ML’s Love Letter To Horror Movie Fans
I was rewatching Horrificator and Nino’s insistence on filming through a potential tragedy reminded me of that guy from Diary of the Dead, that guy from Cloverfield, etc.. That had me paying closer attention to how much this episode pays homage to Horror/Monster movie tropes. I was cackling so much, I decided to make a post to spread the hilarity.
A huge thanks goes to TV Tropes, where you can find the description of each stereotype. You can also click my headers for a direct link to each. There is an existing list of tropes from this episode that I found halfway through doing my own list. I couldn’t find an entry for every trope so the ones that are not linked I came up with myself. Also, I didn’t include every single trope.
Thanks go to Miraculous, les aventures de Ladybug et Chat Noir (aka, Miraculous Ladybug) for gaining even more of my respect and for giving some mad love to us horror fans. Enjoy!
We’re Making a Horror Movie Inside the Horror Movie
As seen in Diary of the Dead
- tbh this happens in EVERY ML ep
- the monster is in the stall behind Marinette
- ominous music builds
- Mari: hmmm…what’s this pink goo….
- Alya: *out of nowhere* MARINETTE!
- viewer jumps because OH NO Alya’s warning her about the monst–
- oh wait, no…
- Alya: Chloe’s gonna kiss Adrien
- Mari: OH NO THE HORROR!!!!!