When something doesn’t look right, but you can’t figure out why, make a copy of your layer and try some of these tricks. Staring too long at a piece without breaks is often where I “kill” a piece and lose scope of the work as a whole. Thanks to letsplaygods for the supersaturate trick.
digital Artists!! Are you tired of restarting your tablet drivers??
So as you should all know, if your Wacom tablet is acting up (pen pressure stops, it glitches, or just won’t work) then the first thing to do is: unplug, plug back in, and restart the tablet driver!!
Here’s how people usually do it:
But it’s a bit of a hassle to pull up the services app every time, especially if your computer is slow like mine, and can’t handle a lot of programs at once, the poor thing.
Here’s how you SHOULD do it:
1: Open up notepad (you know, the simplest program on windows?) and write these exact three lines. Simple!
Don’t be scared! This is basically just some simple code that will restart the Wacom tablet drivers!
((I have an intuos pro, so I’m not sure if the service name is different for other tablets. You can double check, but it should be the same. You can see that the service name in my text file is the same as the one in the first screenshot! Cool!)
2: Save that bad-boy as a .bat file, and don’t forget to set the type to “All Files” or else I’ll come to your house and slap you! :3c
((We want to save it as a .bat file, so that it can actually run the code!! And don’t worry, the name doesn’t matter!! Feel free to name it something silly :D))
3: Slap that sucker on your desktop for easy access, and give it a good ol’ double click when your tablet is being rebellious!! A lil black box should pop up, and voila! Tablet (hopefully) fixed!!
This is so much nicer than waiting for the services app to pop up, and having to wait through a loading bar! You still gotta restart your art program (sadly), but this is just so much more convenient! I usually restart the drivers once every few hours while drawing, or just when it starts to get sluggish!
Have fun drawing with pen pressure, lightning speed, and all that good stuff!! <3
Summer is just under one month away and many of us who have been hibernating in all regards are elated to start the Summer ‘16 festivities. We’re taking the word of many fine people all over and saying if your hibernation includes a complete obliteration of the word “shaving” from your vocabulary, we have you covered. We’ve compiled our best kept secrets for the finest shave that you’ll ever know but we’d also like to give you a fair warning… you will not be able to stop feeling your legs, these tips leave your skin so soft, it’s almost unapproachable.
1) It’s a common myth that not shaving for a period of time until just prior to needing to shave, will result in maximum smoothness, this is entirely incorrect. The faster you get into the habit of shaving, the smoother your legs, arms, etc. will be. So if you have a date, party, seance, make sure you start several days before to ensure the smoothest shave when it is really necessary.
2) Shaving with Oil - yes, we fulllllllllyyy recommend shaving with oil but this needs to be expanded on just a tad. Per our experience and we’ve tried every oil under the sun (coconut, argan, rosehip, olive, castor, you name it!) Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the absolute crème de la crème of oils to shave with. Not only is EVOO the most hydrating for us but it also for some reason leaves us completely smooth longer. Our great Aunts to our best friends have aggrandized coconut oil for every use under the sun but we’re telling you; EVOO leaves us smooth for 3-4 days while coconut oil is a mere 1-2 days, tops!
ALSO, on the topic of oil, it’s extremely tricky to shave with but here’s a no frills account of how we do:
-Pour about 1/4c of EVOO in a container and place in shower with you.
-Allow the steam of the shower to soften your hair follicles for at least 5 minutes.
-Once your skin is feeling supple, take a quarter size amount of oil into your hands and massage it onto your leg for around 2 minutes (or whichever body part you’re shaving, just make sure to massage each body part in between shaves i.e. massage oil into left leg, shave left leg, then repeat steps for each body part of your choosing.)
- When the leg is coated, rinse your razor and begin shaving against hair growth, making sure to rinse the razor head completely every 2-3 swipes to prevent clogging.
MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE SKIN COMPLETELY MOISTURIZED WHILE SHAVING! IF YOU’RE NOT THE QUICKEST SHAVER, NO WORRIES. JUST MAKE SURE TO RINSE THE SKIN EVERY FEW SWIPES!
Skin that is not adequately dampened is the #1 cause for nicks while shaving.
Once done go ahead and massage the remaining oil into the skin, you’ll be a walking heart-eye emoji for the next couple of days. After leaving the shower, we like to moisturize again with our Leighis Butter for an absolute goddess radiance.
