aries her blood is made of molten, turning her insides into lava as it hits the outside air, ready to burn the world alive, she is a volcano
taurus she contains all of the beauty and fury of mother earth, when she digs her heels in stamped with rage, she is an earthquake
gemini she whips words like a gale, gushing ideas spinning in her mind, her voice blowing winds of winding dispatch into the open air, when she is flowing furiously, she is a hurricane
cancer in silver moonlight her heart is like the seas, tides of emotion, volatile, ever changing yet constant, a placid mirror turning as she pulls the moon closer, she becomes a tsunami
leo her glare is so bright that sun spikes form around her mind, like a crown, she draws in solar light and casts it into the air, she is a solar flare
virgo minerals of earth circulate in her, mixing healing maples, nervous energy blends to create contamination, when she is enraged and spits her disdain at the world, she is a pandemic
libra in perfect balance she spins the world on its axis, keeping equilibrium and harmony aligned composing seasons and tides, when she is broken and has lost sight, she is climate change
scorpio waves crash together and freeze fixed in time, she burrows deeper below the snow, stirring from the dark hollow inside, she is an avalanche
sagittarius flames dance around her fingertips infusing with the billowing smoke from her higher mind, when she starts burning she is a wildfire
capricorn icy saturn rings circle around her silver crown, from the mountain peak she dwells alchemising all natural material, when she turns her mood she spins and throws the frozen snow, she is a hail storm
aquarius thunder roars in her mind and ideas crackle like flashing lights, silver lasers beaming from her crystal eyes, it all becomes too furious when the world is too slow, she is a lightning storm
pisces she walks on sea level conducting the tides, a belle of the water swimming through earthly life, when she becomes wounded she wants to go under and bring the whole world with her, to drown them, she is a great flood
To understand a zodiac sign’s motives, you must understand the workings of their mind and heart. Dreams and ideals can help to grasp their patterns of behaviour which would otherwise be inexplicable to us.
*use sun, moon or dominant sign
The Fire Signs (Aries, Leo & Sagittarius)
A fire sign’s fantasy world begins where the fairytale book ends. It’s a realm of romance and myth. In fact, the fiery signs mythologize everyday-life to a large extent and transform their reality into a stage where everybody plays their part. Their fantasies can be quite black and white, full of clichés and old and well-known tales. When their lives lack drama, they simply project their brilliantly colorful dreams onto the people or situations in their surrounding. They can not stand the grey dullness of the emprical world and their minds are the best escape.
Aries The Aries’ fantasies are of a quite chivalric nature as, deep down, they are knights in shining armor looking for a noble cause or a damsel in distress. For them the Age of Courtly Love is not over and they live according to the rules of the Round Table or the Order of the Garter as their dreams revolve around honour, loyalty and praise. Aries needs adventure, a lost cause to participate in, a war to fight, a heart to win back, otherwise they grow cold and experience psychic indigestion.
Leo Leos love to create myths and stories concerning their self. They are highly idealistic and envision a world where good is purely good and bad is purely bad - they don’t really see grey shadows or the subtleties of human nature. The lion wants to be the hero or the heroine, anyone really who is respected, looked up to and appreciated. Their dreams are full of romanticism and love they pour into their beloved subjects/children/objects of affection and about the tenderness they receive in return.
Sagittarius Like their arrows, Sagittarius’ visions are aimed at some distant future or a faraway possibility. In the centaur’s dreams nothing has limits and their abilities and possible journeys are endless. It’s hard for them to cope with people telling them that something is impossible because they strongly believe that every goal can be reached, no matter how absurd it sounds. What really drives a Sagittarius are unexplored paths, unexplicable mysteries and a sense of anticipation that lingers in the air. Because of that boundless realm in their head, the centaur understands that life is meaningful and that everything teaches a lesson and encourages growth but the light of their visions can rarely be transformed into reality.
