what she means:
max russo was the only sibling out of three to lose his powers, and instead he was given the subway shop. he said that that was awesome, but how did he actually feel about being the powerless one? was he upset by this? did he have some sort of breakdown once he came to terms with this realization? did he cry? did he doubt his value? did he think he was worth less than his siblings? why did he pretend to be okay with losing his powers, covering up his sadness and loss with humor and grins, when in reality he probably cried when he went to sleep that night??? does he feel left out?? forgotten??? stupid??? why does no one talk about max russo????
The morning after Sarah Williams defeats the Goblin King, she gets up and makes toast. She has to brush some glitter off the toaster—it withers and vanishes at the brush of her fingertips, and she stares at her hand for a long time.
It mostly just looks like her hand. Even when she turns it over, and sees where she scraped her knuckles against the oubliette, where the shattered mirror cut the back of her wrist. It looks like she fell, or was playing in the street. That’s all.
The toast comes out burned, and Sarah stares at that too. Eventually, she slumps down against the cabinets and cries, wracking sobs that send her dad and Karen rushing into kitchen. They check her forehead for a fever, put their hands on her, and keep asking, “Are you okay? Sarah, please, tell us what’s wrong…”
Eventually, her dad drags her into his lap and cradles her against his chest, like he did when she was little. Her legs are too long to really fit anymore, but Sarah hugs him around the neck anyway. “It’ll be okay,” he says, keeps saying. “You’ll be okay.” And Sarah—doesn’t laugh, because she can’t, and doesn’t have the words to express what—how—
(None of her stories ever talked about this. What did Sir George do, the morning after he slayed the last dragon in England? Did Tam Lin eat breakfast, or did he sit there, shivering, wondering if his hands were different, having been claws and wings and scales?)
Afterwards, she leaves the burnt toast outside on the back porch. Not an offering. Maybe a reminder.
It’s Didymus she sees the most often, mostly because he’s the one who invites himself rather than waiting for an invitation. He comes for tea, but even if there’s no tea—which there isn’t, usually—he comes to tell Sarah stories. She learns to love poetry because there’s no escaping it with him. (She won’t read Idylls of the King until Brit Lit in college, but she ends up scrawling a lot in the margins; Didymus’ telling of events had been much more interesting.)
Once, she falls asleep like that, her hands tucked behind her head with Didymus curled up and sleepily reciting from the crook of her elbow. “So tender was her voice, so fair her face—though I don’t think he was looking at her face, my lady, pardon me for saying so—”
Sarah buries her nose in his fur. Didymus always smells of rosewater, and a crispness she thinks is just…the Labyrinth. She falls asleep trying to place it.
She wakes up with a wild fox in her bed, animal-black eyes frightened and flat, teeth bared. The fox is whining, and she’s tempted to throw herself across the room, to get away from this wild thing and its teeth. It takes a monumental will to keep herself still and her breathing slow, even; like she’s still asleep and unafraid.
It takes her longer to swallow, and start humming one of the songs he taught her—a knight’s round, he’d said. She’s shaky at first, but the fox’s ears flick forward. It cocks its head, and slowly, the teeth disappear behind its lips.
She almost laughs when noses at her throat curiously, butting its head against her jaw like a cat might.
ok, but FAHC au, where the Golden Boy is a big misunderstanding.
Gavin is a teenager who befriends Burnie over Halo. They become really good friends and he even meets everyone else (Matt, Joel, Gus, Geoff). Gavin’s excited, Gavin loves playing with them, Gavin enjoys talking with them. This goes on for a few years till one day, Gavin gets an invitation from them to come stay in the states for a few days.
Having just moved out and needing a vacation. Gavin eagerly agrees. And it’s fun and amazing and though his friends are a bit older than he thought and the city is a bit gritter than he was used too (coming from a small village in Enlgand) Gavin enjoys his stay.
All the way up till he’s walking down the street with Burnie and Geoff and they get held up by someone wanting revenge against the “Roosters”. Gavin freaks out and just freezes. And then he witnesses something crazy.
