DIY Tropical “Low Poly” Geometric Mural
Altogether, this took about 11 episodes of Lost.
Supplies used below:
- 5x 3in Paintbrushes ($1.48/each)
- 5x Glidden Flat White Paint 1qt ($8.98/each)
- >White, Lucious Lime, Splendor Gold, Bella Vista(Blue), Intrigue (Red)1x Ultramarine Blick-brand acrylic paint ($3?) for toning the blue above
- 4x 1-inch Masking Tape ($5/each)
- Cheap dollarstore plates for mixing colors.
I looked at a ton of low-poly images before deciding how to paint the triangles.
A bit better view of the colors here. Very tropical!
Before and After, with furniture.
Here are some lessons learned:
- I probably could have bought sample sized paints and saved $20
- I should have laid down some newspaper - there were a couple drips of paint (but good thing its just painted concrete, right?)
- I ran out of blue masking tape briefly and switched to white so I didnt have to go out and brave Irma. Bad idea. Couldnt see my tape at all and slowed me down.
- I probably would have rather mixed some colors in larger swaths than using plates, but clearly this wasn’t a terrible mistake.