The Earth Sings (Taurus, Virgo & Capricorn)
The fantastic and uncomprehensible world exists for Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn as well but unlike the fire signs, earth signs tend to not recognize it as a part of their actual life but as something supernatural. They are terribly afraid of disorder which is why most of them will opress their imagination and dreams rather than embrace them. And while they know almost everything about the world surrounding them, spirituality and fantasy have the potential for them to come to terms with their inner self. They probably really need and want to retreat in a realm of dreams but they often feel too occupied with everyday-life and therefore guilty “wasting” their time drowning in fantasy.
Taurus Taurus needs to escape into a world of beauty from time to time. When the reality is too cold or things just do not seem to work out, they like to drown in things which are exquisite and beautiful, either physically or with their mind. If they can’t have their real piece of luxury they like to think about times when they will or had and just generally knowing about all the art in the world, like paintings, music or good food keeps them going. They are one of the most sceptic signs and the ones who value the known and reliable most, so it is most likely that their dreams revolve around something they can actually capture with their senses.
Virgo Virgos are quite romantic and imaginative souls but they are not idealistic like most of the water and air signs. Their minds are neatly and orderly arranged knowledge gained through quiet observing and silent curiosity. Their oftentimes cold or brusque exterior is a protection for the possible gunshots reality could take at them. Their safe haven is a mind that has a resolution for every situation, where every thing is coloured and structured in its realest, most detailed form to shut out all dangers from outside. Virgos wish the world were a more equal and better place but they have to protect themselves before they can help others.
Capricorn Achievement to Capricorn is what romance is to the fire signs. Without goals and challenges, a Capricorn can grow cold and be thrown headfirst into depression because this unfriendly world can not offer him meaning anymore. The most mysterious of the earth signs, known as ambitious, working and plodding, is a magician, a chaser of mysteries in disguise. A true Capricorn knows how to make peace with the earth, and, in the end, all their hard labour is just a steppingstone to a more profound, reflected and introspective side to their nature. Once they have learned how to live in this world, they can use their newly found freedom to pursue their love of the mysteries, which, for them, revolve around all the energies that govern life.
The Air Signs (Gemini, Libra & Aquarius)
Air signs are the children amongst the zodiac and there is no one quite so familiar with the existence of wonders like a child. They have an incredible emotional depth and are incurable romantic at heart. Every emotional experience they make is profound and meaningful and immediately valued as one with an idealistic outcome. Gemini, Libra and Aquarius lack a certain worldliness because they seem to understand nearly everything. But all the mysteries and secrets of the world can only be understand by them when matched with a correlating system like religion or occult. They need to understand in order to be sane which is why some mysteries (the truly inexplicable ones) will never cease to fascinate but scare them.
Gemini A true Gemini is an eternal child. The world will never cease to overwhelm and amaze them and they will make it their life-long mission to gather broad and comprehensive knowledge about it. Geminis learn for the sole delight of self-taught wisdom and quenching that unbearable thirst that seems to be part of their nature. In-depth analyses are something you will not ever see a Gemini make because there is so much the universe can still teach and they simply have no time to think about something for too long. So it is no suprise that the twins are the least introspective of the signs, the vast pool of wonders around them is more important than sitting down and thinking about one’s own motives.
Libra A Libra’s life is seen through a tinted glass that shows all the bauty it can contain. Like the true children of Venus that they are, Libras seek the Beautiful, the Good and the True and their dreams revolve around a world in which every being has their perfectly fitting counterpart and ordinary life is lifted to idealistic heights. Most of them feel like a part of them is missing and will never stop believing in finding perfection in form of a worthy companion, fulfilling job or just general happiness. Their quest for the Good and Beautiful can seem like hollow flattery to the more sceptic signs like Capricorn and Scorpio but dreamers will appreciate their efforts to preserve fantasies rather than destroy them with a brutal truth that is rarely ever absolute anyways.
Aquarius Aquarius’ ideals mean everything to them and they would gladly give their life for the realization of their dream about universal love, equality, a brighter future. Without the ideas of an Aquarius, no real progress can take place, like their symbol the Waterbearer they offer the water of life to humanity. Their dreams are their ideals and their ideals are their reality. But while Aquarians always have an inept sense of the big picture, they lack comprehension for the personal and that makes it incredibly difficult for them to not only be humanitarian but also a fearlessly feeling human.
The Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio & Pisces)
To the water signs everything is motivated by feeling as they move in the world with instinct, at home with what is irrational and inexplicable. Their reality is made entirely from what they feel and they subconciously assign an emotion to literally everything. Their own world contains a whole universe of dreams and fantasies and they mean so much to them because they are stuffed with profound truths that are part of a water sign’s core personality. They oppose the logical and rational values of our time and the processes of the intellect which are typically assigned to the air signs. They speak the language of the heart or gut (which is a water sign’s most powerful tool).
Cancer Like their symbol the crab, Cancers’ home is the border between earth and water.They need the security of dry land like commitment, promises and truths but they also feel a strong pull towards the depths of the ocean of imagination. Their dreams and longings oftentimes revolve around stability, being needed and loved and the emotional subtleties underlying their fantasies are important for a Cancer’s personal and introspective growth. But individuals born under this sign are painfully self-protective, so do not expect them to talk to you about their secret longings and even if they do, be aware of them not telling you the whole truth.
Scorpio While the element of air is idealistic, water signs are more realistic and especially Scorpios know that ideals are important but life is different. They are as sensitive as their watery companions and possess the same emotional awareness but they can not afford romance because they are painfully aware of the human nature not only being great but also very animalistic and vicious. No other sign understands the shadows of being human as good as Scorpio and no one accepts and embraces the darkness as willingly. After all, there is nothing else to do. What really drives this sign is the will to make something of themselves as they want to find the profound truth of their being.
Pisces Pisces is the true sign of the mystic and they desperately need and are aware of another reality, a magical, elusive world which makes ordinary life meaningless. A lot of people born under the fishes are deeply religious (not necessary in an orthodox way) as they hold on to practices that are concerned with a side of life that is uncomprehensible, vast and profound. Unlike their watery fellows, Pisces’ sensitivity and deep wisdom about the futility of human behaviour is focused more outward and people with this sign are generally not as concerned with their own well-being and more focused on the hapiness of those around them.
Aries: your tears are so hot and your cheeks are flushed, you hide your face in your hands and you cry to all ends. I know you miss them, they made you feel like your heart was beating in your chest. But you were alive long before you knew you were, just as you were loved long before you believe you are.
Taurus: You made a rose garden with them. You each had your own, but yours were real and theirs was plastic. They kept tending them but it missed your loving touch, how could they screw you over? Love I don’t know. The universe isn’t fair; how can it be so cruel to something so precious?
Gemini: You used to talk to me, about politics and poetry. You used to tell me stories, about magic and all things pretty. You always told the story of you and them, you said it was the most beautiful one. The pen could never describe your pain, we’re in vain. Their lack of empathy to blame, you’re killing your brain. Your thoughts are violent and I know you can’t hide it.
Cancer: They said they were scared of you leaving, little did they know about how you wrote poems about their touch. How you stayed up just to talk to them, and complimented them everyday to make them feel like the world. Now you’re just another stripe on their wall, a number. It’s ironic, really. They take all your pieces one by one and then ask you why you’re empty.
Leo: They took your hand and walked with you through nights of blanched white stars and dark blue skies, you never liked boating until they took you on a cruise but they drowned you with the anchor of the ship. Now you’re a castaway on an island, you’re so isolated. What happened to your people spirit, did it go down with the anchor?
Virgo: You trusted them, you never believed in fairytales but goddamnit they were your Prince Charming. I’m so sorry they lied to you, happy endings were a religion to you but they didn’t believe in your God. I’m sorry that tears are your only remedy and everything hurts. I’m sorry that the midnight air burns on the places they’ve touched and that you don’t want to wake up in the morning anymore.
Libra: They were your favorite song, the one you kept on repeat when you were a teen. They were your high school sweetheart, they made you feel alive. They kissed your eyelids and looked at you with adoration, their back pocket held knifes you’d never seen. The silhouette you see in the dark frightens you. And you said “I don’t think people understand brokenness until they experience it, you keep getting stabbed with the broken pieces they made and it’s like a slap of nostalgia.”
