• go on a long walk
• make sure you’re hydrated, you’ve eaten, and you’ve taken your medication
• have an early night
• movie day with ur fav snacks
• shower, moisturise, and put on a cute outfit to make u feel bomb
• do some yoga / meditation
• have a bubble bath
• make ur room cozy (candles, blankets, fairy lights) and relax by reading, playing an instrument, drawing etc.
• meet up with friends if you’re an extrovert, or have some alone time if you’re an introvert
Do you have any tips on trying to stay positive???
A few tips to stay positive: 1. Learn to express self-love! Compliment yourself on one thing everyday and make sure to congratulate yourself on your achievements, even the small ones. 2. Remember that today is ONE DAY of many. There is always tomorrow. 3. It is okay to make mistakes; the only way to learn and get better at anything is to make mistakes. Learn from what you’ve done wrong, and move on. Everyone makes mistakes, you are no exception. 4. It is important to take breaks; if things get too rough, take a step back. Do a calming activity (ex: knitting, coloring, getting a snack, doodling, reading, etc.) and come back to what is giving you trouble at a later date. 5. Life is a lot of work and stress. You have to have fun sometimes, too. Take one day of the week and make that your “all play no work” day. Dedicate this day to doing what makes you happy and make sure to do as little work as possible! You can do the rest of your work the other 6 days of the week. 6. Remember you are loved. 7. Take deep breaths. Look up breathing exercises on the internet; they help improve one’s singing and are good for those with anxiety. 8. Make sure to drink and eat throughout the day. This is important! Also remember to take your medication (there are many apps which can help you set reminders for when to take your medication!) 9. Don’t care about what others think; just do what makes you happy. People are going to judge you no matter what, so might as well just do what makes you happy anyway! Be weird. Be unique. Be yourself. 10. Spread the positivity! Giving other joy and positivity is a good way to also give yourself joy and positivity. The more positivity spread, the better!!!
it's scary how much hate you get. do you have any tips for staying positive / self assured?
Not really. I’m… not a positive or self-assured person to begin with. I think part of my tolerance is just from “Really? That’s the best you’ve got?” Nobody has more reasons to dislike me than I do, haha.
I find that I’m really more focused on my work/study when I don’t have visual distractions. Some months ago I had my desk right in front of the window and I was easily distracted by birds, rain, people walking down the street…cats…everything! Then I tried to turned my desk to the wall. I don’t even see the sunset in the evening when it comes and I can stay focused on my work longer and better. Also, I can see all my sticky notes right in front of me when I study and it can be very useful when I have to repeat details and organise my speech for an exam.
Tips on how to stay positive? Sometimes I get into a slump and wonder if my writing is even good enough. I know I shouldn't compare myself to other writers.
You’re right, you shouldn’t. It’s hard sometimes but it really does become a black hole. Here’s a few things off the top of my head:
1. Stop holding yourself to such high standards. This does nothing but crush you when you can’t reach them. It may seem positive to say hey I’m going to do all the things! But it’s better to give yourself realistic goals.
2. Give yourself permission to suck. It’s very freeing to say, yeah I’m going to write this and it’s going to be bad, but that’s alright. You can only go up from there, and with each edit you will.
3. Read about other’s success. It isn’t a competition and all writers started out at where you’re at, I promise you. It’s really inspiring to see how far they’ve come and know that you can do it too.
4. Take “good enough” and “talent” out of your vocabulary. Both are non-existent. The only way you’ll get to where you want to be is hard work. There is no good enough or talent. Those are just titles you earn from people who don’t see your background effort.
5. Surround yourself with positive people. If you’re already inclined towards negativity and self doubt, nothing is worse than people who don’t believe in you. (Writer friends/critique partners/etc are great, positive people
just a warning: there WILL be negative and anti posts in the karamelaw tag, there has been an anti week made and they’re using our tag, so i have a couple of tips to stay positive through this all, which is what this week was meant to be
1) block, block and then block again. if you feel like you can go through the tag, then just block the people using the tag negatively! you’ll feel so much better not seeing the posts
2) don’t go through the tag at all, we will be reblogging every positive karamelaw post we see in the tag onto this blog, so if you feel you’re not up to seeing the hate in order to block it, then just keep checking this blog, that way you know you can still see the posts without having to see the negative ones
I’m so sorry that this is happening, we made this week to spread positivity for karamel and the shippers, and it was meant to be something so positive and nice, where we felt safe to post and look through the tag, I’m sorry that our tag has been invaded, and wish there was something more we could do about it!
don’t let the antis get what they want, for us to stop posting and supporting our ship, but most of all, do what’s best for you, that’s way more important to us, so if you wanted to participate but don’t feel you can do it because of the hate, then don’t, no one is blaming you for putting yourself first!
You cant change your past. You can never take back the things you have said or take back the things you have done. You can never take back the pain you have inflicted on a person but you can apologize,make a mends. Yoy can move forward and work on becoming a better person.
In a weight loss journey you have to stay positive. Hating yourself and letting your current weight ruin your day over and over again is doing nothing but holding you back. Negative thoughts reflect on the outside whether you know it or not.