoboCap first. (X)
19. When Ultron attacks Tony thinks Steve is going to blame him, but Steve doesn’t. He just encourages Tony and says they’ll defeat him together. (X)
20. During the Ultron event Tony mocks Steve by trying to do an impression of him and he says, “I told you not to build those robots, Tony. We should have been teaching bald eagles how to do the Charleston while balancing apple pies on our bulging biceps.” So Tony was checking Steve and his biceps out. Steve takes it as a joke and says just reassures Tony that they can fix the problem. (X)
21. Tony makes Cap an energy shield but when Steve uses it, it turns into a giant energy ball where Steve runs around in it. Steve knows Tony so well that he tells Tony to get his joke over with. Tony calls him Hamster America, and Steve would be more mad but he said it was a good workout. (X) (X) (X)
22. When Tony encounters RoboCap he says “sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect robot teeth.” He says he’s thought about saying that to Steve sometimes, but RoboCap says it’s too far. Tony then agrees and talks about how Cap is his friend and how polite he is. (X)
23. Tony’s wanted to make upgrades to Steve’s shield for better protection, but eventually he makes him an energy shield instead when Steve is in his Commander America uniform. (X)
24. During the Ultron event while Tony is working on Steve’s energy shield Steve tells Tony that he’s been having a recurring dream about a red dinosaur. Tony smiles and says he wishes Steve was that weird more often. (X)
25. Tony asks Steve, “How do you like my mancave?” (X)
26. Steve tells Tony that he’s more than just his tech. (X)
27. Tony loves Steve’s biceps. He’s commented on them more than once. Telling Steve about his “bulging biceps” and when Gladiator Cap showed up, Tony said he’s seen Steve checking out his own biceps. Steve says he hasn’t and asked Tony if HE’S been checking out his biceps…Tony then says he’s a scientist (which means yes, he’s been checking Steve out). (X)
28. Tony is talking to Peter Quill and Peter doesn’t understand some of the scientific terms Tony’s using. Steve steps in and DEFINES the word, Tony is shocked, and Steve is so proud and says “futurism!” (X)
29. Tony confides in Steve at the beginning of an event and Steve wants to hear it. Tony refuses to tell him cause he doesn’t want Steve to change his plans and says he can’t make all of Steve’s life choices for him. (Tony definitely wants to be a part of Steve’s life decisions). (X)
30. During the GoTG2 event Steve’s costume is “Ravager Captain America” and he has a great outfit made of leather with leather straps and he has a mohawk. This leaves Tony speechless, and Tony has never been speechless before. (I’m pretty sure Tony loved the leather, and rock ‘n roll look). (X)
Requested by anon: Hi. It’s the anon who asked about the Latina reader here. I was wondering if you’d do like where Daveed and the reader are really good friends but Lin knows she has a crush on him and he’s teasing her about it but daveed overhears them mention him and doesn’t understand them cause they’re talking in Spanish. He asked her about it or something and then fluff or smut! I don’t know…. Your other fics are amazing so I know this one will be to die for no matter what! Gracias!! ❤❤
Warnings: Swearing and SMUTTT. A LOT OF IT idk what else you want from me ahahaha
A/N: This was SO FUN to write but Idk I’m sorry if this was so bad lol I THINK I’VE OFFICIALLY MADE THE SINNERS CLUB LOLOL OKOKOK
You couldn’t help but stare at the man sitting in front of you as he flipped a page of the book he was reading. You had your own book in front of your face to make your staring less obvious. How he could not feel your eyes making holes in his gorgeous head was beyond your understanding.
Loki raised his head as his brother entered the room looking for him. He raised one of his eyebrows in question. Oh God! The things this man did to you.
“Tony, the Man of Iron, is looking for you. He is in his lab.” Thor said in his thundering voice.
Loki sighed but did indeed get up to leave. You frowned. You were looking forward to spend quite some time with Loki which mostly involved you staring at him like a creepy stalker but you would take whatever you could get at this point.
Loki’s seat was now taken by Thor who was intently staring at you. The way he was staring freaked you out.
“Thor? Is something wrong?”
Thor tilted his head a little and squinted his eyes.
“You have feelings for Loki.”
Your eyes widened.
“Wha..what? No. No. No way. I mean..” you laughed nervously “ why would you think that?”
Amazing job, (Y/N). If he had any doubts before they would have simply vanished by now. Seeing the look on the blond God’s face, you mentally groaned.
“You were staring.” He simply stated. “You always are.”
You tried to hide your embarrassingly red face in between the pages of your book.
“Its that obvious?” you questioned already knowing the answer.