Burnie and Geoff hand the gunman his ass, laughing at him and talking down before shooting him. Then they seem to realize Gavin is still there. They turn towards and watch Gavin carefully. And Gavin had just witnessed a death for the first time in his life, having seen his friends commit that death, and he doesn’t know what to do.
So he fakes it. Laughs it off and tries to push all of his raging emotions down. Geoff and Burnie seem to have relaxed at that and continue on as nothing had happened.
For some reason, Gavin continues to fake it. Tries not to flinch when they touch him or hand him a gun. Tries to play it cool (maybe because he really likes Burnie and Geoff and they’ve been there for years and he can’t imagine losing them especially because they are his only friends) just fakes it, fakes it, fakes it.
Goes home and continues to fake it, continues to talk to them and hopes that nothing comes of it. Fakes it when they ask, a year later when Gavin complains enough about his job (that he never fully told them what he did-opps?) to come live with them. Not wanting the others to realize he had lied this whole time, Gavin learns stuff. How to shoot (hoping the entire time he never has to shoot) and computer stuff (he’s always been good with technology, hacking shouldn’t be too hard, right?)
Gavin goes to America and continues to fake it. Meets Michael (a rage-filled guy who is proud to have killed people-but is actually funny and nice and he becomes Gavin’s best friend?) and Jack (nice man who loves to make fun of Gavin but has also shot people to protect the crew) and the rest and. Gavin is so awkward about the conversation that he just fakes it for three years.
And then suddenly, he’s in a gang, calling himself the Golden Boy. And none of them know that he has never killed anyone or considers himself a criminal and has lied to them all.
Basically, Gavin creates the Golden Boy imagine to keep his friends who he accidentally finds out are criminals.
I work at Walmart. This week we had to let three associates go because over the course of our last two quarters our losses due to theft more than doubled, and we need to cut costs in the departments these associates worked in. All three of these associates have children; two of them are single parents. If you make a habit of shoplifting from stores because “the company makes billions every year so they can handle a few hundred dollars in losses,” think about that, and think about the lives you’re ruining. We lose our jobs when you do what you do. Don’t pretend it doesn’t affect us.
on the subject of songs used in sunny, the song “genius of love” by tom tom club was used twice on the show - the first time being “the gang squashes their beefs,” right before mac and dennis’ apartment burns down, and the second time being “dennis’ double life,” after mac and dennis’ apartment was shown to be rebuilt and restored. if home is where the heart is, isn’t that the genius of love - something that has the power to repair a home (and indirectly, a relationship)?
fun ideas: victor nikiforov opening a skating school in hasetsu, but he doesn’t just teach kids who want to become professional, he also works with adults and elders who just want to skate for fun!! so new families and young people move to hasetsu and revitalize the city, but the older population that already lives there takes a bus up to ice castle twice a week, and 60 year old women pretend to lose their footing so victor nikiforov will guide them by the hips for a few laps around the rink.
yuuri and victor in the bath in the evening recounting their day; victor is rubbing yuuri’s feet, poor yuuri who is not a morning person, who gets up at four am to coach minami kenjirou and leo de la iglesia. “minami landed his quad salchow today,” he says, sinking into the tub a little deeper as victor slides his thumbs down toward his heel.
“wow!” victor says. “the juniors did well at their afternoon practice, and then i let mrs. yamanaka grab my ass for two minutes while she pretended her ankle was bothering her.”
“i was such a fool to marry a notorious playboy,” yuuri teases, and victor presses a kiss to his big toe.
Listen, I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow, but if I was hiding a lost special, and I had planted a billboard-sized clue in one of my episodes with the words “on March 8th the secret will be unleashed,” I would almost certainly release a teaser on BBC One featuring a glitching Moriarty saying “You didn’t think that was the whole story, did you?” and if not that I would definitely put a surprise minisode on YouTube with the announcement for the upcoming lost special at the end… either one would get lots of buzz and people reassessing their impressions of series 4 and going back to do what all of us have been doing all along, looking for clues and playing the game they’ve laid out for us within the show itself… get everybody intrigued and excited again for this history-making insane wish fulfillment etc etc… who knows about Mofftiss I’m just saying that’s what I’D do…
to a or not to a that is the question *puts on black hoodie* *fucks every a task up*
ALISON! no wait PAIGE! no wait ALISON (again)! no wait PAIGE! OH SHIT ALI'S PREGNANT AND I'M THE DAD i mean MOM! WHAT'S GOING ON?!
