Wanderlust Resources: Great Websites for Living Abroad
Here’s just a few of the websites I use to help me travel, live and work abroad. These are great resources that have helped me A LOT A LOT A LOT.
- What it is: classified ads for Berlin, Madrid, and Barcelona. Find jobs, apartments, language exchange partners, etc
- What it is: classified ads for Rome. Find jobs & apartments
- What is is: Find nanny/au pair jobs in France. EXCELLENT. I used this in Paris. Don’t be discouraged by it being in French. Pull up Google Translate in a diff window, and become a premium member (6 euros for 1 month, roughly $8). WORTH IT
- What it is: Flight search, and one of the best. Almost always has the cheapest prices but always cross-reference with other sites like Kayak.com and Cheapoair.com (dont bother with Orbitz or Priceline)
- What it is: Find families to Au Pair for, also can be used to find students for private English teaching. I’ve written a lot about this because it is the best Au Pair service ever. Don’t bother with premium - you’ll get contacted by families.
- What it is: Mash up of resources for every type of travel - from farm work, studying abroad and volunteer work to culinary travel. This is what I used when I decided to move abroad for the 1st time - it’s how I discovered Au Pair work.