3) Ingrown Hairs and Itchiness after Shaving. To prevent ingrown hairs and itchiness after shaving, we recommend two things. One- Use a toner over shaved areas after shaving. We recommend Witch Hazel or your own DIY Sea Salt Toner or ACV toner, just send us an ask if you need the recipe. Two- Exfoliate! We dry brush 3 times a week at least to keep the dead skin at a minimum. We also whip up a quick Pineapple Mask that we use over our entire body as a chemical exfoliant which we prefer over scrubs. Shaving also helps to remove dead skin, so the more you do it (as long as it’s in a hygienic, safe fashion) the less issues you’ll have with ingrown hairs and itchiness.
4) Men razors give a closer shave than women razors. I believed this for so long! My absolute favorite razor was the Gilette Fusion, my step-dad had purchased a bulk of them from Sam’s Club and I was completely hooked for years until trying my favorite now, the Schick Hydro Silk which has the smoothest glide ever! We’ve done our research, Gilette uses the same razor blades for their men and women lines and we’ve read that it mostly comes down to the angle of blade, the curvature of the razor head, and the handle as a whole. Overall, we like that women’s razors are designed for the hair on our most commonly shaved areas (i.e. legs, bikini, and underarms) so we’re voting Women’s over men’s any day but we implore you to experiment for yourself. We just recommend a razor of quality with at least 4 blades, the Schick Hydro Silk and the Gilette Fusion both have 5 and that you change the razor head as soon as it dulls.
Here’s just a few more pointers:
- There’s no need to push down hard when shaving! Simply glide the razor over the skin in straight, controlled strokes.
- Shaving with oil is going to extend the life of your razor, which is great for your bank account and no more poisonous shaving creams but you’ll have to spend a few more minutes cleaning the razor. After each use, we rinse our razor head, soak it in an alcohol solution for a few minutes, then take a cotton swab with alcohol, and dab it clean. This is necessary and will prevent infection just in case of a nick.
- If you do happen to cut yourself while shaving, just rinse with cold water, cleanse with hydrogen peroxide, treat with Neosporin, and cover with a cool bandaid (recommend: Spongebob or the Simpsons [our aura is Yellow])
Lastly, if you’re feeling fancy, soak in a warm bath tub enchanted with a natural bath bomb, we use the Leighis Goddess Bath Velvets to start a really penetrative moisture. These bath velvets are no joke when comes to moisturizing so much so that the oil isn’t even necessary but we use it anyway. After daydreaming in the tub for around 20 minutes, we feel our legs, ascend to heaven, come back, shave, ascend again then moisturize once more. But this is almost lethal luxury! We reserve it for birthdays, Christmas, and every Thursday because Treat. Yo. Self.
We hope this helps! Thanks for reading, our ask is open for advice!
i know there is a lot of hype about how having a smoother, bigger, rounder butt is more “attractive”, but you know what? fuck the standards, ALL butts are cute and you shouldn’t feel pressured to make yours look a certain way. 💖
A handy trick for spells is by remembering these 3 simple steps before casting them: Visualization, Concentration, and Evocation
Visualization- Know what you want. Picture your intention clearly. See it like it already happened, and not like it will happen or is happening. Set it in your mind like a truth.
Focus clearly on your desire through the whole spell. Use tools, symbolism, words, herbs, etc. as anchor points in a way to help focus your energy into your intention.
Pull energy out of yourself, or from forces around you like nature, spirits, gods, magical beings, magical tools, the elements, etc. to power your spell. Actions like chanting, dancing, or drum beats can also be used to build and evoke energy.
Howdy ATBers! It’s me, Eggymod! Today I decided to make a tutorial that details my method for taking lineart you may have made too thick and making it thinner!
This works great in emergencies, and I use it a lot when I don’t want to re-ink some background elements I may have made too thick. It works best if you’re like me and you keep all aspects of your lineart on separate layers (Figures / BG ), but you can also use it if everything’s on the same layer!
Your SD has asked you to sleep over and to pack an over night bag. What do you bring? The last time I brought an overnight bag, I forgot a very simple item. A brush. lol So here’s some tips, tricks and items it’s always good to have in an overnight bag.
1. Know his patterns.
Hopefully by now that you’re sleeping over at his place you have an idea of his patters. Where he likes to go, how he likes to dress and the activities he likes to participate in. This is key to packing your wardrobe. For example, my SD is a socialite. He loves to go out to nice restaurants, preferably with live music so he can bring me to dance while everyone is watching. Aka, anywhere where he can find potential clients and be the limelight.
2. Know his timing.
Is your SD an early riser or does he like to lounge around with you in the morning? My SD is a get up and go kind of guy. So lingerie really isn’t an option. I do pack my makeup in a convenient that I can hang on a towel rack that was it’s easily accessible and everything is organized. Your SD wants to have fun, he’ll get frustrated if he has to sit and wait for you to dig through your bag to find things. Be clean and respectful.