*does sleuthy things with caleb* something about babies
*sluts it up with marco* *begins to hate marco* wait where's toby
i'm pregnant but you have to have sex to get pregnant. fuck this is a lose-lose situation for me here
*pretends spaleb never happened* look at me being detective boyfriend of the year PLEASE FORGIVE ME FANDOM *is not forgiven*
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAVE YOU BITCHES BEFORE YOU APPRECIATE ME
if you love something you gotta set it free *breathes a sigh of relief after dodging a messy ass bullet*
nicole? aria. nicole? no aria. fuck it all. cake? yes, cake. wedding cake. i'm engaged to aria. so i pick aria. #loveiswherethecakeis
*just needs someone to hug him* *is NEVER FUCKING PRESENT BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WRITE A CHARACTER A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE WHO IS ACTUALLY SOMEWHAT RELEVANT TO THE STORYLINE AND WHO HAS BEEN HERE SINCE SEASON ONE INTO THE STORY*
so i used to be a nerd but now i'm a rich nerd please love me *still loves hanna* *pray for lucas*
*is DEAD FOR NO FUCKING REASON*
i love you spencer jk i h8 u u did the murder
i'm trying to communicate with my daughter *never actually goes to speak to her daughter*
*is made to be somewhat relevant again at the request of NOBODY but the writers* *is vehemently hated by fandom*
*shows up for two seconds and adds nothing to the plot even though everyone misses him* bye now mate
Summary: Dean and reader pose as a couple to lure a vampire
Word Count: 2540
Warnings: Smut, language, near death situation
As always, feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
We were in the middle of this hunt when Mary called. We couldn’t exactly walk out on this, so Sam had volunteered to help Mary while Dean and I stay behind to finish the job.
Which led to the situation that I’m now in. It’s not so much a situation as a ‘how the holy fuck did it end up like this’ type of scenario. At the moment, as I sit in the Impala at the edge of a secluded forest with Dean, I wish that Dean had gone and Sam had stayed.
Not that it wouldn’t have been weird with Sam. It would have been weird, just a different kind of weird. Normal weird, not weird-weird. Sure, Sam is six plus feet of handsome, but the relationship I have with him is more sibling-ish. I just don’t have those kinds of feelings for Sam - the kind where my heart races a bit faster when he’s near and my girly bits get all tingly. Dean, on the other hand, has that effect on me. My relationship with Dean is strictly platonic, but that doesn’t mean a girl can’t dream. And boy, do I ever dream. The man is fucking sex on bow-legs. Can you blame a girl?
Here’s the thing about this particular vampire - he’s got a bit of a twisted fetish. His tastes run into the kinky. He likes to take his victims mid-coitus. Doing the nasty. Knocking boots. The horizontal Mambo. He’s a real piece of work. Like I said, he’s a kinky son of a bitch.
His modus operandi is to kill the male and snatch the female. We haven’t quite figured out what he does with the girls, but our best guess is he turns them. And keeps them for his own amusement, if you catch my drift.
But I’m getting off course here. Right now my gut is swirling with butterflies, my heart pounding loudly enough that this vampire can probably hear it a mile off. In just a moment, I’m going to be making out with Dean. Sure, it’s for the greater good, I volunteer as tribute, blah blah blah. I know it’s not real, it’s just for show, but I’m nervous as hell. I’m staring at his lips and he’s giving me that cocky as hell smirk, you know the one I’m talking about. His tongue darts out to lick his lower lip and I practically swoon. I’m like Scarlet fucking O’hara, I’ve got a case of the vapors. I might actually pass out.
