[Diane walks in. There are hundreds of Make-Your-Own-Plane-Kits stacked on top of each other. Each kit reads: “No I said I’d like to make a complaint do not send me those kits why would you even sell kits like that it’s 2016 this is the last time I’ll be calling you goodbye.”]
1. He rose from the dead he’s like fuckin vigilante Jesus
2. He’s so… sarcastic and smartass-ish and just…. damn that boy is both sharp and smooth
3. He literally has looked at both Superman and Batman and been like “I don’t care.” He literally shot superman repeatedly with his guns in Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 2
4. He took the name of the guy who killed him and uses it to protect others. Red hood was a sign of the Joker, now it is a sign that someone will use lethal force to fight evil.
5. He teamed up with a girl who models herself to be the daughter of someone who beat him to death and blew him up, and never used that against her. He only judged her for her personal actions, not her identity.
Jason Todd is still a teenager; slim and tall, but still maybe half an inch shorter than Dick, with slate black eyes and hair, and a thin face. He wears a red bat on his chest and likes to throw himself at things with bravado and a great deal of confidence, in between looking crushed by how much of the world he’d missed for the months he’d been buried in the dirt.
The man in front of him is heavyset with a blank chest and standing with his fingers hooked into the pockets of his pants. Jason’s face peers back at him, but it’s wider, older, the cheekbones more pronounced. At his fringe is a tuft of thick, white hair that falls across his forehead, not quite long enough to hide the gaping scar slicing his eyebrow in half, or the series of red marks across his nose and cheeks. The way he’s standing, tall and intimidating, speaks of an adult, and the eyes that are staring at him are not black but a bright, unearthly green.
scenes from a batman fic i may someday end up finishing