Finally got paint and got to make the sweetie bean and the green bean~ lawl
Code is @sansarooni ’s
Mirror is @ravenpember-dtd ’s
Gotta get a paint sealer for them :0
Modge podge, spray, or clear nail polish? Tips?
dusk, old perfume bottles, cotton sheets, dried rose petals, hand written love letters, old buildings on a street made of stone, ballet, copper, dark lipstick, melted wax candles, grand architecture, rivers that run through cities, women in silk dresses, ballrooms, doves, lavender, gold jewelry, french tipped nails, chandeliers, the women’s powder room, glasses of champagne, harps, long lashes, and lipstick stains on blushing cheeks
Public speaking is very few people’s favorite thing. It can be so terrifying to get up in front of a whole class and present your project, so here are a few tips on nailing your next speech and feeling a little less nervous while you’re at it.
i. preparing your speech
Start with a topic that you care about, and be sure that:
It’s not too general that you don’t have enough time to cover it (like ‘the history of the US’ for a five minute speech) or too specific that you will run out of material.
Some people talk faster when they are nervous, some people slow down. Find out which you are and plan accordingly.
Make several drafts, and send them to your teacher if you can.
Create your visual aids (PowerPoint, handouts, etc) before your final draft, so you can make changes as necessary.
Don’t put too much text on your slides, other wise your audience (and maybe you) will get distracted by trying to read them.
Stick to using slides for quick facts, statistics, and pictures.
Don’t use the sound effects options they have for changing slides, it will just be a distraction.
For a speech you’re just giving once, you probably won’t have the timing down enough to use automatic changes.
Don’t put too much information on one slide. Just the point you’re on, and maybe the next, will be enough to fill it if your font is as large as it should be.
Make sure you have your slides saved in at least two places (typically a flash drive and your email) so that if you can’t access one you have a back up.
Think about what questions people might have about your topic, and be prepared to answer them. Also brush up on any opposing views if the exist so that you can address those, both in the speech and in questions.
ii. making your flashcards
Write bigger and clearer than you think you need.
I find it a bit difficult to read when I get nervous, especially when I’m just glancing down quickly. Write in print, and stick to just one or two points per card so that you can write largely.
Don’t write whole sentences, just key words.
If you have too much information you’ll be tempted to read it all off. Instead, just write down a word or two that will remind you of your point if you get off track.
Number your flashcards, and consider putting them on a ring.
That way, if you drop your cards on the way up you won’t start out flustered.
Remember to put when to change the slide so you don’t forget and end up behind, or leaving it on the same slide the whole time.
Color code your cards so that you can see what’s happening at a glance.
I typically use blue for stats/things I need to quote directly, grey for slide changes, and pink for points to emphasize.
All speeches should end with you asking for questions, so be sure to add that into your last card.
Always practice out loud, even if you feel silly.
It’s important to hear and feel yourself saying the speech to get comfortable performing it.
Time yourself practicing your rough draft a few times, so you know if you need to make it longer or shorter.
Practice with your visual aids a few times
Practice it all the way through if you can; if you mess up, brush it off and keep going.
Film yourself practicing, so you can see if there’s anything you’re not noticing that you need to adjust.
Practice everyday, even if it’s just for a few minutes some days.
The more you practice, the more comfortable you’ll feel.
iv. getting ready to speak
On the day of your speech, be sure to eat a good breakfast/lunch so you don’t get light headed.
Dress in an outfit that makes you feel confident and isn’t distracting: no busy patterns, large logos, or short hemlines that you would be tugging at the whole time.
Double check that you have everything you need before you leave – cards, slides, and any handouts you may need.
This TED Talk has some great tips on faking confidence. I highly recommend watching it, but if you don’t have the time one of the take aways is that certain poses can trick your brain into feeling confident. She actually suggests going into a bathroom stall and standing in a “Superman” sorta pose for a minute or so. You’ll feel really silly, but strangely it helps.
While you’re in there, adjust your hair/check your teeth so you’re not worried about that when you get up there.