Scorpio: You flinched from my touch, hid away in the dark. Little water sign with a shattered heart and atrocious eyes; I’m sorry that your trust has been crumpled like your thousands of papers in the wind. You told me you’d never love or trust anyone again.
Sagittarius: You ran to the edge the world and drowned in seas of sadness, you went over heartbreak hills and lied in beaches with suns burning your face, when you came back you were even more empty than when you left. Your eyes look so much more dull.
Capricorn: There was something enchanting about the way their eyes made your light up and their touch made you smile so broadly, now that they’re gone you’ve gone in a zone of workaholic mode. Anything to keep you busy. Anything to keep you from thinking of them.
Aquarius: You threw away your independence for them, took care of them when they were sick and tangled your hands in their bushy hair. They were your everything, your own world map with compass saying “Go find yourself.”
Where are you? You’ve lost yourself.
Pisces: The smoke from weed lingers in your home, your bed hasn’t been made in two weeks. Vodka bottles lie on the floor. You haven’t washed your hair in all of these weeks, you didn’t leave your bad. You listen to their favorite band, I told you to get outside and you said that the only oxygen you had left, abandoned your lungs. They were oxygen, they were toxic.
Let’s promise each other something: because darling, oh darling. I know you want to press pause on the movie that is your life, because I do, I do. And I know you sometimes get so tired of carrying the weight of the world on those slim shoulders. I know you look into the mirror and see plain features and feel roaring waves of inadequacy, I know, I know.
I know you’ve got a little voice whispering inside of you you’ll never be good enough. I know you try to protect yourself, to shield yourself to not care because you fear the heartbreak that comes with caring to much but doing this makes you put yourself on the sidelines, makes people stop inviting you and I know, God, I know how much this hurts.
So let’s promise each other something: whenever this happens, this little voice trying so hard to protect us and only winding up hurting us: let’s promise each other to cry a little, to cry a lot. To take a shower, to listen to music and really, truly listen, think about nothing else. To write about wanting to give up but to keep on going, to eat something healthy too, even if we eat up a whole pack of potato chips or chocolate cookies, to grant ourselves this small reprieve instead of hating ourselves afterwards for the way we can pinch our belly between skinny fingers.
Listen to me, please, let’s promise each other to take a walk, to walk past a bridge or a body of water, to admire the darkness but remember the coldness and to keep on going. Remember that stranger that smiled, the one that helped you reach a high shelve, that picked up some change and gave it back, to remember the bus driver that waited on that busy intersection to let you get on, to remember all those little kindnesses from strangers you’ll never forget and to remember that we, too, have got so many little kindnesses to give and that there must be a stranger out there somewhere that remembers these plain features, these brown eyes and not so white teeth.
Let’s promise each other, that, please, please, but let’s also promise each other to sometimes let go and cry and to look after ourselves. Let’s remember that being kind and nice and good does not mean letting people walk over ourselves. And let’s define ourselves: if we like to be alone, sometimes, if we like to close the curtains against the world and drown in music and song, why be jealous of that one friend that is always talking to someone if the mere idea of holding more than three conversations is exhausting. If you love that girl everyone else seems to find annoying, hold steady to it, say “I like her and I like you and is there a problem?” because nothing will feel worse, and of this I am so absolutely certain, nothing will feel worse than betraying yourself.
Darling please, let’s promise each other, that on those lowest moments, on those darkest nights, when we feel like no one will love us ever, we’ll think of our achievements, even if they were something that feels so small and insignificant, like eating one cookie less or getting out of bed, if we were proud of them they matter and so do we. So do we.
And let’s promise each other we’ll think of our families, or about the friends we’ve had and that even though it always felt like we were the second choice, we were a choice, so they wanted us in their lives. Let’s think of the stranger we once helped, and think that maybe they remember us. Let’s think of the things that we love, and let’s think about the fact that the CO2 we expel from our lungs feed plants and bacteria and that we matter. That we have done some good in this world and that hopefully we’ll be able to do some more. That everything will be all right someday as long as we keep going.
