Let’s spill the tea, shall we?
When the news that
Camila was leaving surfaced yesterday, I was devastated, because a band that I
have grown to love since 2014 was starting to end. Now I’m not sad, I’m fucking
RAGED – and I’m gonna explain why.
Yesterday Camila posted a letter, which I talked about on this post. It’s something that was clearly written by her, with a lot of feeling and truth (and tea too). Then we waited the whole day for the girls to say something, and when they do, they post a statement that can be resumed in a few words: it’s all Camila’s fault. I bet anyone that read those paragraphs would believe it, except that we, the fans, are practically CSI and we know our band too much to just buy that, so I’m just gonna point out some stuff I got from that letter:
- First off, management wrote it. Simple as that;
- Second, how could four girls that are in different states and time zones, spending time with their families and friends after not seeing them for weeks take time off to coordinately post something literally at the same minute?
- Lastly, on the first statement they said they were just told by Camila’s “representatives” that she was leaving, next thing they say she let them know in November. Don’t you think that if they knew that was their last concert alongside Camila, it would’ve been way more emotional and meaningful?
- They signed a contract that says that management have full access to all of their social network accounts (twitter, facebook, Instagram, tumblr, etc.) and are free to post (or delete) whatever they want there.
- Update: Ally just unfollowed the 5H account on instagram?
Now let’s make a few judgement calls:
- A few weeks ago, Dinah posted on her Instagram story videos of them (Camila included) goofing around the car singing and laughing like a group of good friends would. For those who have watched the videos, they didn’t seem like the same people that where “informed via her manager that Camila was leaving the group”, did they?
- Just this week, Dinah posted a picture of her and Camila goofing around and wrote “Don’t matter what they say, don’t matter what you do . I am so proud of you . I mean it . I love uuuu’s”, which Camila answered with “LMAOOOO this picture is classic us. thank u so much girl. this means more than u know”. Also this week, she posted multiple snapchats of her watching Camila perform with MGK with a proud mom smile on her face, followed by a snap of them hugging and she telling Camila how proud she was. Now, does this seems like the same Dinah that would agree to throw Camila under the bus so easily like they did?
- Just yesterday an audio of Lauren venting about their management to Ally was leaked, in which she said “They make decisions on regular basis, to fuck us over, to make us literal slaves, like, literally slaves, Ally. We’re doing labor every day and we see nothing” Does that sound like the girl who would agree to post that letter as well?
It’s unlikely to all of them to throw Camila under the bus like that. A band that’s been together for almost four years and a half to treat one of their friends like a stranger they can blame? This is not the Fifth Harmony we have grown to love. This is not their doing. They have no choice but to just sit back and do nothing because they can’t simply break a contract.
In conclusion, what hurts me is not the fact that Camila left the band – in fact I’m glad she left after all this mess, or that the girls posted those notes – I didn’t believe for one second that they wrote it. What hurts me is knowing they’re stuck in an environment they can’t leave because of a contract that allows Maverick, Epic and Syco to do whatever they want regarding their public image.
They want to throw Camila under the bus because they know that if she wanted she could just tell us everything. They want to turn the fans against her because maybe she was the one that got tired of all the bullshit and didn’t sign next year’s contract. Say what you want about their relationship, that they don’t get along behind cameras, that they hate each other (which they clearly don’t), but the one thing we know is that they would never write something that would compromise their bandmate’s career like that.
I feel and fear for our girls. They are five young girls trying to live their dream and this is what they get. They don’t deserve any of this.
Someone please save my children.