If you get to choose when you speak, think strategically: will going first and getting it out of the way make you feel better? Or would you rather wait and see a few people speak first?
I really don’t suggest waiting until the very last slot, but I like to go second or third to have the best of both worlds.
When you get to class, lay out everything you need and glance over your notes one more time. Then take a deep breath. You’ve got this.
v. the speech
When you get up to speak, take your time laying out everything you need and setting up your slides.
After you’ve gotten the slides on, test the remote to see how sensitive it is. Just flipping to the first slide and back to the intro will help you feel less flustered if it’s more sensitive than you think and jumps around.
Take a deep breath and get started. If you mess up, no will know but you. Just keep going and act confident.
Glance back for just a second when changing slides to make sure you’re on the right one.
Make eye contact! The biggest mistake I see people make is to look down or above everyone’s head. Make eye contact with everyone more or less equally so it doesn’t look like you’re staring people down (but, if there’s someone that’s extra smiley/encouraging don’t be afraid to come back to them when you get nervous).
If you feel yourself starting to get nervous or starting to talk too fast/slow, it’s okay to take a second to take a deep breath and center yourself. Don’t be afraid of a couple seconds of silence if you need them.
If the podium helps you feel less nervous, use it. If moving around helps you loosen up, that works too!
If you get off track, you are likely only one that even noticed that you messed up, so just take a deep breath, take a look at your notes, and get back on track the best you can (”going back to the second point,” or “but before we get to that,”).
If you’ve noticed that something’s wrong that needs to be addressed (like you’re on the wrong slide, or you misspoke and gave an incorrect fact) you can say something simple like “Sorry, I misspoke, it’s actually 1 in 3 Americans, not 1 in 4″ or try to make a joke if the subject lends to it and move onto your next point.
No matter what happens, it’s all good. Try to to panic and say things like “sorry, guys, I’m just so nervous” because that’s basically the only thing that will tip them off that you are.
Above all, just try to relax and remember that you’re doing a good job. No one but you can tell how nervous you are or will know if you mess up.
• to make nails grow faster, mix ¼ cup of organic coconut oil, ¼ cup of raw organic honey, and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. warm it up in the microwave for 15 seconds or less, soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. do this 1-2 times a week because it’s a form of nail exfoliation 💅
• steer clear of acetone-based nail polish! they will scrap your nails and leave them thinner. 👎 gel nail polish is safer and stays on for longer. 👏
• take your supplements if you seriously need them !!! invest in some biotins, omega 3 and omega 6 oils when they’re necessary to improve your health. if not, YOU ARE FINE. you’ll find what you need in your food👌 btw, if you’re black, we especially need vitamin d and sunlight! get that money and TREAT.YO.SELF.
• every once in a while, you get broke hoe problems and we can’t make sugar scrubs without the right ingredients. 😥 but, you got a few bananas left? got some cocoa butter and shea butter, some apricot kernel oil, a little brown sugar too?? MIX THAT SHIT TOGETHER AND PUT IT IN A BLENDER. when it’s completely smooth, pour into a mason jar and add in the brown sugar 👍👍👍 your legs will feel silky smooth and refreshed after the exfoliation, trust.