Darling, let’s promise each other, that though we are strangers that may have never met, I’ll love you and you’ll love me, and we’ll think about each other sometimes, because we understand each other so perfectly, because I know that voice in your head as well as you know the ache in my bones and the tiredness of my eyelids, and we’ll keep on existing and breathing and loving and not giving up no matter how many times our heart breaks because we know they are not alone in breaking and so maybe, just maybe, they will not be alone in healing either because we will have each other to think of, to remember and to smile through the tears together.
Air Signs - I love the way that your mind works, intricate cogs working tirelessly within your mind, conveying thoughts, concepts, strokes of genius each bigger and brighter than the one before. I admire the determination you hold for social justice, the way that you fight for a seat at the table to discuss your thoughts and ideas no matter who tries to put you down. You can be as strong as a hurricane or as graceful as a butterfly.
Fire Signs - Your warmth can be both gentle or overwhelming. I love that your personality can be comforting like a warm living room fire, or it could almost numb the senses with bonfire-like intensity. Your passion and desire is second to none and inspires a spark in even the coldest person’s heart. You provide warmth to the newborn infant, you strike fire into the heart of the revolutionary.
Earth Signs - How I wish I could see just how deep your roots grow. Your soil is rich and fertile, giving life to revolutionary ideas and setting them in motion every day. You are organised in your chaos, you grit your teeth and bare through where others would call it quits. You have the power tear the world down and the ability to build it back from scratch, don’t let anyone confine you to cheap labels.
Water Signs - Your waters may be murky at times, but when the dust settles and everything becomes clear - oh how beautiful it is to see through your lens. You hold such depth, depths that nobody else can reach. You remain a mystery to everybody else while working in your own intricate way, embracing the chaos in your emotion and loving every ounce. You hold an entire world within you, with the power to drown it out or bring life to the planet.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this? Nicely done, Blizzard.
Just look at their faces and you can see how alike they really are. That concern for everything they hold dear -
To that grim determination to do the right thing in order to preserve their world -
As Varian said - “Anduin…I now believe, as you do, that peace is the noblest aspiration. But to preserve it, you must be willing to fight!”
Look at their faces and you can see just how strong they are. Anduin truly is his father’s son, even if he doesn’t believe it yet. Yes, they do things differently, but that is what makes them such amazing characters.
As she stared in awe at the sketch hanging on the wall of his room, he gazed, spellbound, at her face. He noticed how her eyes would turn into the shape of a cashew when she smiled, and somehow he was left breathless.
“Did you draw this?” She pointed to the sketch. It was a rough sketch of an empty street. One of his favorite.
“Yeah.” He nodded.
“Wow,” she said, admiring his work,
“How did you even come up with this? It’s so simple yet so beautiful. I can’t take my eyes off it.”
“Well, that’s a question I’ve been wanting to ask the universe.”
“Hmm?” She blinked at him, not having a single clue on what he was saying.
“You,” he began, “how did the universe come up with someone like you?”
“With just a smile, you effortlessly drowned the weight of the world on my shoulders. With just a look, you simply take all of my breath away,”
“And I really, really can’t take my eyes off you.”
No one in my family, not one of my friends or classmates realized that I was going through life asleep. It was literally true: I was going through life asleep. My body had no more feeling than a drowned corpse. My very existence, my life in the world, seemed like a hallucination. A strong wind would make me think my body was about to be blown to the end of the earth, to some land I had never seen or heard of, where my mind and body would separate forever. ‘Hold tight’, I would tell myself, but there was nothing for me to hold on to.
1. Traveling through a particularly dense part of an elder forest, the adventurers come across eery, man-sized totems fashioned from animal bone, furs and hide looming over the roadside. Though dead and motionless, its almost as if there were eyes watching them from the dark, hollow sockets, following their every move. They come across a small but heavily fortified village, a few simple cottages hiding behind a tall, wooden wall. The inhabitants wear grim and weary expressions on their faces and all are armed to the teeth. Salt is laid out in front of every doorframe and window board and talismans to ward off evil hang over every doorstep. When questioned about the totems lining the road outside, the villagers seem to fall into complete and utter terror. Then the lights of the village suddenly go out.