When you get older, you notice your sheets are dirty. Sometimes, you do something about it. And sometimes, you read the front page of the newspaper and sometimes you floss and sometimes you stop biting your nails and sometimes you meet a friend for lunch. You still crave lemonade, but the taste doesn’t satisfy you as much as it used to. You still crave summer, but sometimes you mean summer, 5 years ago. You remember your umbrella, you check up on people to see if they got home, you leave places early to go home and make toast. You stand by the toaster in your underwear and a big t-shirt, wondering if you should just turn in or watch one more hour of television. You laugh at different things. You stop laughing at other things. You think about old loves almost like they are in a museum. The socks, you notice, aren’t organized into pairs and you mentally make a note of it. You cover your mouth when you sneeze, reaching for the box of tissues you bought, contains aloe.
When you get older, you try toner, you experiment with trousers, you experiment with real sexy outfits, you experiment with pin curls and darker hair and orange-toned red lipstick and you date people that look good on paper. You kiss them in public and feel only a little self-conscious. You never like them, although sometimes you really do. you think about safe sex and sometimes, kids. You think about plants, maybe succulents, or maybe even a cat?
When you get older, you try different shampoos. You find one you like. You try sleeping early and spin class and jogging again. You try a book you almost read but couldn’t finish. You wrap yourself in the blankets of: familiar t-shirts, caffe au lait, dim tv light, texts with old friends or new people you really want to like and love you. You lose contact with friends from college, and only sometimes you think about it. When you do, it feels bad and almost bitter. You lose people, and when other people bring them up, you almost pretend like you know what they are doing. You try to stop touching your face and become invested in things like expensive salads and trying parsnips and saving up for a vacation you really want. You keep a spare pen in a drawer. You look at old pictures of yourself and they feel foreign and misleading. You forget things like: purchasing stamps, buying more butter, putting lotion on your elbows, calling your mother back. You learn things like balance: checkbooks, social life, work life, time to work out and time to enjoy yourself.
When you get older, you find things like rejection hurt less and things like nostalgia hurt more. You watch people do things you want to do, and then you do some of those things too. Things start to feel like pins on a map. You watch landmarks pass and almost note them. You eat a taco from a food truck and be careful to dab the corners of your mouth with a napkin. You smooth your shirt down. You think about details, the details of how clean the beer cup is, how you need to put the dishes away, how she smells like a perfume you wore and how his teeth are perfect and aligned. You feel a little less downtrodden by things like routine and security and a little more appreciative of things like doing nothing, finding a friend, stretching on a big couch. You hear old songs and only sometimes do they gut you. You think about your future almost always, in both a thrilling way and a very very panicked way.
When you get older, you find yourself more in control. You find your convictions appealing, you find you like your body more, you learn to take things in stride. You begin to crave respect and comfort and adventure, all at the same time. You lay in your bed, fearing death, just like you did.You pull lint off your shirt. You smile less and feel content more. You think about changing and then often, you do.
When you get older, you barely notice it at all. Then, you are sitting somewhere you’ve been before, staring at the nothingness of the sky, and you feel the wind moving away from you, fast and almost impossible to catch.
imagine the squad™ going to Athens, Georgia for spring break senior year to honor the play
- the ride down is hilarious in and of itself
- Jake drives bc his car is fucking huge
- Chloe rides shotgun bc she will throw up if she’s not in the front
- Brooke, Jenna, and Christine sit in the middle and play stuff like never have I ever and it’s really sweet and a really good bonding time for all of them
-Chloe is jealous and nauseous
- rich, Jeremy, and Micheal sit in the back with Jeremy in the middle
- at some point Micheal falls asleep on Jeremy’s shoulder and rich just starts quietly grilling Jeremy about their relationship
- “listen dude just tell me if you’re in love with him,,, I’m bi so I don’t judge, you’re cute together so I won’t make fun of you that much, we both had the same Japanese computer application installed in our brains for an extended period time, what is there to lose???”