• drink. your. green. tea!!!! 🍵 i cannot stress this enough! it cleanses bad toxins out of your body, eliminates unneeded bacteria, promotes faster metabolism, and can also promote growth for hair. get at least 1 cup in when you have the time 💧
• change your scarves and pillowcases out if they are cotton. cotton makes the hair brittle and dry and recycles bacteria and dirt into the pores of your face. ❌ using soft fabric like silk and satin will be more gentle on your hair. also, wash your pillowcase every week! avoid all the bad stuff and wallow in the clear. 🌟🌟🌟
• get your protein treatments, ASAP. it cleanses your hair while deep conditioning it and clarifying it of product build-up and leaves your tresses soft and smooth. whip up an egg and 3 tbsps raw plain yogurt mix and massage it into your hair. wash out the egg with cold water after, if not , it will fry inside your hair under heat or with hot water! leave it in for 20 minutes under a heat source, rinse, and then continue on with your shampoo routine ✨✨👸💆
• (FOR NONBINARY PEOPLE, BIOLOGICAL WOMEN, PEOPLE WHO STICK TO THEIR ASSIGNED GENDER) not as busty in the bra size or big in the ass area?? don’t worry. v-necks, crop tees, high waisted shorts/jeans, halter tops, and leggings are great alternatives to emphasizing your body. do your squats!! do your leg exercises!! do your push-ups for those bigger boobs!! never stop pushing yourself to better your body 💪👊☝if you are biologically male, nonbinary, or stick to your assigned gender, maca root supplements help speed up metabolism and balances out the hormones, which would help it have a growth spurt, if wanted 💕
• ginger tea is great if you are hungover and it cures nausea 💝💞
• avoid. putting. coconut oil. in. your. vagina (if you have one) !!!! it is antibacterial and antifungal and does wonders for hair and nails, but steer clear of physically inserting it inside of you. it’s a recipe for a yeast infection, or better yet, if you do it before getting busy in the bedroom, unwanted pregnancy! because it EATS HOLES IN LATEX CONDOMS!!! 👎✊
• do your eyebrows/eyelashes a favor and put extra virgin olive oil and castor oil combined on them. rub it in gently and don’t regret one second!! do it daily for a couple weeks, and you WILL get thicker eyebrows/longer eyelashes. 💋👂
• looking for a makeup remover, but they just don’t work out? mix 2 tbsps alcohol-free rose witch hazel (diluted with water to numb its astringent effect *for sensitive skin ppl out there*) 2 tbsps jojoba oil, and of course, 2 tbsps filtered water. add them all together and pour it into a dispenser and shake it well before using. wipe it on your eyelids with unscented towelettes and walah!! 💁🙌
to get at stray makeup, dip a cotton q-tip into the mixture and be careful and gentle.
• you see this everywhere, but pee after sex!!! please!!!! avoid a uti and infection by doing so. even then, it won’t prevent you entirely from STDs. get tested, get your partner tested! 😘😉
• red raspberry leaf tea helps with heavy and irregular bleeding during your period (if you’re a biological female), and the fragrarine helps tone and tighten the pelvic muscles, which reduces cramps! 🍓🍓🍓🍓 drink it regularly before your period to see results!
• black tea is a natural lip toner! spray onto your lips or rub it in and get them plump, soft, and refreshed! 🍷
• love yourself! 💞💕 pamper your needs and chill at an expensive spa, get a bullet journal, drink your water. drown yourself in well-deserved luxury! me-time is the best time. 😊
warnings: smut, violence, swearing. that’s pretty much it. also, it may contain some physical descriptions that might not fit yours. :)
Imagine: Five years has passed; now it’s time to face yours biggest fears and try to save the people you love.
Word Count: 3217
in the past five years, had learnt a few tricks on sneaking out of
her house to meet up with Kol Mikaelson, her best friend and, as it
was bound to happen, caring boyfriend too. It had to be a hidden
relationship, though, for his parents could never know she still remained so
close to him.
A couple of months ago, his mother, Esther,
decided to forbid their friendship. According to the brown haired
boy, she said it was way too dangerous to be close to such a wicked
family as the Hales; he could get hurt and the great matriarch could
not bear losing another child. Although Henrik’s death was not your
fault, it was horrible to be accused like that.
Taking a deep
breath, Y/N decided to shake those thoughts out of her head. They
brought up a dark side of her: it got her wishing to make the blonde
woman pay for all of that; through torture or maybe even put an end
to her life. Again, this was the vicious wolf speaking; craving
“Kol?” Y/N/N queried, in a whisper.
“Are you in here?”
Paint your nails black to banish negativity. Bonus points if you also paint sigils onto your nails.
An idea: If someone negative comes your way, secretly point your finger at them and flick them away! (Best way to do it secretly is to have long sleeves or jacket/hoodie pockets.) Bonus points if you throw an evil eye their way too. (If you’re into a little cursing.)