2. TROLLS! IN THE DUNGEON! TROLLS IN THE DUNGEON
3. A new religion has been founded and it is already passing pamphlets and sending heralds and priests to voice the new scripture out to the people. All’s well, you can never have enough gods to worship and blame for all your troubles in your life. There’s only one problem. Their new deity happens to be an ancient red dragon.
4. An elder entity from beyond space and time has been watching our adventurers for quite some time and finds their actions of chaotic heroics highly amusing. So much so, it decides to kidnap them and have them run through a dungeon of terror and geometric madness for its entertainment, promising three wishes to the victor. Victor. Singular.
5. An accident in an alchemists lab caused the many hundreds of potions stored inside to be shattered and their liquid contents to vaporize and spread and mingle in the form of a multicolored gaseous cloud that is now covering the town and infecting its inhabitants with random arcane effects.
6. A town painted in bloody smiles, an ivory altar rising from obsidian tiles Their eyes so hollow, as their god they follow To bring forth the lamb for the slaughter, all to appease to his eternal laughter They welcome you with open arms, and hide the bodies under the soil of their farms They wait for you to sleep so tight, then they slit your throat the same night.
7. The Vassa'li-Estate, once the proud and shining home of an old noble family, now stands abandoned and grey amidst its rotting lands. Locust swarms surround the building and feast on the flesh of those poor foolish enough to set foot on the family estate, while the river that springs forth from a source on the Vassa'li lands has become as deadly toxin, poisoning the surrounding soil of the farmland, driving its inhabitants away. They say the Vassa'li have broken the sacred laws of hospitality, and that the gods are punishing them for their transgression. But what really lurks beneath the estate does not swear its allegiance to a divine curse…
8. They are there. You know they are. They creep behind the walls and crawl through the shadows of your home. They hide under your children’s beds, grinning and licking the drivel off their teeth. Their arms are long and their hands are strong, as they take your child out of its crib and vanish into the night. They dwell in the forests, under crooked roots and in dark leaved trees, their eyes lit with deceitful innocence and their smiles wide and sharp. They wear crowns of thorns and berries, their faces as fair as a dying summer. They are known as the lords and ladies. The Fair Folk. Fey or Fae. They are beautiful. They are amicable. They are promising. They are gifting. But they are not nice. They are not good. They are the Fair Folk, and they are coming.
9. Every night, people vanish. Old and young, strong and weak, poor and rich. They are robbed off the streets, out of the safety of their homes, always in the shadow of the night. The only signs of a culprit even existing are the ripped off doors and foot-shaped craters in the stone roads and the cracks in the walls of the large, shovel-like hands heaving the creature’s way up the buildings. The city does not dare to sleep. The guards too terrified and understaffed to deal with this creature. But one thing they know. The creature is multiplying.
10. Ever since the Blood Moon rose above the village, madness has been spreading like a plague. Randomly does a villager stop dead in their tracks, gaze up at the dark-veined sky and laugh at the grinning moon, gouging out their eyes with their own fingers while screaming in a language foreign to this and any other world. And the Blood Moon, it hangs there, watching and grinning and feasting on the madness, its insides bulging and boiling - ready to give birth to a new Child of the Far Elder Realms.
11. One of the party members comes across a mysterious goliath gentlemen, who offers them the opportunity of a lifetime, presenting them with a strange deck of cards and ushers them to pick a single card from it.
12. A rift to the Elemental Plane of Water opens in the middle of a green valley, flooding it and the surrounding landscape with currents of ocean water and spilling all sorts of elemental creatures forth into the world - and threatens to drown the entire land if it is not closed.
13. An ancient Vampire seeks final death - but his hunger for blood has corrupted his mind to such primal thoughts that he can barely even remember his name. In desperation, he sends a servant with notices into the nearby towns, putting an anonymous contract on his own head.