He smiled at you.
“I know everyone thinks he is evil considering he did destroy half of New York but the Loki I have been around isn’t like that. He is sweet. He makes me laugh. Whenever I am around him, its like nothing can go wrong. And he reads. Now, how often do you find a guy like that?” You rambled.
“So you love him!’’ He shouted.
“No! I like him!” You liked Loki. Definitely. But love still had a long way to go.
Your declaration was met with a confused Thor.
“There’s a difference. In our world, it’s called a crush.”
“A crush? Why a crush?”
“Well, I suppose if the other person doesn’t like you back….your — uh, heart gets crushed..?” You shrugged.
“That is just depressing.”
Don’t I know it.
“You should tell him, (Y/N).”
You opened your mouth to respond but was cut off by someone entering the room.
“Tell what to whom?” Loki questioned.
“I was telling (Y/N) to declare her feelings to the man she likes.” You stared open mouthed at Thor and missed Loki’s glance towards you.
“Right now I declare that I want to kill someone.” You said while glaring at the man sitting in front of you.
Thor ignored your statement and got up to leave. “Oh, and Loki. Please stop crushing her. “
You dropped your head in your hands hoping the sofa you sat on would just swallow you out of existence.
Loki sat beside you and on not getting any response from you , he nudged you.
“I am highly embarrassed right now so, we would have to talk like this. That is, if you want to talk.”
“Of course I want to. Spending time with you is my only highlight of the day.”
You could swear that your heart stopped.
You looked up at him.
“So, who is the man who has your heart?” he questioned.
“Someone I know my friends would not approve of. But with him around everything is just better, you know? He makes me feel special.”
Loki looked away from you.
“I don’t think he feels the same about me.”
He gave you half a smile and said, “Well, you are special. And he would be a fool not to feel the same way, not to cherish you.”
You were pretty sure that your heart would pop out of your chest any moment now. Well, then you could give your heart to Loki, literally.
You took a deep breath.
It was now or never.
“It’s you.” You couldn’t bring yourself to even look at him. Oh, the irony.
“Considering you are someone who reads a lot, you are kinda dumb.” You rolled your eyes. “Yes, you.”
Your throat went dry and your eyes burned. You felt like crying. At least he could say something. But even without words you had got your answer.
“I think I have embarrassed myself enough today”, you swallowed the lump in your throat,” so I am gonna go.”
“Stay. Please.” He took your hands in his and met your eyes with his own.
“I..uh, I never thought I could find someone for me. Everything I ever wanted was given to Thor because he was the worthy one. I did not believe that. You have helped since the day I have come here. You would choose to spend more time with me than Thor. It was the first time anyone chose me over my brother. But this time I do believe that I am not worthy of you. I am not worthy of your love, (Y/N).”
“Don’t you think that’s for me to decide?” you asked.
You brought your face closer to his and brushed your lips against his giving him a chance to pull away.
He did not.
You kissed him and he responded before you two pulled away to breathe.
Summary: You learn Peter’s secret, and it doesn’t take long for him to learn yours.
Note: This is really reader-heavy. but I really felt that in order to move on in this verse I had to develop that character and her relationships with the other characters. So, sorry if you wanted more Peter, but I promise there will be more of him in future installments. Also this is the most self-indulgent thing I’ve ever written in my life.
“(Y/N)! Has Peter told you about his new internship yet?” Ned asked excitedly, sitting down at your usual lunch table. Peter wasn’t there yet, but that wasn’t abnormal. He had chemistry before lunch and had recently taken to spending some extra time in the lab before coming to eat.
“No,” you said. “I haven’t really seen him yet today.”
“Oh, man, I don’t want to spoil it for you but it is crazy!” Ned said.
First in the elevator that morning, as they headed up to Tony’s mandatory Sunday breakfast with the team. Peter had been thrilled to catch Tony alone for once, and had reached in his backpack for the small package and card he had bought yesterday, only to turn around and see Tony on his phone, talking loudly about the pillows on his bed and why they just weren’t fluffy enough, and yes he was aware pillows deflated, but he needed perpetually fluffy pillows.
Peter had just sighed and put the package away.
After breakfast when Tony and Happy were arguing over who to invite to the birthday party for Clint that weekend, Peter tried to talk to him again.
“Um, Mr Stark?” Peter cleared his throat nervously. “Mr Stark if you have a moment–”
“Do you think it would be obnoxious to decorate in purple?” Tony was saying and Happy nodded emphatically.
“Tony, Clint hates purple.”
“But Clint wears purple.” Tony countered.