- eventually Jeremy just pretends that he’s asleep too
- FINALLY THEY ARRIVE
- first they quickly realize that the CDC isn’t even IN Athens
- second they realize that Athens is the weirdest mix of hippies and rednecks ever created
- for example, there a street with a pottery studio across from a bbq
restaurant called the butt hutt
- RICH LOVES THE AESTHETIC
- he buys all this uga merch and weird southern gear like a shirt that says “sucker for a guy in seersucker”
- he also buys a pair of seersucker shorts for jake buT ITS NOT RELATED SHUT UP CHLOE
- Chloe also lowkey loves the southern aesthetic and spends the entire time running around to all the cutesy southern boutiques with rich and brooke
- Jenna actually tours the university of Georgia bc she just honestly enjoys college tours even though she’s already signed to go somewhere else
- Jeremy and Micheal discover a place called the “wonderbar” it’s a bar and a retro arcade combo. They find fake ids and then do not leave the building
- At some point they go on a giant food tour and Brooke is v upset to find out they don’t have pinkberry “WHAT THE FUCK IS A MENCHICES???”
- they see a bunch of cool places then just eat wafflehouse the entire time bc it’s good and cheap and literally EVERYWHERE
- the theatre scene is fairly decent and they go see a local kid and teen theatre group do legally blonde
- Christine falls in love with the girl playing Elle from the audience
- “SHES A NATURAL BLONDE AND SO LITTLE I COULD HAVE HELD HER IN ONE HAND AND HER SINGING VOICE IS SO CLEAR”
- they only get one hotel room and just sleep on top of each other like puppies
- when they leave the room it’s like a fucking clown car
quick guide to visiting living history museums/events
Have your ever been to a war reenactment, a Renaissance faire, or someplace like Colonial Williamsburg? They can be really cool. Hundreds of dedicated craftsmen and actors in period costume will demonstrate historical lifestyles and activities for your entertainment and education. Much of it is interactive and they are happy to answer any questions you have.
But living history is not Westworld, though sometimes it sure feels that way. Lots of visitors seem to forget that reenactors are real people, not toys.
- Ask questions! Most people involved in reenactment are passionate about history - it’s not exactly a lucrative activity.
- Participate! Many living history events have interactive demonstrations. It may feel corny, but if someone invites you to help churn butter or something, go for it. Your girlfriend will think it’s cute. What are you afraid of? Looking nerdy? Your at a Rev War reenactment, buddy. Get over it.
- Talk to people! Ask them about their costumes, their lifestyle, what reenactment is like, if they made their props themselves, ect. Sometimes they will answer in-character. It’s *fun*.
- Ask for photos! Reenactors are constantly being photographed and don’t really expect to be asked first, but it’s a nice gesture and they’re more likely to smile or pose if you do. Get a selfie with John Hancock - what’s to lose?
- Get into it. Pretend you’re a time-traveler, if you want to. Or don’t. Just have a good time and play along, if that’s what makes you happy.
- Touch people without their permission. Yes, she’s wearing a bodice. No, you can’t sexually assault her. If you want to feel a costume, wig, or prop, ask first. It’s not weird to be intrigued by someone’s period clothing, and plenty of people are totally okay with you touching the material or craftsmanship…. IF you get their permission first.
-Eat people’s food uninvited. Those people cooking dinner in a cast iron cauldron over a fire? That’s literally their food. Yes, they’re really going to eat that. Yes, it’s probably delicious. But unless they’re a food vendor or have set out samples, you probably aren’t welcome to try it - if you’re hungry, they can point you to the nearest food station.
- Enter tents or rooms that aren’t open to the public. Sometimes it can be unclear what’s public and what’s private - innocent mistakes happen, so don’t sweat it if you accidentally stick your head into someone’s personal room. Just apologize and backtrack. As with anything, when in doubt, ask permission first.
- Try to catch people up. This is just weird and annoying. Lots of guests come to living history events determined to disprove that they’re actually visiting Boston in 1776. Again, this isn’t Westworld. We aren’t robots programmed with false memories, and forcing us to acknowledge the fact that it’s actually 2017 isn’t going to liberate us from our robo-slavery. It’s performance! Put reality on hold for a bit and just enjoy it. If you have questions about the historical accuracy of something, ask it politely, not smugly. It’s perfectly fine to be ignorant of something and to ask a “dumb question”, but when you frame it as a “gotcha”, you just embarrass yourself.
- Don’t show up in Pochahontas cosplay. Especially the Disney version. Just… don’t do this.