14. One of the town’s graves has upturned in the night - the grave of a man that died through a horrible accident. But now his course stalks the night as a revenant and seeks out vengeance against his murderer.
15. The heroes notice that curious posters have appeared throughout the land - and discover, that a playwright has apparently started to adapt their adventures for the stage! As they visit one of the plays, they discover that unfortunately, the playwright chose to ridicule a long-term enemy of the party in his adaptation, and now this enemy seeks grim satisfaction against the playwright.
16. A powerful Lich has awoken from his centuries-long slumber and seeks to further his arcane knowledge and magic experiments. The heroes hear of this, and rush to end this potential threat… Only to discover that the Lich has apparently applied as a lecturer at an esteemed arcane university, and is thus as a member of this facility and protected by its sanctioned laws.
17. A glabrezu, a heinous treachery demon has taken on the shape of a deva and is guiding a solitary village down the path of corruption, disguised as wisdoms and commands of the gods.
18. A young humanoid approaches the party, face hidden under a cowl. They ask the adventurers in aid of finding their parents, whom they have lost sight of a long time ago. When asked to reveal their face first, the humanoid reveals the glowing eyes of a celestial and the dark, curved horns of a fiend.
19. The party is approached by a harvester devil, who promises them a wish if they aid him in claiming the overdue soul of a wizard, who plans to escape their contract by turning into a Lich.
20. A succubus has opened a lucrative business in the royal city, her customers including several high-ranking members of the court. Using her charm and skills of persuasion, the succubus goes on to sell information to both cults of demons and darchdevils. Now, two representatives of both cults, one demon, one devil, approach the party and bid them to kill the succubus and extract whatever information she may have on the other cult.
21. A crafty bunch of imps have infested the holy temple of a good-aligned deity and start turning the residing friars and paladins against each other with their pranks, whispers and invisible shenanigans.
22. A high-ranking pit fiend appears out of nowhere in front of the party. But, instead of attacking, he goes on his knees and asks for redemption…
23. A letter has been sent to bards and musicians throughout the land! An ancient copper dragon and self-called lover of the fine arts announces that he is about to host the greatest musical competition of all time: Whoever writes him the most beautiful song and performs it in front of him and the assembled crowd, shall receive a great, legendary artifact in the dragon’s possession.
24. Good is not soft. It is a fact that applies to many of the metallic dragons, as their sense of good and evil and the means necessary to do the one and end the other is vastly different from that of most mortals. A group of bronze dragons has therefor decided that the only way to achieve peace in the world, would be by subjugating the mortal races under their benevolent rule.
25. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. A well known idiom and wisdom that the common folk adhere to. Such an idiom apparently does not exist for the dragon’s themselves, as a young copper dragon believed it to be funny to steal two objects from the horde of two chromatic dragons and hide them in the other’s horde, laughing as the two chromatic drakes in their fury do battle over the landscape - and causing heavy casualties amongst the poor people that are helplessly stuck between them.
26. Storm clouds gather and brew above the endless desert. A mysterious, blue haired stranger appears in the city of a wealthy sultan and bends the knee, proposing for the sultan’s eldest child’s hand in marriage. As the sultan refuses, the mysterious stranger angrily reveals his true form, that of an ancient blue dragon and carries the sultan’s child off to his lair. A typical damsel in distress-quest, nothing new to hard-boiled adventurers… But under the golden facade of the sultan’s palace hides rot and deceit, and the sultan’s child does not seem too eager to return to their father…
27. After hundreds of years, a terrible doom has awakened under the ice of the northern islands. A terrible white archdrake, a beast of primordial winter and elemental fury, its mere presence causes summer itself to turn into the coldest winter. Soon, it will spread its eternal blizzard all over the world.
28. A city under siege - a chromatic dragon of great size and strength furiously lashes out against the city walls. The citizens ask the adventurers to slay the beast, but when confronted, the dragon reveals its true intention: To save their child, held captive as an exotic pet by the king.