3. Pack light but efficiently.
Just like my makeup bag. It’s clean, out of the way and on a towel rack. I pack my essentials. Get travel size containers to put shampoo and conditioner in or lotion. If you bring full bottles of thing your bag will be heavy and bulky. He’ll think you want to live with him, not just stay the night. lol
Makeup: Again, my essentials. -Foundation -Primer -Concealer -Small eyeshadow pallet (ONE) -Mascara -Highlight and Contour pallet -Eyelashes -EYE LASH GLUE (Super embarrassing if you forget this) -Nude lipstick (one) -Essential Brushes I keep to a minimum. -Chapstick -Perfume - my SD loves smells
-Tampons, even if you don’t need them, mother nature can be weird so just have them. -Baby wipes. It’s a really quick way to clean “down there” Without taking a shower. Not to mention they can take your makeup off easily too. -Hair Brush. Yes, please don’t forget this. -Hair tie. Also a super important thing to have. How can you wash your face when your hair is in the way? Using a towel to wrap your dry hair in is not fun. (Been there) -Toner -Face wash -Lotion -Toothbrush and toothpaste -Cotton pads -Your own small face towel. Don’t wipe your mascara on his towel. lol -Deodorant -Contacts -Contact solution -Contact case -Bobi pins
-A really nice dress - What if he doesn’t tell you where you’re going? I always have a dress and heels on hand. -Dark wash jeans. There’s something aesthetically pleasing about dark wash jeans. You can dress them up, dress them down. -Nude heels. I usually bring nude that way i can wear them with my dress, jeans whatever and match no matter what. -A casual outfit that looks nice. I always bring a dress then a casual outfit for the next day just incase we go to breakfast. -COMFORTABLE lingerie. Is that even a thing? If you don’t sleep naked but don’t want to wear your regular Mickey Mouse Pjs, then get soft comfortable lingerie that isn’t uncomfortable to sleep in. Not to mention, if you do sleep naked but are casually hanging around the house, it’s fun to walk around in. -Extra underwear. 2 pairs. -Nude bra or sports bra -Cute sandals That’s basically it! Hope it Helps. -Samantha N.B.
So I’m no expert or professional, but I will say I know a thing or two about makeup and I’d like to share some of my personal products I swear by.
•Kat Von D tattoo liner
-This liner really lives up to its name. The brush tip makes it REALLY easy to do precise winged liner and it doesn’t smear, smudge, transfer, or fade. AND it’s waterproof.
•Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
-I like the ABH brow wiz, but i wanted a product I wouldn’t go through within a month and have to constantly repurchase. I gave the dipbrow a go and I’m never turning back. I’ve had mine for 8 months and I STILL have a lot left, it’s easier to work with, and it’s cheaper than the brow wiz.
•The Balm Meet Matte Hughes liquid lipsticks
-These bad boys are the perfect kind of matte and they stay on all day and don’t budge. Seriously my favorite liquid lippies ever.
•Too Faced Born This Way foundation
-I’ve repurchased this multiple times because I’m hooked on it. I have combination skin and it’s medium-full coverage lasts all day and it’s just always been the perfect match for my skin- plus it comes in 18 different shades!
•Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray
-Everyone hypes this one up, but it’s worth it. It makes my makeup a lot less cakier and of course makes it last longer. I can’t get enough of it.
SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PART OF IT!
I love my grimoire. I try to write every day in it. It always makes me really happy and it gives me a lot of energy and positive vibes.
I was thinking to start a “Online Book of Shadows” on Google Drive. So that all witches have access to it and also can tell me their own ideas.
What will I write in it?
Spells, meditation, astral travel, crystals, tips and tricks, sigils, pendulum things, color magic, about all kinds of tea, mythology, gods, about the nature, numerology, palmistry, DIY’s, divination forms, incense, chakras, symbols, hidden messages, saving the bees, tarot card meaning and tarot spreads, aura, … AND MUCH MORE!
I will only start with it if this post gets 500 notes. Because I don’t want to work for it if no one is looking at it.
What do you think? Please message me if you want to take part of it.
helloooo !! so many of you guys have been asking for tips on how to study for o levels, so i made this !! sorry i didn’t have much time, hope this would suffice !! ☺️☺️ JC life is pretty tough, first week and i’m already struggling to stay afloat tbh HAHA. don’t take your secondary school life for granted guys!!!! hope this helps!! 💪🏼💪🏼
good luck on your o levels ❤️ miss you guys loads!!
also good luck for those receiving your a level results 🍀👍☺️
you don’t owe anybody anything. i know some boys act like they deserve something from girls, whether it be sex, a certain look, nudes, or even a text back. but you are a human being and deserve to be respected as one, and anybody who thinks otherwise can fuck off. ⚡️