“Mr. Stark.” Peter tried again. “I need like two seconds, just real quick.”
“Hey Underoos.” Tony said with a bright smile and Peter flushed a little in happiness. “Do you think Clint would shoot me with an arrow if I decorated his party in purple because Happy thinks—”
“I’ll come back.” Peter said dejectedly, and waved, completely unnoticed by them.
Okay, so I just saw a Tony and music headcanon which I absolutely and totally respect, because a classical music Tony is an awesome Tony that is a valid way of viewing the character. However, I also completely and totally disagree with it and didn’t want to highjack that post to disagree. Basically, fellow writer, you’re awesome and so is your headcanon which is totally valid and legit, but I’m gonna rift off it because I keep arguing with the post in my head.
Maria started Tony on the piano at a young age. Howard yelled and complained about how the kid could never keep still, so Maria taught him cords and basic piano warms ups. She told him if he couldn’t keep still, he could go over the piano fingering in his mind. He could even move his fingers if he needed to, going through the motions with his hands at his side as Howard ranted at him about how his latest robot was a failure, and keeping him still enough for photographers to take pictures of the engine while Howard put on his fake smile.
Tony would often hang in the doorway as his mother played and sang, hesitant to come in and interrupt her. Music was numbers and frequencies and all sorts of things that were fascinating to Tony, but he couldn’t quite manage to fit them together into a song.
It wasn’t until Maria came upon Tony struggling through “You’ll Never Walk Alone”from Carousel that she teaches him how to play music. Maria the brilliant scientist who loved show tunes could explain to a young Tony Stark how to make music from the notes.
From then on, Tony was a quick study. He would often play as Maria sat by his side and sang along, from My Fair Lady to Evita, he would play and sometimes hesitantly sing along. He fell in love with the quick wit of Cole Porter, often playing a quick bar or two and sing in a sarcastic tone when Howard railed on him for his failures. Maria was always more fond of Irving Berlin, and he’d play “Blue Skies” whenever she was tired or angry.
He always liked it when she played Rodgers and Hammerstein. Sometimes she’d play “Impossible” from Cinderella when Tony felt like he couldn’t meet Howard’s high standards. He was always mesmerized when she sang “Some Enchanted Evening” or “Something Good”.
He sometimes thought about running away and working on Broadway. He never had a way with lyrics, but he could compose a tune. Surely he could find a partner and they’d create loads of shows that would become world famous. But Howard would surely find him, so close to home, and the one time he tried to sneak off to the West End while visiting Aunt Peggy in London ended with her taking out a man who had been following Tony for nefarious purposes. She was kind about it, but she had to take him home.
Soon enough, he gave up on that dream and entered MIT, but he still couldn’t shake stealing away into one of the music shops and playing the occasional tune. Some of the others found out about it and bullied him until he stopped. But Rhodey could sometimes pull him away and ask him to play a song from The Wiz or some of the old Ella Fitzgerald jazz standards. He also started to branch out at this time, coming up with piano versions of rock songs that he would play to make Rhodey laugh.
“Try to Remember” was the last song he heard her play before she died, and was always one of his favorites. It was years before he could listen to the song again, much less play it. Rhodey was the one who sat with him when he finally managed it, softly singing along even though he was never much of a singer because Tony couldn’t quite manage the words.
Steve was shocked to hear old familiar songs coming from the Avengers common room one night when he couldn’t sleep. He walked in to see Tony at the piano, singing some of the old Cole Porter songs. Tony switched over to his own piano rendition of Highway to Hell as soon as he realized Steve was listening, but Steve had already found out. After that, he’d sometimes join Tony, sitting at the piano and listening to the old tunes.
It was during one of those times Tony admitted his mother had taught him, and he played “Try to Remember” for Steve. It wasn’t one he recognized, but it had a soothing melody that made him think of Bucky, who he was still trying to find. It was then Steve decided he could never tell Tony about what the Winter Soldier had done. `Tony was finally in a place where he could play the song as a fond memory, and learning the truth would only cause more pain.
After everything burned down, Steve only felt guilt when he heard the song or looked at a piano. There were a lot of things he would never do differently, but not telling Tony the truth was a mistake.
After everything burned down, Tony sat at the piano, but couldn’t play. He stared at the keys, but couldn’t will his hands to move. When Rhodey would ask him to play, Tony would smile and say he was fine.
He’s always fine.
Sometimes Peter would hear haunting melodies of songs he had never heard before when he visited Avengers Tower. He never found out where they came from, but he kind of liked listening to the old melancholy tunes before Tony finally showed up and gave him the latest upgrades for his suit.