29. The Hobgoblins have decided to play against the rules of land-based warfare and have taken to the seas, building an entire armada of ships under the command of their new Warchief. Yet, when one vessel of their fleet is one day captured and the crew questioned, not only is the ship empty of loot or even rations besides of weaponry and the Hobgoblin soldiers seem to babble only of one thing: “The Deep Lord.”
30. A drunken sailor comes up to the party and tries to sell them some trinkets and garbage he fished out of the sea. Next to broken compasses, an old cutlass and some sea-glass baubles however, there is a shining, round stone stone as big as one’s head, pearl-like and shimmering. And there’s something moving inside.
31. On a travel over sea, a terrible storm breaks out, capturing the ship the party travels on and shattering it against the rocky shore of a small island near the mainland. As the party awakes, not only do they find their means of travel and return destroyed, but the coast of the mainland steadily growing smaller in the distance, as the small island swims away with them on it.
32. Hiring afoot! The captain of a harboring ship recently lost their crew after a falling out and is now seeking a replacement. The goal? A fabled island in the far east, where according to old documents the captain has discovered, an ancient temple to a forgotten deity lies in hiding…
33. There are rumors going about of a shipment of actual dragon eggs having appeared on the black market, sold by an individual known as Kaveth Dyr.
34. An infamous criminal has escaped from prison where he was awaiting his execution. The town guard warn the population that the criminal was once a study of the magic school of Illusions - meaning he could be hiding anywhere or as anyone.
35. One of the temples of the gods has been desecrated - offensive graffiti smeared in goat-blood on the wall, feces stains on the doorstep, and symbols of the deity’s divine rival are hung over its gate. The priests are now seeking aid in finding the culprit, before the angry planetar that is currently residing within the temple and was send by the deity starts rampaging through the town.
36. A rat plague is rampaging through the town - not rats as in tiny vermin, but bloody huge, spike-sprouting, rabid Dire Rats as big as dogs.
37. A rich noblewoman is looking into expanding her collection of ancient artifacts and scriptures - promising a grand reward for any adventurers willing to retrieve or sell such artifacts to her. Such a shame that these adventuring parties often never return from the same ruin she always sends each team to…
38. Over the course of the last three weeks, several of the young women of the village have gone missing. The party is hired to look into the mysterious disappearances, only to see that the women weren’t being kidnapped, but saved…
39. A young wizard has set up shop in the village and is promptly being swarmed by the locals for all sorts of potions and spells and charms to aid them in their every-day business. At first business goes well, but very soon things change as the various charms and potions show weird, nasty side-effects on the villagers…
40. Ominous calls and whispers echo through the night, sending chills down the people’s spine and causing the hooting of nightly owls to shush. In the morning there is much uproar and panic, as the villagers find the old graveyard entirely uprooted - every single grave desecrated and empty.
41. Near a small fishing village, a coven of sea hags have made their home on a offshore crag rising out of the sea. In return for worship and a yearly tribute, they gift the village with their nets full of fishes and clams that carry pure pearls within. A fair trade… Where it not for the fact that the tribute consisted of this year’s firstborn child.
42. A farmer reports strange happenings to occur on his farmstead - the crops are withering, in the night whispers sound from behind the walls and tiny footprints are found on the wooden floor that belong to no human or beast.
43. A traveling merchant comes through the village, carrying nothing on him but a small satchel on his side. The merchant gives no trade, but sells exactly what anyone asks him for from his bag, but never demands gold - only a favor.
44. A young priest of the pantheon’s sun god, eager to prove himself and the authority of the sun deity has come to the village and moved into the old church. From there, he begins a crusade against the ancient traditions of the village - such as the reverence of the woodland spirits, fey creatures and calling to the forefather’s spirits for guidance and started to tear down the old stone circles meant for bringing peace offerings to the woods- thus starting a deep, escalating rivalry between him and the village pellar.
45. Thirty years ago, a child went missing in the woods near the village. All searching was for naught, and the villagers had to hold the funeral rites over an empty grave. Now, thirty years later on the night of an empty moon - the child stands on its parent’s doorstep once again, not aged a day, asking what’s for supper.